F10 @ ppml

Re: F10 @ ppml

Centurion9990;647923 said:
wa lau... i paid 20k more than the price now liao... that 20k can give my f10 a big dress up!!! :verysad: very heartpain

bro centurion, dun think you overpaid by that big a margin. call pml sales line and talk to any executive there - they are not giving that high a overtrade. so dun feel so heartpain lah

anyways, since u have purchased yr ride, just enjoy it...buying cars is a sure lose money proposition.

yah...

actually, if we lose just depn on straight line basis.... that's already very good outcome.

murphys33;647932 said:
bro centurion, dun think you overpaid by that big a margin. call pml sales line and talk to any executive there - they are not giving that high a overtrade. so dun feel so heartpain lah

anyways, since u have purchased yr ride, just enjoy it...buying cars is a sure lose money proposition.

Fully agreed. Unlike buying property.. keke.. Looking at the low OMV.. its already a pain off :(

murphys33;647932 said:

Ya la... Drive out of PML when collecteing already lost big time... hahaha... fully agree with your car buying philosophy...

cisconet1234;647937 said:
Fully agreed. Unlike buying property.. keke.. Looking at the low OMV.. its already a pain off :(

Bo pian ler... love the car... OMV $1 also will have to buy... actually walked over C&C and see E class, OMV almost 60k... but see the shape, etc cannot make it... Lan lan walked back PML and paid for F10... I am such a slut... hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

Centurion9990;647940 said:
Ya la... Drive out of PML when collecteing already lost big time... hahaha... fully agree with your car buying philosophy...

Bo pian ler... love the car... OMV $1 also will have to buy... actually walked over C&C and see E class, OMV almost 60k... but see the shape, etc cannot make it... Lan lan walked back PML and paid for F10... I am such a slut... hahaha

hahaha - u are not alone... i wanted to like the E250 and that stems from the fact that it offers better value, omv, and $ wise.
But I reckon that bmw may replace the f10 with the new N20 engine - I do not think that the 4 cyclinder turbo boost offers a drive better than the famous inline 6 and decided to get it before it gets swapped. I also chose the production with park assist over the batch with the sports transmission as this would be more useful for my wife.. that said, the 523 drives better than the E250. YMMV

murphys33;647945 said:
hahaha - u are not alone... i wanted to like the E250 and that stems from the fact that it offers better value, omv, and $ wise.
But I reckon that bmw may replace the f10 with the new N20 engine - I do not think that the 4 cyclinder turbo boost offers a drive better than the famous inline 6 and decided to get it before it gets swapped. I also chose the production with park assist over the batch with the sports transmission as this would be more useful for my wife.. that said, the 523 drives better than the E250. YMMV

Fully supported of your review on E250. Drove it for a whole day, I volunteered to be the driver for my friend's wedding car. Turbo Charged 1.8L, 204bhp, 310Nm Torque. OMG the drive is so jerky, and from the cabin I could heard the engine noise. F10 is so much better. Hopefully N20 4 potter engine is not as disappointing as the E250.

i have driven the 320 with a 4 potter and a 325 which comes with the inline 6 - somehow, i cannot imagine the new N20 to drive better than the classic 6 cylinder. Have some serious doubts despite the gains in torque, power etc... on paper.
Just like for some solar film, it boast of better specs but in a real test, they lose out to lesser spec film from the same manufacturer.

4pot turbo (N20) can target entry level model especially those on budget
6pot turbo (N55) can target mid-to-high model

hopefully N55 F10 535i price will come down with the introduction of N20
at least with turbo engine, it can be juiced up for more power "smoothly" like JB4 --> that will bring the game closer to 6pot

murphys33;647955 said:
i have driven the 320 with a 4 potter and a 325 which comes with the inline 6 - somehow, i cannot imagine the new N20 to drive better than the classic 6 cylinder. Have some serious doubts despite the gains in torque, power etc... on paper.
Just like for some solar film, it boast of better specs but in a real test, they lose out to lesser spec film from the same manufacturer.

wt_know;647964 said:
4pot turbo (N20) can target entry level model especially those on budget
6pot turbo (N55) can target mid-to-high model

hopefully N55 F10 535i price will come down with the introduction of N20
at least with turbo engine, it can be juiced up for more power "smoothly" like JB4 --> that will bring the game closer to 6pot
My worry is that it sound like a diesel during idling. Juz listen to Mini Cooper S.

Blackstream;647851 said:
Yes, booked a unit of 523 highline over the weekend at $246,800. The base model was going for $231,800. 535 was at $309,800. Very attractive OT which works out to be just above $210k for the 523. Its a Mar production model which comes with added features unavailable in earlier ones.

Blackstream;647877 said:
Quite a few as follows:

1. Sports steering with pedal shift
2. Dynamic driving control
3. 12GB hard disk
4. Reverse camera
5. Office software in navigation system professional

I jus rem 5yrs ago when I bought my E90, I was told one mth later the E90 will include new options like folding side mirrors etc but the price will cost 10k more... And this time the new base model F10 comes with so many additional options but price remain the same $231,800... Hmm... Maybe BMW AG feeling guilty for pricing OMW so low, so didnt adjust the prices... hahaha!

I really do like the bmw F10 as well. It really rides very well. Pity about the low OMV though. the additional one year warranty from ppml applies to the 1 year old cars ?

All ppsl bmw cars (unless otherwise stated) comes with +1 yr warranty

Azarael;647993 said:
I really do like the bmw F10 as well. It really rides very well. Pity about the low OMV though. the additional one year warranty from ppml applies to the 1 year old cars ?

Now better.... 45K thereabt... vs 36-38K one year back for STD 523i

Centurion9990;647986 said:
I jus rem 5yrs ago when I bought my E90, I was told one mth later the E90 will include new options like folding side mirrors etc but the price will cost 10k more... And this time the new base model F10 comes with so many additional options but price remain the same $231,800... Hmm... Maybe BMW AG feeling guilty for pricing OMW so low, so didnt adjust the prices... hahaha!

you probably got a very good trade in price for your E90 already... so need not "pain".

audicious;647999 said:
you probably got a very good trade in price for your E90 already... so need not "pain".

Nah... not feeling pain... PML gave me a market rate for my E90... Checked with sgcarmart :)

thinking of booking a F10 and i wonder if u need tinting for the glass. the car is big though, i wonder if anybody has problems parking it.

Azarael;647993 said:

audicious;647996 said:
All ppsl bmw cars (unless otherwise stated) comes with +1 yr warranty

+1.
For cars< 1 yr old, however, it still remain as 3 yrs warranty (i was told when I checked last time). Maybe others can help to confirm.

Azarael;648005 said:
thinking of booking a F10 and i wonder if u need tinting for the glass. the car is big though, i wonder if anybody has problems parking it.

No problem with parking with tinted windows... Mine non-LTA compliance :goodup:just need to get used to it... If u find it dark, get a pair of oakley shades with polarized lens... thats my solution for night driving :) book book book!!! MTL!

audicious;647916 said:
murphys33;647908 said:
I think it should be based on paper + body... that's typically dealers take in for cars 4-5yrs.

2-3 yrs cars... maybe different calculation?

How much is body value? I traded in my 4.5 years e60 in sunday.

Trying to figure the overtrade i got for my 523 highline. I actually didnt realise i was getting the paddle shifters etc until i went check my specs sheet.

Well I don't know about the F10 deal, but here's my E90 deal:

Price of car: $203,800
Trade in of my 2006 Feb Hyundai Verna, incl overtrade: $57,000

Considering I bought the Verna only last year at $27,500 for the wife who just passed he license to drive, a linear depreciation of the Verna is around $3,900-4,000 per year.

We drove the Hyundai for about half a year, so let's say $27,500 - $2,000 depreciation, a fair market value is ~$25,500.

Take the trade in value $57,000 - $25,500 = $31,500 overtrade amount.

Sale price $203,800 - $31,500 = $172,300 final sale price.

So it's a pretty decent deal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxsportscc

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back