Anyway, some photos from Thur night:
IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

Re: F10 Launch

I now have a dilemma now. Whether to take the F10 or not.

Looking at it from an OMV point of view, the car I booked has an approx OMV of $45k. Based even on the old price of $203k, it is too high and now, at $230k, that is just ridiculous.

I think PML will lower the price once they clear the 500 units order because if you look at the E200, it is probably be at $200k or thereabouts. Traditionally, Mercs have had higher OMVs model for model.

To be frank, I wasn't very impressed with the car as a whole. The only bits that impressed me were the 8sp gearbox and the iDrive screen. Other than that, nothing much else. Oh, of course, the new car smell. I was also disappointed that the new car did not come with Integral Active Steering (though I understand that they probably did this because it is now standard on the F01/02 unlike the E65/66 - marketing point of view and also it wasn't available for the E65/66 then).

So what do you guys think? Should I take delivery or not?

saw a few being test-driven along bukit timah today.

looks better in the flesh than on print - looks more purposeful and muscular than the e60. also like the separated twin-pipes on the 535 - just like the 335.

TheNew7;544964 said:

Looking at it from an OMV point of view, the car I booked has an approx OMV of $45k. Based even on the old price of $203k, it is too high and now, at $230k, that is just ridiculous.

Even at 203k, their margin is over 70k based on OMV of 45k and COE of 34.6k.

I recommend that you wait until adaptive drive becomes a standard option.

ktnpl;545000 said:
Even at 203k, their margin is over 70k based on OMV of 45k and COE of 34.6k.

I recommend that you wait until adaptive drive becomes a standard option.

Fantastic margins....no wonder most Marques are looking at setting up shop locally.

TheNew7;544964 said:

I think PML will lower the price once they clear the 500 units order because if you look at the E200, it is probably be at $200k or thereabouts. Traditionally, Mercs have had higher OMVs model for model.

To be frank, I wasn't very impressed with the car as a whole. The only bits that impressed me were the 8sp gearbox and the iDrive screen. Other than that, nothing much else. Oh, of course, the new car smell. I was also disappointed that the new car did not come with Integral Active Steering (though I understand that they probably did this because it is now standard on the F01/02 unlike the E65/66 - marketing point of view and also it wasn't available for the E65/66 then).

wait awhile better...........unless you really want it..........
go with your heart.....

cheers

guys,
go the PI route la, order your car with integral active steering and adaptive drive.
Lots of saving and you get what's necessary to make this car complete

Early adopters will always take the hit. Before long, the standard spec will be beefed up - perhaps with either variable damper control or integral active steering or both as standard at some stage (plus whatever else that was in the last few batches of the E60, such as soft close, roller blinds, etc.)

Also, while the list price will likely remain at their current levels, the overtrade amount will increase somewhere along the road, perhaps as early as late this year/early next year, depending on which direction the economy goes.

At the initial introductory price, the hit will be less than those who bought after the first or second round of price increases. If you need/want the car now and are prepared to take the hit, why not?

There is always a price to be paid to be seen with the latest model. When the Jaguar XF was first launched, it was priced at $200+k without COE (about $20k+/- then). Now, it can be had for about $188k+ with COE, depending on the prevailing promo.

Saw a black F10 on the road this morning. First impression is it looks too much like the E39; very mild-looking/ non aggressive stance and smooth lines. The E60 looks "fiercer" but too angular (too many angles) imo. I would have perferred the trailing edge of the headlights to curl upwards, much like the E60's.

bimmernic;545059 said:
Early adopters will always take the hit. Before long, the standard spec will be beefed up - perhaps with either variable damper control or integral active steering or both as standard at some stage (plus whatever else that was in the last few batches of the E60, such as soft close, roller blinds, etc.)

Also, while the list price will likely remain at their current levels, the overtrade amount will increase somewhere along the road, perhaps as early as late this year/early next year, depending on which direction the economy goes.

At the initial introductory price, the hit will be less than those who bought after the first or second round of price increases. If you need/want the car now and are prepared to take the hit, why not?

There is always a price to be paid to be seen with the latest model. When the Jaguar XF was first launched, it was priced at $200+k without COE (about $20k+/- then). Now, it can be had for about $188k+ with COE, depending on the prevailing promo.
hi bimmernic :) a bit off topic but have you test driven the XF, and if so how is it compared to the f10? It's omv is about $55k.

ps or has anyone here test driven the Jaguar XF?

Last edited by a moderator:

bimmernic;545059 said:

+1. early batch of the 125i had no climate control and electric seats. these 2 options have since been included and the car is very complete right now. a better reflection of its price.

had collected my car...good overall esp the interior but disappointed with the sound system on the base model.

Franc8;545229 said:
had collected my car...good overall esp the interior but disappointed with the sound system on the base model.

Congrats..................

bring it down this Sunday ya..........................(month end meet up)

cheers

bm323;545152 said:
hi bimmernic :) a bit off topic but have you test driven the XF, and if so how is it compared to the f10? It's omv is about $55k.

ps or has anyone here test driven the Jaguar XF?

Tested the XF briefly last year but was waiting for the F10 to come out. Now that both are available, best thing would be for you to try both. Press reviews are just press reviews. I haven't tested the F10 yet so am unable to compare. XF OMV was/is higher and there is a 3-year maintenance package as well. But, no longer the new kid on the block.

bimmernic;545241 said:
Tested the XF briefly last year but was waiting for the F10 to come out. Now that both are available, best thing would be for you to try both. Press reviews are just press reviews. I haven't tested the F10 yet so am unable to compare. XF OMV was/is higher and there is a 3-year maintenance package as well. But, no longer the new kid on the block.

I've confirmed my f10, so no change :) I didn't test drive the XF. Your impressions?

bm323;545251 said:
i've confirmed my f10, so no change :) i didn't test drive the xf. Your impressions?

Sent you a PM to avoid being too OT.

Last edited by a moderator:

bm323;545251 said:
I've confirmed my f10, so no change :) I didn't test drive the XF. Your impressions?

Did have the XF in mind too ... but did not test drive. Think I shall ..... er ..... one year later. Confirmed my F10 booking too.

Anyway here is a link to a complete review of the 3.0V6 XF.
Jaguar XF 3.0 V6 Test Drive Review

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fc777comph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back