E90 LCI 318/320 ecu tuning

Re: E90 LCI 318/320 ecu tuning

wt_know;592588 said:
pbear, your ride is < 1 year old and it performs at it's best.
no worries. vroom vroom. :D

Lol thanks bro! It's one damn sweet ride lah. :D

Think can't tahan the poison Liao. Arrange for an appointment next week. By the way, after all these damn good and nice to hear stories, anybody can shed light on disadvantages for Eco reflash? I mean any side effects on other parts? Frank opinion pls.

snowmanyee;592766 said:
Think can't tahan the poison Liao. Arrange for an appointment next week. By the way, after all these damn good and nice to hear stories, anybody can shed light on disadvantages for Eco reflash? I mean any side effects on other parts? Frank opinion pls.

side effect will be like the urge to upgrade to BBK as stock Break too soft...................( car now needs better stopping power )

cheers

ac323;592784 said:
side effect will be like the urge to upgrade to BBK as stock Break too soft...................( car now needs better stopping power )

cheers

As well as upgrade coilovers, sway bars, intakes, exhaust.... all to maximize the JOY of the new found power. :D

Bros ac323 & pbear1973, both of you damn evil! :)

just read somewhere that we should reflash only when all the moddings are done else would be a waste of $$. Is it true?? I got this impression that the car will not be as efficient with the new settings and parameters if we 'add ons' along the way, especially after reading this forum....

snowmanyee;592805 said:
Bros ac323 & pbear1973, both of you damn evil! :)

just read somewhere that we should reflash only when all the moddings are done else would be a waste of $$. Is it true?? I got this impression that the car will not be as efficient with the new settings and parameters if we 'add ons' along the way, especially after reading this forum....

Hi snowmanyee,

of course it will be better to add all the mods before going for a tune but what other mods you adding??? Gruppe M? Full system Exhaust system?

* power is nothing without control.....................................
cheers

pbear1973;592798 said:
As well as upgrade coilovers, sway bars, intakes, exhaust.... all to maximize the JOY of the new found power. :D

Yeah, Sheer Driving Pleasure............

cheers

the disadvantages include your right foot become heavier (shiok) and cannot tahan speed limit :lol:
very frank opinion

snowmanyee;592766 said:

Last edited by a moderator:

ac323;592847 said:
Hi snowmanyee,

of course it will be better to add all the mods before going for a tune but what other mods you adding??? Gruppe M? Full system Exhaust system?

* power is nothing without control.....................................
cheers

How about lowering, coilovers, spark plugs, upgrade of rims? Exhaust not sure yet. Will such upgrades affect the performance after reflash? Now my car very stock other than rims and lights.

snowmanyee;592856 said:
How about lowering, coilovers, spark plugs, upgrade of rims? Exhaust not sure yet. Will such upgrades affect the performance after reflash? Now my car very stock other than rims and lights.

Hi snowmanyee,

coilover should not affect the ECU tuning at all and so is the spark plugs........................
maybe just enjoy the ride after tuning first and see if you wanna touch the exhaust.............( good exhaust also quite ex ), do Coilover-Over better so can do better cornering.................

cheers

snowmanyee;592856 said:

I went through CTE tunnel just now with the windows down.. the roar from my exos and intakes... piang.. damn loud... but also damn shiiiiiiioook!! :yummie:

Bro snowman.. mod is the way to go! MTL!

gruppem intake + e-sport exhaust + 4k rpm + tunnel + windows down = shiok huh :D

pbear1973;592883 said:
I went through CTE tunnel just now with the windows down.. the roar from my exos and intakes... piang.. damn loud... but also damn shiiiiiiioook!! :yummie:

Bro snowman.. mod is the way to go! MTL!

Hi Pbear,

steady, next car go topless ya..................sure to be even louder!!!

cheers

ac323;592890 said:
Hi Pbear,

steady, next car go topless ya..................sure to be even louder!!!

cheers

Of course! Always wanted a Z4. :D

pbear1973;592899 said:
Of course! Always wanted a Z4. :D

alright..................................2nd car ya

cheers

ac323;592901 said:
alright..................................2nd car ya

cheers

Haha no point lor coz wifey doesn't drive.. :p That's gotta be my next car.

Meanwhile.. hmm.. who owns a Z4? Hmmmmm.... *ponders*. :D

pbear1973;592983 said:
Haha no point lor coz wifey doesn't drive.. :p That's gotta be my next car.

Meanwhile.. hmm.. who owns a Z4? Hmmmmm.... *ponders*. :D

Hi Pbear,

looks like it is time to sent the Wifey for Class 3 lesson ya............

cheers

Just sent my E90 LCI 318i for a reflash. Only +21bhp gain for my ride but very happy with the end result. Nic and Alan said my car is now more powerful than 320i and a keeper. Don't know what they meant but enjoying my ride due to the smoothness of both gearbox and engine and my car feels very light now. Response is also quicker and FC seems to have improved for me too. The only flipside at the moment is I tend to use my brakes more often now. =)

138.2bhp/180.5Nm >>> 158.9bhp/209.4Nm

snowmanyee;593553 said:
Just sent my E90 LCI 318i for a reflash. Only +21bhp gain for my ride but very hapy with the end result. Nic and Alan said my car is now more powerful than 320i and a keeper. Don't know what they meant but enjoying my ride due to the smoothness of both gearbox and engine and my car feels very lights now. Response is also quicker and FC seems to have improved for me too. The only flipside at the moment s I seem to use my brakes more often now. =)

Wow.. the reason it's "only" 21 bhp is because your stock car was in excellent condition to begin with. Many stock 318s make only 110-120 bhp before tuning.

Congrats bro!! Enjoy your ride ya? Now you must upgrade brakes.

318 bros MTL !!! can smoke 320 ... snowy says one ... joking ya :lol:
congrats on your new found power .... vroom vroom

snowmanyee;593553 said:
Just sent my E90 LCI 318i for a reflash. Only +21bhp gain for my ride but very happy with the end result. Nic and Alan said my car is now more powerful than 320i and a keeper. Don't know what they meant but enjoying my ride due to the smoothness of both gearbox and engine and my car feels very light now. Response is also quicker and FC seems to have improved for me too. The only flipside at the moment is I tend to use my brakes more often now. =)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zomclub1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups