E90 engine oil leak experience

Re: E90 engine oil leak experience

Yup.... Agreed with you. Excellent service quality form Francis and his team. They live up to the name of their shop.

wei1983;906150 said:
Yesterday went to repair my oil leak from engine and change gasket . Thumbs up for Francis and his team . He will spend time explaining about your car and things need to replace

Seems like quite a few more fans of our friendly northern neighbour! =)

Hi bro, can pm me francis address... need to sent my car for check up

Yes, spoke to Francis yesterday he expanded another shop across the alley and saw a few more new pair of hands.

Business is indeed good and he has the capacity to handle more work now

Quite a number of bros headed his way repair leaks and what not.

lkm;906368 said:
Seems like quite a few more fans of our friendly northern neighbour! =)

alto i have not been to francis workshop, but general speculation is when workshop grow big ...
it's hard to micro manage and that's when quality drop and problem arise

canuck78;906639 said:
Yes, spoke to Francis yesterday he expanded another shop across the alley and saw a few more new pair of hands.

Business is indeed good and he has the capacity to handle more work now

Quite a number of bros headed his way repair leaks and what not.

Can some bros PM Francis contact and advise some to get there.
I am a noob in JB, has not been to there for the past 5 yrs as I dislike the un-safe condition there.
Has never been there since they move to new custom in JB.Going to the north is always through 2nd link and all the way up.
If the price different for leak repair is significate I may give it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:

PM you Francis contact

Labour savings quite significant, parts buy at eng soon and BYO
as MY parts more ex up north

TohTo;906960 said:
I am a noob in JB, has not been to there for the past 5 yrs as I dislike the un-safe condition there.
Has never been there since they move to new customer in JB.Going to the north is always through 2nd link and all the way up.

True, more jobs means less attention/time to details.

Gotta monitor and see

wt_know;906642 said:
alto i have not been to francis workshop, but general speculation is when workshop grow big ...
it's hard to micro manage and that's when quality drop and problem arise

TohTo;906960 said:
Has never been there since they move to new customer in JB.Going to the north is always through 2nd link and all the way up.

U r not alone to think its not safe. See another bro post in the 3 series forum about his windows smashed in JB.... Not forgetting the potholes. I am a faggort. I play safe and stay in Singapore and pay the premium and help singapre's economy, though I m tempted to check out FRANCIS's work.

Yes it's stories like this that constantly reminds us of the dangers of going JB.

Even KL not that safe with all the car park robbery and car jacks - esp targeting single female drivers.

So if one really have to go JB, I go in the day, drive straight to WS, drive highway if possible, avoid small roads, no stopping at petrol kiosk, no stopping at roadside stalls/coffee shops, park at WS. Once done, head straight back to customs.

Having said that, there's still risk so don't go if you don't feel safe.

keithloke;907069 said:
U r not alone to think its not safe. See another bro post in the 3 series forum about his windows smashed in JB.... Not forgetting the potholes. I am a faggort. I play safe and stay in Singapore and pay the premium and help singapre's economy, though I m tempted to check out FRANCIS's work.

Alamak! No stopping at petrol kiosk?? Hahah! How can any Singapore-registered car resist? =P

canuck78;907265 said:
Yes it's stories like this that constantly reminds us of the dangers of going JB.

Even KL not that safe with all the car park robbery and car jacks - esp targeting single female drivers.

So if one really have to go JB, I go in the day, drive straight to WS, drive highway if possible, avoid small roads, no stopping at petrol kiosk, no stopping at roadside stalls/coffee shops, park at WS. Once done, head straight back to customs.

Having said that, there's still risk so don't go if you don't feel safe.

Hey bro lkm,

You forgot most of the car jacking, robberies at knife or gun points all done at petrol kiosks haha?

lkm;907536 said:
Alamak! No stopping at petrol kiosk?? Hahah! How can any Singapore-registered car resist? =P

robberies aside, you have to ask yourselves the opportunity cost of driving all the way to JB to get it done.

do the math - toll both ways, cost of petrol both ways, traveling time both ways, time spent waiting at the checkpoints, cost of going to eng soon to buy the parts, etc...

is it worth it? how much do you save?

unless you are living in woodlands...

jinooi;907564 said:
robberies aside, you have to ask yourselves the opportunity cost of driving all the way to JB to get it done.

do the math - toll both ways, cost of petrol both ways, traveling time both ways, time spent waiting at the checkpoints, cost of going to eng soon to buy the parts, etc...

is it worth it? how much do you save?

unless you are living in woodlands...

same sentiments. largi best. 9 months down the road. car cock up again. superficial scars corrected, internal injuries masked and eventually resurfaces again. Lemon law? what lemon law? mao shan wang durians alot, no lemons to be found. :)

just my humble thoughts but understand some bros take this opp to go up north to shop and eat too, and that makes the premise much more tenable. :)

all the pros and cons can be listed but at the end of the day, it still boils down to how much value one places on money.

Safe or not , it really depen on on indiviual. If you go in the late night for food and "fun", than it might be unsafe. But for me, i go in the morning and leave the workshop once things are done. If you are alone, can just hang around the workshop or nearby coffeeshop. Just dont wonder into any unfamiliar backlane and it should be fine. As for saving, after doing up my maths, it do make sense for me to go in for certain repair work which labour cost is so much cheaper (more than 50%) than Singapore. Of course if i can offer to pay the high premium labour cost in Singapore, i would have done so. But too bad my pocket is not so deep ;).

Just my 2 cents opinion ;).

bros i need some help here. appreciate and thanks in advance before going on. going for my bmw 320 prefl (2006, milege 118000km, quoted price at 10000/yr depreciation) and here's the AA evaluation report. Please advise on how much needed for repair and if its wise to proceed with purchase.

1. please check engine coolant content
2. engine oil sump joint, oil sump sensor, flywheel area seepage.
RHS engine block and water pump area dumped with oil.
3. rear rhs shock absorber oil seepage
4. rear both shock absorber bump stop torn
5. all 4 brake discs worn

xiaofoggy;907854 said:
bros i need some help here. appreciate and thanks in advance before going on. going for my bmw 320 prefl (2006, milege 118000km, quoted price at 10000/yr depreciation) and here's the AA evaluation report. Please advise on how much needed for repair and if its wise to proceed with purchase.

My advice is to look for another car.

xiaofoggy;907854 said:

better to check with the sponsor workshops for a quote on the list of items to be repaired for a more accurate repair cost assessment.

but like viperjet said, i would look for another unit if i were you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1jun88net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back