• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Eyeing On Tis Car 318is Coupe

Re: Eyeing On Tis Car 318is Coupe

Quite some critique on the M42 plant...give my version. The 16V unit is a highly dependable workhorse that provides power on the tap. With careful mtce, the engine can be a real gem. Mines going very strong at 290k, no oil consumption. Compared to the M40 8v unit, the 16v has forged internals...fully counterweighted forged crankshaft and con rod, plus oil jets shooting at the piston skirts for lubrication and cooling!! All these for effortless 200kmh on the highway...as with all high performance engines; you need to watch out for negligence and abuse. Run the radiator dry and you lose the cyl head for certain. Check for oil leaks at the gaskets, sure signs of blow-by that the engine is tired. Listen for any rattling, chain and tensioner may be going or may be a lazy tappet....good luck and have fun!

russo;199442 said:
Whats the mileage on the car? Most of the IS engines are very unstable during idle. Partly due to the fact of its high cams. Which is very normal. Bear in mind that the 4th cylinder will always give trouble coz its the hottest at the back. Thats where the coolent will leak out. Not to mention the A/C, wheel bearings, fuel pumps, beltings, brakes, roof lining, power steering hoses... Damn come to think of it,you better get an experienced technician to check it out before you buy that. This model has the higest wear and tear rate.

two simple lines and there were some much attention and provocation. :nehnehhh:

i know there are a lot of bros here with lots of passion in their rides, old or new. good for this forum :)

relax lah, it's a free internet world, i deliver message in a different way, my way. so long there is some truth and is applicable to some (esp borderline first timers), it is worth thinking about it.

yes i nobrainer, else i won't call myself that for nothing. those who laugh full of brains :lol2:

No signature or response is required as this is a nobrainer post. else you are in the same league as me.:lol2:

less road rage :)

nobrainer32007;200466 said:
my advice : don't touch old bmw no matter what the owner/dealer says. if it's direct owner's sale, worst. no value, just a perceived one as peop;le hanker over the useless badge :evil:

its ok lah...welcome to the forum.
without your 2 lines, u would not have incited or should i say relighted the fire in our bros. alot of us are siao abt our rides....hehe
anyway, its a free forum. each of us have different views, just like some ppl see half a glass of water as 1/2 empty, while others see it as 1/2 full.
there's no hate here...only pure love n passion for our beemers....beem me up scotty!!!! hahaha

Dear Threadstarter,

Old BMW or Old Nissan or Old Honda or old anything.....good or not simply depends on how the car has been taken care of over the years.

The E36 IS coupe is a really good entry level BMW with a twist of sportiness.
I can vouch for mine. 1995 model bot in 2003 with only 2 yrs left to go.
Paid full cash $52k for it. Runs like a dream and looks pretty fabulous inside out.
Exported it through a dealer and got back $41k++ after 1.5 years of driving.
Learned a lot about BMW and met many nice people and otherwise since then.

Sometimes buying cars is like meeting the girl of your dreams.
and not everyone's dreamgirl needs to be able to wash and cook and look after the house.
In fact most people's dreamgirl only have to have to look good. heh heh.

Finally, hankering over a badge is Singaporeans fave pastime. Let me be the first to admit. Nothing to be ashamed about anyway. Just that diff people hanker over diff "badges" at different stages of life.

heres a pic of mine

Only one in Singapore I think....Color is Sienna Red.
Looks dark red under moonlight and sunburst orange under strong sunlight

:evil: :) :lol2: :( :angry:

bravo for your frankness and your take on real life.

I hankered after the batch, no real passion like some bros here and lost big time. sharing a lesson in life.

still hankering but constantly reminding myself to go instead for the simple pleasures in life.

kia, bmw, toyota, does it matter? maybe yes and maybe not.

cheers

Throttle;200939 said:
Dear Threadstarter,

Old BMW or Old Nissan or Old Honda or old anything.....good or not simply depends on how the car has been taken care of over the years.

The E36 IS coupe is a really good entry level BMW with a twist of sportiness.
I can vouch for mine. 1995 model bot in 2003 with only 2 yrs left to go.
Paid full cash $52k for it. Runs like a dream and looks pretty fabulous inside out.
Exported it through a dealer and got back $41k++ after 1.5 years of driving.
Learned a lot about BMW and met many nice people and otherwise since then.

Sometimes buying cars is like meeting the girl of your dreams.
and not everyone's dreamgirl needs to be able to wash and cook and look after the house.
In fact most people's dreamgirl only have to have to look good. heh heh.

Finally, hankering over a badge is Singaporeans fave pastime. Let me be the first to admit. Nothing to be ashamed about anyway. Just that diff people hanker over diff "badges" at different stages of life.

hi throttle, nice ride u have!
Mine same color as u la, just tat my 1.3megapix camera take liao become
maroon haha... E36 iScoupe is one of the best classic to have,
Just gun from stationary w my friend RX8 auto, I am able to catch up with him
@6000rpm from 1st to 3rd gear haha so old car not necessary no power!

check out my 15yrs old, milleage 362,000 iScoupe!
quite ok to own it right haha..

Hello.

Stay the H... away from Manhattan Motors. Biggest crux in town. I had h.... with one car I got from them.

iScoupe;200954 said:
hi throttle, nice ride u have!
Mine same color as u la, just tat my 1.3megapix camera take liao become
maroon haha... E36 iScoupe is one of the best classic to have,

Yours too , very well taken care of.
Gulp! you mean yours is also original sienna red? When under strong sunlight shines sunburst orange??!!! wah, if so then there are 2 in singapore, yours and what was mine.
How come I've never bump into you on the roads?

Later alligator

Hey Throt....

Were u driving a Volvo S40 previously?? Tot I saw you same nick in another forum...
So its back to Bimmer for you then... hahaha!! post you new ride photos too

Am driving a E36 coupe too, but too stocky when comparing it with you guys...
So no photos from me... but mine is Maroon but heck the log card says its brown!!
Hahaha :D

Throttle;201169 said:
Yours too , very well taken care of.
Gulp! you mean yours is also original sienna red? When under strong sunlight shines sunburst orange??!!! wah, if so then there are 2 in singapore, yours and what was mine.
How come I've never bump into you on the roads?

Later alligator
use to be like urs, just becos after a layer of mismatch paint work, just a little out.
yes ! under sun & dark totally different color.
I still have some photo under sun same as ur photo.

That's a nice car..... I too am contemplatin on gettin hold of it.....
I don't mind if the car has some run of the mill problems...Just hope that it doesn't have any severe problems......
Any idea how much it will cost to own this(Daily,Monthly,Yearly)?

Own one and you will know... cos everyone takes care of the car differently, much else driving it

Iscoupe, seems like everyone is drooling at your superb kept car, you may want to consider putting it up for sale again.... hahaha! :D

dpointt;201172 said:
Hey Throt....

Were u driving a Volvo S40 previously?? Tot I saw you same nick in another forum...
So its back to Bimmer for you then... hahaha!! post you new ride photos too

Am driving a E36 coupe too, but too stocky when comparing it with you guys...
So no photos from me... but mine is Maroon but heck the log card says its brown!!
Hahaha :D

Yes dude, I think there should be only one Throttle in the local forums, that's me. heh heh.
the Volvo s40 is a really nifty car to drive with a 170bhp 5 cyc engine and geartronic that rocks. Extremely reliable too but resale a bit koyak. I lost $55k in 2.75yrs.
Sad to see it go but my itchy backside means that every 2 years or so i change cars.
Now the 525i feels quite lumpy compared to it but I guess nifty is not what i want to be right now with a baby girl on board. Yeah back to BMW.....hahah.

Like the 318is coupe so much that I used it as my wedding car.

Hey Throt,

Care to share some photos of your NEW ride??
Unless u have already had them in the forum somewhere...

Saw your selling ads on the Volvo S40, still looked pristine!!

Cheers

Pics of the new ride not here.
Wait til I get the alu trims done up first.
Then I'll try to take some nice pics. probably in June.

this thread has got me all fired up about my old IScoupe.
Was a really fun drive, especially since it was manual.
we had E36 gatherings at East Coast. a few IS coupe with some 318i, 320i and 325i
My colleague drives an E36 325i Coupe bot new since 1997. He recently renewed COE. Stock condition...... faithful fella man......
I'm sure anyone who gets one is a fairly good condition will enjoy driving it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back