F10 - Problems ??

Re: F10 - Problems ??

agree with you. The radio has interference

also i suspect that my water tank thing is also leaking, each time i had to top up 1.5 liters of water ! over a few days ! horrendous.

Been driving for a year now, recently washer fluid indicator flashes sometimes for top up. Strange, I never use the washer at all (except once to know what lever/button presses is for), cause I dislike the 'water stain' left thereafter so always I will manually clean them when the screen's dirty. Not sure if my this problem is a problem. I figure it's first time happened and needs top up will do. Will keep monitoring if it's normal.

More importantly, I wanna ask if any F10s encounter turning time you can hear faint clinking sounds (vivid sounds if open window) coming from rear wheels side? I have this especially when maneuvering round Multistorey Carpark. What is irritating about it is the sound appears randomly and last I went with PML engineer on a go around trip to detect this problem, it did not sound out and they declare no problem Argk!

I wonder if it gotta do with my habit of slight inflating my wheels. Usually I like pumping 265 to my rear wheels and 260 at my front wheels.
Any expert advice?

Have been noticing this intermittent problem in my F10 when the car is stationary on D, there is a slight knocking sound and every time the knocking sound would sound, there would be a slight vibration. Anybody has any idea as to what may be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

simonxda;667767 said:
Maybe you can start a thread about the radio batch problem and see how many bro stand up againt them. I paid 230K and I dun enjoy the ride at all when on the road.
Its just irritating when I turn on the radio. :furious:

I'm facing this radio interference problem too :mad: I listen to radio whenever I am driving and there are frequent distortions... I dun have such problem on my previous E90 at all for 5yrs... Anyone confront PML regarding about this???

How come 1st batch new model cars will always give problems? I remember when E60 1st came out in 2003, my fren collected his brand new 530 gleefully and in 2 mins after he drove out of PML at the junction, his car stalled and had to be towed back to PML

I dont know if this is a common problem. But i noticed the certain parts of the passenger seat rattling when it is empty.

***update i realised it is the passenger seatbelt. can be rectified by adjusting its position***

Last edited by a moderator:

I too had the same experienced with the rattling sound when the passenger seat is empty. After some monitoring, realised that the rattling was due to the seat belt buckle knocking the vertical frame next to the seat. Moved the buckle away from the frame and the rattling sound went away.

Hi bros,
Another source of the 'rattling/slapping' sound from the seats could be the 'tensioned' magazine holder found behind the 2 front seats...realised this as sometimes go thru very bumpy road and cn hear this 'flapping sound' from behind the seats...;)

Somthing I noticed on startups - the brakes always seems squeelly and metal grindy when just start the car (ie;in the morning, after work heading home, etc..) but after braking at a few stops..then it goes away.

any ideas?

Any bros here have problem when starting up your F10? After i push the start button, the car will vibrate for like 3 secs before starting up. This happens sometimes but seems to be more common during cold start. Sent my car to BVO for checks but they couldnt identify any problems.
Any advice is appreciated.

hi,
same prob faced while starting the car. car vibrate then steering wheel seem like locking. Before this, car dashboard appear RFT,DSC,Brake,Emisson light on. Send to Khang 4times to rectify but still not able to diagnose root cause. see my earlier posts for details. hv demand them to get it fixed by leaving the car there 7days deadline to solve else will proceed with case trust to settle. been a frustrating ride as car is only 2weeks old. :(

Hi,
Any bros, have a issue where - during each start of the car after parked for awhile and drive off, stepping on the brakes to a full stop will produce a fair bit if metal squeel and only after stopping a few more times driving awhile...then the brakes will just go back to normal 'sound' of just the braking thud...?

Kindly share experience pls.

Thanks!

allan123;692015 said:
hi,
same prob faced while starting the car. car vibrate then steering wheel seem like locking. Before this, car dashboard appear RFT,DSC,Brake,Emisson light on. Send to Khang 4times to rectify but still not able to diagnose root cause. see my earlier posts for details. hv demand them to get it fixed by leaving the car there 7days deadline to solve else will proceed with case trust to settle. been a frustrating ride as car is only 2weeks old. :(

Any update?

Best in not getting cars from PI,
They out source their warranty and they workshop
Only charge them less then 1k for 3 yrs warranty coverage..
I actually wanted to go for PI but changed my mind and get from PML instead..

Recently my rear view camera went berserk. :thinking: For no rhyme or reason the image displayed on the screen is inverted. Anyone experienced this?

So reputable branding but full of disappointment ... ?

Sometimes luck play a part in our decision making.

Buy Lemon sway sway or strawberry swee swee?

Feel for you bro.

bros, I also have the radio interference problem and my ride is a 528i 2 weeks old.

Any bros went to PML to get the radio fixed?

Your radio haven't run in....

But seriously, I felt a little of this too when I first got my F10 but funny enough, no longer there now.

my e90 lci w/ idrive also the same

might be the idrive unit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fc777comph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back