F10 @ ppml

Re: F10 @ ppml

wt_know;647964 said:
4pot turbo (N20) can target entry level model especially those on budget
6pot turbo (N55) can target mid-to-high model

hopefully N55 F10 535i price will come down with the introduction of N20
at least with turbo engine, it can be juiced up for more power "smoothly" like JB4 --> that will bring the game closer to 6pot

Folks like me would love to have the turbo N20 replace the current 320i NA 4 pot for sure.

At least it gives better economy AND power. Turbocharging AND direct injection. We don't even have DI on the LCI E90s. We're sad people.

Have you driven the new mini with the turbo 4 pot? It's actually quite lovely!

qus;648026 said:
audicious;647916 said:
How much is body value? I traded in my 4.5 years e60 in sunday.

Trying to figure the overtrade i got for my 523 highline. I actually didnt realise i was getting the paddle shifters etc until i went check my specs sheet.

How much is your trade in for E60? We can roughly calculate

Honestly speaking, this high overtrade has always been PML strategy on these years. Whether it's high overtrade, low payment first year, free coe.... it's all creative marketing.

That's why whenever I looked at the listed price of PML cars, I always minus about 30k(plus minus), that's about the amount they will let go of the car, and it has been quite accurate since I bought my first bimmer from them 10 years ago.

Trust me, they will never engage in a raw deal.

The only thing we can squeeze them is the freebies or the SE sales commission, that will depend on your rapport with the SE and how desperate they want to sell you the car.

Furthermore, with the low OMV of the F10, they have even a larger margin to play with.

Cheers!

flyboy;648033 said:
Honestly speaking, this high overtrade has always been PML strategy on these years. Whether it's high overtrade, low payment first year, free coe.... it's all creative marketing.

That's why whenever I looked at the listed price of PML cars, I always minus about 30k(plus minus), that's about the amount they will let go of the car, and it has been quite accurate since I bought my first bimmer from them 10 years ago.

Trust me, they will never engage in a raw deal.

The only thing we can squeeze them is the freebies or the SE sales commission, that will depend on your rapport with the SE and how desperate they want to sell you the car.

Furthermore, with the low OMV of the F10, they have even a larger margin to play with.

Cheers!

So this is even true when COE was $10K? Like 3 series for $120K, they could discount that to $90K? I don't that that has happened.

detach8;648036 said:
So this is even true when COE was $10K? Like 3 series for $120K, they could discount that to $90K? I don't that that has happened.

The list price for a base model of 320i then was $131,800. The actual selling price was about $105K taking into consideration discounts, overtrade and vouchers. And that's before any loan rebate. But the base model then has no i-drive, no sun-roof, absolutely bare, so I opted for a 335i instead with 28K discount. Even 335i then has no sun-roof and no M-Sport suspension. They only they gave those options in a later batch. With so many iterations and changes, it's really hard to compare apple to apple. I guess that's their strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:

murphys33;647955 said:
i have driven the 320 with a 4 potter and a 325 which comes with the inline 6 - somehow, i cannot imagine the new N20 to drive better than the classic 6 cylinder. Have some serious doubts despite the gains in torque, power etc... on paper.
Just like for some solar film, it boast of better specs but in a real test, they lose out to lesser spec film from the same manufacturer.

Same thought and feeling on 4 vs 6 potters.

ktnpl;648064 said:
The list price for a base model of 320i then was $131,800. The actual selling price was about $105K taking into consideration discounts, overtrade and vouchers. And that's before any loan rebate. But the base model then has no i-drive, no sun-roof, absolutely bare, so I opted for a 335i instead with 28K discount. Even 335i then has no sun-roof and no M-Sport suspension. They only they gave those options in a later batch. With so many iterations and changes, it's really hard to compare apple to apple. I guess that's their strategy.

Interesting... I never knew that cos I bought my old E90 of the used market. I got called up by PML for "private sale" because I told them I bought this used car and would like to enquire about servicing, so they had me in their computer database.

Looks like we can't look at PML/C&C prices at surface value.

Thanks for sharing!

i have been monitoring pml pricing since 2009. don't have to worry about overtrade, options, bla bla bla .... the rule of the game is the SAME ... rule no 1 is profit margin .... rule no 2 is refer to rule no 1

pml maintain a profit margin baseline for 318/320, 323/325, 335/coupe/convertible. even they give you $50k overtrade, the profit margin still the same. do you think you actually pick up a lelong sales and outsmart pml ? :lol:

ktnpl;648064 said:

wt_know;648076 said:
i have been monitoring pml pricing since 2009. don't have to worry about overtrade, options, bla bla bla .... the rule of the game is the SAME ... rule no 1 is profit margin .... rule no 2 is refer to rule no 1

pml maintain a profit margin baseline for 318/320, 323/325, 335/coupe/convertible. even they give you $50k overtrade, the profit margin still the same. do you think you actually pick up a lelong sales and outsmart pml ? :lol:

agree. but I think they have reduced their margins in the recent promotion. reduce pricing... and offer higher specs.

F10... lowest price was 188 nett.. but coe 25K. OMV 37K pre-launch I think.

profit margin was almost 70-80K !!!!

39K OMV + 39K PARF + 56K COE

One thing though, what is GST calculated against? The 203K list price, or the 170K final sale price?

detach8;648080 said:
39K OMV + 39K PARF + 56K COE

One thing though, what is GST calculated against? The 203K list price, or the 170K final sale price?

depends what is the sales price recorded on the invoice.

170K for 320i..... reasonable considering specs... current coe, omv.

I was offer 35K overtrade for the 535.. That makes the car about 274K..Is that good value? Didn't commit to it, as i find the car a bit too rough for my liking..But i thought it is decent value..

charlesv;648082 said:
I was offer 35K overtrade for the 535.. That makes the car about 274K..Is that good value? Didn't commit to it, as i find the car a bit too rough for my liking..But i thought it is decent value..

Very Good!

audicious;648081 said:
depends what is the sales price recorded on the invoice.

170K for 320i..... reasonable considering specs... current coe, omv.

Seems like 203K

So GST is 14K.. I'll go back and double confirm

39K + 39K +56K + 14K = 148K total basic cost

Profit is ~20K, after deducting registration fees, road tax, etc.

Pretty decent.

audicious;648083 said:
Very Good!

Perhaps i should call them tomorrow if they offer still on? As they did not manage to sell out all their 535 as of yesterday.. They only left a few units of 523i this morning..

fcy;648105 said:
sry guys..i need to understand..does overtrade goes into the new loan ?

Overtrade means PML will just minus off the amount from their selling price................eg: if the car is 300k and overtrade is 20k so now they will sell the car to you at 280k......

cheers

fcy;648105 said:
sry guys..i need to understand..does overtrade goes into the new loan ?

depends on how much u owe for yr old car. usually overtrade is to help people who took 10 yr full loan. let's say if you bought an E90 back in 2008 when the prices was $110K-ish, you would have had 2.8% interest per annum. A 10 year loan would be ~30K of interests. You'd still owe the bank a substantial amount (~$86K of settlement), maybe more than what the car is now worth.

charlesv;648085 said:
Perhaps i should call them tomorrow if they offer still on? As they did not manage to sell out all their 535 as of yesterday.. They only left a few units of 523i this morning..

if you like it.. change.

I think prices will be up again.... coe should be up this round...

vs Dec levels, prices are around 10-15k lower net net basis and with better specs and omv higher by 4-5K... I have been tracking their prices...waiting for any opportunity to change :chinese:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxsportscc

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back