E90 engine oil leak experience

Re: E90 engine oil leak experience

Went to look for Francis yesterday, brought my own spark plug and air filter. He did a check on my engine for oil leak and found the problem. Will be making a appointment with him to do up the leakage. Whole day job. Overall felt that he is very knowledgeable. As usual all BM's in the shop except 2 mini. One Spore car doing a major service to his air con. Upz for the lobang introduced by propertyhans!

Hi,

Can anyone PM me the address and contact for Francis workshop in JB? Many thanks in advance!!!!

javier;904384 said:
Hi,

Can anyone PM me the address and contact for Francis workshop in JB? Many thanks in advance!!!!

PM sent.

Thanks to lKM for the info.

Might be going in to do up my oil seals Thursday morning , anyone going in ?

This is a very common problem in e90.

Awesome service by Francis and team. Hardly can come across such wonderful service in SG workshop! Worth every penny..!!

Hi all,

Need some advice from you...

I need to top up my engine oil 1 litre every month. Is this normal or you guys think should bring to Francis to check as well?

I did some check on my own but I found no oil stains on my engine bay...

Driving a 2005 320i E90...

Seems like all the 5-6 year old E90 start having this problem

1L per month, e.g. 2,000km still ok i think

Some bro E90 drinking 1L every 1 week only option is to go for overhaul.

Can continue to add oil or go to diagnose, usually either the PCV valve or need to do valve stem replacement (top overhaul).

Worse scenario is full engine overhaul, but so far didn't hear anyone doing that extent.

Btw mine drinking 1L every 1 month, around 1.5-2k also.

aventus;905110 said:
Hi all,

Need some advice from you...

I need to top up my engine oil 1 litre every month. Is this normal or you guys think should bring to Francis to check as well?

I did some check on my own but I found no oil stains on my engine bay...

Driving a 2005 320i E90...

Wow! Thanks Bro Canuck78!

Very good advice! You eased my tension straightaway... I shall continue to monitor until next servicing.

Maybe Bro IKM can pass me Francis's contact first. I may need it in the future. Thanks lots!

canuck78;905169 said:

Can continue to add oil or go to diagnose, usually either the PCV valve or need to do valve stem replacement (top overhaul).

Worse scenario is full engine overhaul, but so far didn't hear anyone doing that extent.

got bro. 5 brudders here did a full engine overhaul liao....

Really... if its smoking or engine no power, then die die time is up for overhaul.

As far as I read, if prolonged engine coking due to oil in combustion, it will lead to pistons problem so best to not prolong such repairs for too long.

It's either top overhaul early on, or full overhaul down the road.

keithloke;905188 said:
got bro. 5 brudders here did a full engine overhaul liao....

Best to get your trusted workshop to pinpoint exact problem, nip the problem in the bud before it gets worse as it will costs more in the long run.

aventus;905184 said:
Wow! Thanks Bro Canuck78!

Very good advice! You eased my tension straightaway... I shall continue to monitor until next servicing.

Maybe Bro IKM can pass me Francis's contact first. I may need it in the future. Thanks lots!

Those having engine oil drinking problem, can try this if did not discover external leaks.. Idle your car at park for 10mins then rev, if there is white smoke from ur exo means ur seals are gone & require top overhaul..

DayDreaming;905318 said:
Those having engine oil drinking problem, can try this if did not discover external leaks.. Idle your car at park for 10mins then rev, if there is white smoke from ur exo means ur seals are gone & require top overhaul..

Agree with daydreaming. Try it~

I have the same problem too. Need to top up 1L of engine oil between 1-2 weeks or around 1000km. Finally, decided to send my car to Francis workshop for him to do a check on the engine. At his workshop, he did a check on my engine and found no external oil leak around the engine area. He idle my car for 10-15min than rev on the accelerator and i saw white smoke coming out from the exhaust. He told me seals are gone and need to do an engine top overhaul. Quoted me the price for the top overhaul and told me need about 4 days to do the job. Leave the car on the spot (Saturday) and collect it back last Thursday morning.
Since last Thursday till now (travel around 600km) engine oil level still show max. Before I did the top overhaul, the engine oil level would have gone down to the mid level by now (travel around 600km). So still monitoring. If after one month and still no need to top up 1L of engine oil, I will post some pictures of my engine (before and after the top overhaul).

canuck78;905169 said:

Hi, can PM me the workshop address and Francis contact too? Thanks in advance :)

wrx2.0;904879 said:
Awesome service by Francis and team. Hardly can come across such wonderful service in SG workshop! Worth every penny..!!

Just went francis place to do my major servicing, overall quite a good experience, he even washed all the covers etc which not many workshops do

Yesterday went to repair my oil leak from engine and change gasket . Thumbs up for Francis and his team . He will spend time explaining about your car and things need to replace

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sv388zip

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back