ECU remapping...

Re: ECU remapping...

Snowdog,

I have a 320i E90. Is it possible to do it? What is the expected gain and cost?

thanks in advance

I have been waiting for ECU remap for sometime now. my ride is a FL 2005 E65 and so far, hiop dont support it.

I checked superchip.co.uk and they have something for my ride. does anyone have any experience with superchip and any post-remap problem? who is the dealer here? i called the racetech number but no one picked up.

pls help.

hi snowdog
can PM me the cost for e60 520i ecu remapping??
also..will it void de PML warranty??

Thanx

Hi Snowdog

I also like to know your charges for this remapping..
and I have other questions as well. Can you please PM me?

a. Whats the difference betw this ECU remapping and a Sprint Booster?

b. Can both Sprint Booster and ECU remapping go together?
for example, do I need to get the Sprint Booster BEFORE I do a ECU remap?

c. Do u charge again to remap?

Many thanks Snowdog

michaelp;400842 said:
Hi Snowdog

Many thanks Snowdog

Err... what car are u driving?

:)

Hi SnowDog

I am reposting my earlier questions. Your advise please..

Thanks and merry xmas

Not Snowdog but can help answer some of your questions...he might be too busy at the workshop with the pile up of cars. LOL

michaelp;400842 said:
Hi Snowdog

Wait for his reply :) It's a very good price.

Sprintbooster is a gadget installed at the throttle pedal to trick the ECU into thinking the pedal is being depressed harder than what it is in reality. Meaning for instance, a 5 degree depression will be read by the ECU as 15 degrees, hence tricking the ecu into opening the throttle body far more than usual hence more combustion = faster acceleration. This mod is for responsiveness, but DOES not increase HP. Please NOTE, you will not get an HP gains with this. Still a good mod, good bang for your buck. There's another brand of Sprintbooster which allows you to manually adjust the sensitivity of the throttle. That might suit you better.

The sprintbooster will not affect your ECU remapping at all. So you can do it before, or after or even at the same time and it makes zero difference. However, if you are getting your ecu tuned and maped on the fly, meaning on the road tuning, its preferable to have the sprintbooster installed at the same time so your tuner can map your ecu according to your driving and shift patterns. In fact, it's better that you install the sprintbooster, get used to it then get your ride tuned on the fly.

Wait for his reply :) He's a nice guy.

Many thanks Snowdog

ACS6;401351 said:
Not Snowdog but can help answer some of your questions...he might be too busy at the workshop with the pile up of cars. LOL

Wow.......... bro... your reply veri technical ley..... veri pro indeed.... :laughlik: :laughlik: +1

Bro AC S6

Wow ! I totally agree with Bro Milk15.. Your reply damn solid la... It made me understand even more on what you said.

Many many many thanks ! Ok After reading this I am damn ON to do it already.

Since Snowdog is busy and I am also on away from S'pore on a long away trip, I will do this when I come back in 3 weeks time and will find out how to contact Snowdog and get this done.

ACS6;401351 said:

Hi Bro AC S6,

While on this same topic, I wanted to ask you and any bros/sis out there reading if they know of how to reset the e60 520i drive mapping. Ok before I lose everyone on what I am talking about...

AND oh... I wanna apologise to all upfront, because I wanted to post this as a new thread, but for some reason I dont have "privileges" to start a new thread. I am a newbie to this forum. So this question and post ends up here.

I read somewhere (and now I regret cos I was stupid not to bookmarked it) that when you get your BMW brand new, the car is intelligent enough to learn and adapt to your driving style (hard stomper-pedal to the metal , or the soft touch cruiser ) depending on how heavy your foot is on the gas pedal. Once it learned that - the car engine adjusts to your driving from then onwards.

I recalled that when I first took delivery of my 520i a little less than 3 yrs ago, the car felt responsive when I drove it off PML. Over the years, it seem to have lost that responsiveness despite that I periodically flush with fuel injector cleaners when I fill up petrol.

I read that you can actually "RESET" the car to relearn your driving habits again and once you've done that, you will get back that 'new car responsiveness' again. And you can enjoy this as long as you do a reset every yr or so...

It was supposedly a simple step like : (AND I WANNA ALERT fellow readers this is from my vague memory, so please please dont try this, I am just asking if any one out there knows)

a. You turn ignition key to ON (but not start the engine)
b. Step gas pedal fully for a few seconds (Do this 4 times)

Any ideas any one? Really appreciate the feedback..

Thanks...

chuanwei;122559 said:
hi snowdog
can PM me the cost for e60 520i ecu remapping??
also..will it void de PML warranty??

Thanx

Since you ask about the warranty issue, I suppose u r driving the 2008 E60 520i?

ACS6;401351 said:

Many thanks, Bro. Great help there. :)
Was busy thinking about your car... :lol2:

michaelp;401360 said:
Bro AC S6

Wow ! I totally agree with Bro Milk15.. Your reply damn solid la... It made me understand even more on what you said.

Many many many thanks ! Ok After reading this I am damn ON to do it already.

Since Snowdog is busy and I am also on away from S'pore on a long away trip, I will do this when I come back in 3 weeks time and will find out how to contact Snowdog and get this done.

I am only a phone call away, bro. 96852969 :) Just let me know when you wanna to do it and i will make some arrangements.

Bros, I'm no pro...I learn along the way. Was a Newbee Recruit before, now Newbee Private First Class. All that I know about bimmer tech, I owe to the other old birds here on BMW SG...and of course my constant bugging of Snowdog for more info on this and that. So kudos to him too.

For resetting the ECU, some guys in the States have luck with disconnecting the battery for 30mins and then reconnecting.

Some even tried disconnecting the positive and negative from battery and cross these two wires, (with a screwdriver, or another wire) as long as the pos and neg are attached. Then open the ignition swith for 10-20 mins, re-connect the battery and the ecu is reset to default...Not sure how this will turn out. Wear rubber gloves and boots to be sure and have someone stand beside you ready to dial 995.

There's of course the PS3 or XBOX360 method where you hold a few buttons, crank it up and shut it down and Viola! All back to what it originally was. But that one I've got no idea how to do. But also heard from some mechs at PML that there a several codes that are unlockable even after you perform the reset ritual...thats how they figure out that you've screwed around with your Bimmer. Truth? Or Myth?

ACS6;401432 said:
Some even tried disconnecting the positive and negative from battery and cross these two wires, (with a screwdriver, or another wire) as long as the pos and neg are attached. Then open the ignition swith for 10-20 mins, re-connect the battery and the ecu is reset to default...Not sure how this will turn out. Wear rubber gloves and boots to be sure and have someone stand beside you ready to dial 995.

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

michaelp;401365 said:
I read that you can actually "RESET" the car to relearn your driving habits again and once you've done that, you will get back that 'new car responsiveness' again. And you can enjoy this as long as you do a reset every yr or so...

It was supposedly a simple step like : (AND I WANNA ALERT fellow readers this is from my vague memory, so please please dont try this, I am just asking if any one out there knows)

a. You turn ignition key to ON (but not start the engine)
b. Step gas pedal fully for a few seconds (Do this 4 times)

Any ideas any one? Really appreciate the feedback..

Thanks...

Hi Michaelp,

I believe it goes like this...

1) Turn your ignition key to ON
2) Count 1...to 10
3) Turn it to OFF
4) Count 1...to 10
5) Turn it to ON & Startup the Engine.

Should technically reset the driver adaptation.

Oh Seetoh.

Isaac here.
We were rushing to get the M3 ARBs in earlier.
As Chris headed down to SG a couple of times.

We're all mad busy at work now. Chris is travelling all over the shop.
So please hang on to the M3 ARBs.

We'll come by to install them someday soon.

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgripe
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back