F10 Launch

Re: F10 Launch

Franc8;544715 said:
lousy launch compared to what they have in Malaysia
s'pore launch seems to be targetting the mass audience as suppose to exclusitivity. did m'sia get such large turn outs?

Slater;544742 said:
those r not ///M5 rims. probably a new design.

oh, i see.
could not find the rim in the F10 catalogue and have some fade idea that the M5 was wearing something like that so was thinking that its the M5 rim
how to get to the thread regarding F10 M5 which you started

Jason8822;544744 said:
oh, i see.
could not find the rim in the F10 catalogue and have some fade idea that the M5 was wearing something like that so was thinking that its the M5 rim
how to get to the thread regarding F10 M5 which you started
quite frankly i do not think the rims r nice. but thats just me.

here is the link bro.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-singapore-motoring-life/39149-bmw-m5-f10.html

with M5 rims i think u will have a hard time cleaning. hehe. the replicas r sold at south east tyres. saw them a month back.

ya, individual taste, otherwise how to support the after market rim industry with sooooo many diff design

thanks for the link

BTW I ordered my 312 Ferric Grey 20inch rims with 20% discount today from the newly opened Kampong Arang center :cloud9:

neilpryde;544797 said:
BTW I ordered my 312 Ferric Grey 20inch rims with 20% discount today from the newly opened Kampong Arang center :cloud9:

neil, you collected your car yet?

Don't PML give the 30% discount Parts and Accessories voucher anymore? I got it when collecting the car few months back.

DarkPlatiniumGrey;544806 said:
neil, you collected your car yet?

Don't PML give the 30% discount Parts and Accessories voucher anymore? I got it when collecting the car few months back.
some SE's give them automatically, while some u have to request from. either which its not an issue for them to give.

There's finger food, pop-corn, balloons and free valet parking at PML this weekend. I prefer to park the car myself though. SE says F10 is available for test-drive but strangely I did not see any cars being test-driven while I was there. Showroom has a good crowd. A lot of people are browsing the F10s. The entire ground floor is dedicated to the F10, I think about 8 of them at Alexandra.

With such OMV, PML is laughing to the bank

I am seriously having thought of self-importing 1 unit from UK, have friends who are in the car trade there. At $40K OMV x 2.28 = $92K cost of car. But gonna be a bit hassle, but if I can save $, do not mind going through the shit. Was at PML today and found that from Nov 2009 onwards, all Self-import/PI Bimmers have to pay PML a $10K non-refundable registration fee in order for car to be serviced/maintained by them.

In the past, some PI actually under-declared OMV at custom, with PML being the AD declaring such OMV, really makes job of self-importing easier

BMW
523i (523I 2.5 AT ABS D/AB 2WD 4DR GAS/D) OMV = $40,581
523i Highline (523I 2.5 AT ABS D/AB 2WD 4DR GAS/D NAV) OMV = $45,032
535i Twin Turbo (535I 3.0L AT D/AB 2WD 4DR GAS/D SR HUD) OMV = $65,850

Last edited by a moderator:

OMV for the 535i is almost the same as OMV for 1 year old 335i but the F10 cost a great deal more than an E90 1 year ago. Although COE is higher now, when car is scrapped after 9+ years, COE rebate is almost zero while PARF rebate is 50% of OMV. So in the long term, OMV is more important in deciding the car's resale value.

ktnpl;544867 said:
OMV for the 535i is almost the same as OMV for 1 year old 335i but the F10 cost a great deal more than an E90 1 year ago. Although COE is higher now, when car is scrapped after 9+ years, COE rebate is almost zero while PARF rebate is 50% of OMV. So in the long term, OMV is more important in deciding the car's resale value.

Does that mean that 1 to 2 years down the road, the E90 and E60 will have higher resale value than the F10?

Merlin_sg;544935 said:
Does that mean that 1 to 2 years down the road, the E90 and E60 will have higher resale value than the F10?

for 5'ers, I will imagine a may 2010 f10 commanding a 5-10k premium over a march 2010 e60...

Merlin_sg;544935 said:

F10 should trump in the short to mid term. My guess is after 8 or 9 years, the E90 or E60 with higher OMV will overtake the F10.

I will plan for F10 LCI model or replacement model for E90 in 4 or 5 years' time. Hopefully PML will have adaptive drive as standard option then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back