F30 Teething Problems

F30 Teething Problems

Kianliau I also have this sound but only when the car is slowing down almost to a standstill , i hear it more in the car park where it's quieter.

Re: F30 Teething Problems

jjg;876579 said:
Hi tortoise, is ur ride F30 320? I still have no idea where is this "Permanent On" button? Can take a pic to share share?

Nope, 335. I dun see why there shld be a diff in such tho, other than interior and the obvious engine setup, there shld not be much diff for such basic setups. Will take a pic if I can.

F30 Teething Problems

Guys i copied this post from a BMW forum for info on wind noises:

From what I've read online and based off 3 test drives (3 separate cars), this is more common than it should be. In my experience the noise was consistently on the drivers side and super annoying. It was such a big deal for me, that I walked away from a purchase until the dealership fixed the issue.

3 days later, I got a call that the trim around the front window needed to be replaced... I went in, test drove the car, couldn't hear the noise and bought it that day.

I'd bring it to your dealer - this seems like a common problem and BMW is sending out replacement parts fairly quick.

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=732437

Growler;877734 said:
Btw any F30 owners Kenna this? I just noticed this on my headlights today also

Fluid leaking on headlights. - BMW 3-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST

saw some oily dirt flowing down the left-side headlight last week, i can't really trace the source of the dirt, but when i pop open the bonnet, i can see a lump of greasy black dirt... before seeing that thread that you share, i tot some water went in and the grease kinda flow out.

F30 Teething Problems

Bro wonder how long this gravy will continue to flow out, hope won't be too long lor, skali stain the headlamp lens also man

The headlamps stain will stop after a month or two. My car is washed everyday with just water. No special attention required....
Anyone has this funny sound coming from the centre console that sounds like plastic expansion whenever the AC is turned on? Had it since day 1 and seems to be getting worse. Just waiting to do it during the 1st servicing at 12k.....
Thanks.

pocoyo;884832 said:
The headlamps stain will stop after a month or two. My car is washed everyday with just water. No special attention required....
Anyone has this funny sound coming from the centre console that sounds like plastic expansion whenever the AC is turned on? Had it since day 1 and seems to be getting worse. Just waiting to do it during the 1st servicing at 12k.....
Thanks.

THat's common, due to contraction... Some bros when installing the m perf panels used more foam tapes and no more sound liao..

pocoyo;884832 said:
Thanks.

U can get the foam insulation (soft ones, greyish in color, not the usual black type) for the centre console rattles. It wun eliminate the squeaks totally but it improves alot. Mine is almost non existent now except over uneven roads hahahahhaa

F30 Teething Problems

Bro should leather wrap all other panels
Macham higher end cars so no more squeaks and rattles from panels and trims that expand and contract : p

Growler;884981 said:
Bro should leather wrap all other panels
Macham higher end cars so no more squeaks and rattles from panels and trims that expand and contract : p

Get a Porsche! Almost no squeaks whahhahaa I wan a 911 Turbo S but still saving for it hahahhahaa

After reading the 320i having some many mechancial problems just wondering if is that unreliable? BMW should be better than VW dry clutch correct?

Last edited by a moderator:

FASTCARS;885579 said:
After reading the 320i having some many mechancial problems just wondering if is that unreliable? BMW should be better than VW dry clutch correct?

Now I wouldn't compare the F30 with the VW DSG as yet. The problems that have been highlighted thus far pales in comparison to what one gets from the VW/Audi DSG! I've been there......

Seraphblade;884924 said:
THat's common, due to contraction... Some bros when installing the m perf panels used more foam tapes and no more sound liao..

will try it some day or just wait for PML to do it for me....

Bro,

Leather wrap on the dash board...

done before ??

Saw Porsche dashboard... damn chio .... leather smell .... I like !!!! ;-P

Bro, My F30 320i does have:

Strange noise

Soft throbbing noise from behind the passenger side of the dashboard. Happens after 5 mins of the drive.

I can only hear it when i bring the car to a stall. Normally happens when i return home before shutting down the engine..
It's not loud but annoying.

bimmerman;844939 said:
Hi,

Thought a thread should be started on what new F30 owners face so that everyone can look out for them when collecting their ride.

Collected mine last Friday.

Blue-Tooth:

Blue-Tooth phone book sync with my iPhone 4S stopped at "E" and the rest are dashes. This one was easy to fix. Had to download the latest software from BMW site and upload the latest software. BT connection now more stable, able to import full phone list, but had to wait a while (too many contacts!). The screen colours on some menus also changed. Initially could not read USB audio file folders, now can.

Lighting

Driver-side leg well does not illuminate when cabin lights are on when opening the door. Will be sending in for check this week.

Strange noise

Soft throbbing noise from behind the passenger side of the dashboard. Happens after 5 mins of the drive. Anyone experience this?

Add to the list guys!

Hi all, i am new to BMW, just collected my new ride F30 328i. Needed some advice on the engine oil temperature, on city driving (speed abt 40-80kph) the temperature is between 70 and 120 line, but on expressway (speed abt 100-120) the temperature raises near to 120 and the engine speed is at 2000rpm. Is these normal? And by the way does you all experience overheating? Appreciate all advices thank you.

F30 Teething Problems

Normal... Constantly around 90-100. Will rise to slightly below 120 esp during hard driving.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88compink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back