F10 - Jerky start (low gear)?

Re: F10 - Jerky start (low gear)?

Jus to share.. U may wan to try engaging to neutral when waiting at traffic light, then change bk to D when move off..
I experience the sudden jerk after releasing the foot brake n wanted to move off ONI in the morning at the first traffic light stop..Then after a few jerk, thinking why like tat.. I try engage to neutral gear n when move off then dun hav the jerk Liao..
Mine Nt F10, mine e60 though. So might be different issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

newuser79;706331 said:
Jus to share.. U may wan to try engaging to neutral when waiting at traffic light, then change bk to D when move off..
I experience the sudden jerk after releasing the foot brake n wanted to move off ONI in the morning at the first traffic light stop..Then after a few jerk, thinking why like tat.. I try engage to neutral gear n when move off then dun hav the jerk Liao..
Mine Nt F10, mine e60 though. So might be different issue.

Thanks, but why would that be necessary? The car should function fine whether it's set on D or N at the traffic light. I'm not keen to constantly change gears for short stops.

But I do appreciate your feedback anyway :)

Yes, there is some jerk when driving off - usually more pronounced when not committed to step more on the throttle - eg; movnig off slowly in a carpark...it seems like the gear is waiting to engage, but the non-committed right foot stabbing lightly (cos dun want to speed in a car park and or maybe going down-ramp, etc) will cause the jerkiness as the gear slams into the next ratio. This mostly wont occur, if its from traffic light and just step throttle with gusto to drag past the sonata cab ;)

Something else though - it seems I have brake squeel when stopping after start engine and drive off in the mornings and/ or after parked car for quite some time, eg; after work...etc.

Any comments on above issue?

Thanks!

Miah23;706399 said:
Yes, there is some jerk when driving off - usually more pronounced when not committed to step more on the throttle - eg; movnig off slowly in a carpark...it seems like the gear is waiting to engage, but the non-committed right foot stabbing lightly (cos dun want to speed in a car park and or maybe going down-ramp, etc) will cause the jerkiness as the gear slams into the next ratio. This mostly wont occur, if its from traffic light and just step throttle with gusto to drag past the sonata cab ;)

Something else though - it seems I have brake squeel when stopping after start engine and drive off in the mornings and/ or after parked car for quite some time, eg; after work...etc.

Any comments on above issue?

Thanks!

Thanks for the affirmation :)

I don't have any issue with the brakes. You mean squeaking? No sound from mine.

Yup..mine sounds like its sticky, but metallic squeel/ club club sound...but driving for awhile then no more already....only when after work start car, then it comes again...and same drive awhile more then gone...

Any bros got any diagnosis?

Thanks!

audi dun have such prob......

borrow from Toyota's CVVT technology. Audi is actually a Toyota

Mine also has jerks at low gears and it was so bad that my wife felt nauseas especially when traffic was slow. As mine is a P.I F10, I went to Soundwerks who did a software update for me and voila... all jerks are gone.

Those from PML should request for the software updates to resolve the jerks issue.

How come ur PI never do for u and u have to go Soundwerks? Or ur warranty is with Soundwerks?

My warranty is from the infamous TWM and BVO does not have the latest update yet. Coincidently, I went to Soundwerks to do the CIC retrofit and surprisingly they have all the latest updates. Now my car drives very smoothly.

Oh great. Thanks

It seems like your F10's are suffering from the driveshaft backlash issue.
This was confirmed by the BMW Technical Manager when my ride was brought out for a test-drive.
As far as I know, doing any software upgrade won't resolve this permanently (already had done the reprogramming/software upgrade twice)..

Already had my gearbox & driveshafts replaced, yet it's still happening.
Also, the driver may be 'indirectly blamed' for this issue based on his/her driving habits etc.
Oh, by the way, I'm driving a MINI, not F10.

jefflee;761918 said:
Mine also has jerks at low gears and it was so bad that my wife felt nauseas especially when traffic was slow. As mine is a P.I F10, I went to Soundwerks who did a software update for me and voila... all jerks are gone.

Those from PML should request for the software updates to resolve the jerks issue.

Bro, how much were you charged for this software update @ Soundwerks? Who to look for over there also? :helpp!:

jefflee;761939 said:
My warranty is from the infamous TWM and BVO does not have the latest update yet. Coincidently, I went to Soundwerks to do the CIC retrofit and surprisingly they have all the latest updates. Now my car drives very smoothly.

bro, my warranty is also from the infamous TWM. Now in the fix and doesn't know what to do if my ride has problem (touch wood). Can advise the price to update the softwares? Thank you.

Hi Melthedude & cymon, you can look for Kelvin from Soundwerks (90022555). He is kind enough not to charge me additional for the updates as it is all included in the cost of the CIC retrofit.

i think it's not a software upgrade but just an adaptation reset.

alot of people use the term "software upgrade" incorrectly. software upgrade means your transmission module gets a brand new firmware... this is not easily accessible.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawer13login

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back