F30 Teething Problems

Re: F30 Teething Problems

Nigel;869902 said:
Collected my F30 yesterday, drove it for about 10km and it is back in the PML now and I experienced the loaner policy i asked about in less than 3hrs of ownership.... can't believe the quality of cars these days... damn disappointed!

Basically, car stalled at one of the traffic stop and at any subsequent stop after that, the car shook violently on verge of stalling... was not even aware it stalled at the traffic light thinking it is the start/stop at work but car rolled back when i step on accelerator... then a msg appeared asking me to start engine! :furious: Totally didn't feel safe driving it at all!

SE came with a loaner at my office and wanted to drive out of carpark to meet him... guess what... the car started and lasted less than 5s before stalling for the many times i try starting it... :angry: Was told nothing showed up during PDI and SE doesn't know what is wrong as well although we suspect faulty fuel pump... my goodness... this is supposed to be a brand new car!! :screwedu:

Probably my 1st and last Sheer Driving "Pressure"... life is too short to have to deal with such nonsense...

If it happens on both cars..... I'm pretty sure that's just the automatic start stop function of the car......

Are you trolling us?

Holici;870568 said:
After reading all the complaints on the wind noise, I prayed hard on the day i collected the F30.... Haiz luck is not on my side... driver side wind noise starts coming in at ard 80km/h.
Chrome part on rear bumper is loose after just 1 car wash session...

I've heard of a fix for the wind noise... but not too keen to try it...

Some audio shops provide another layer of door seal which helps to aid noise insulation... For our case, that is to help provide a better seal so that the gap for the wind to create the noise will not be so great... In turn reducing wind noise...

If anyone bros wanna try out, please let us know the results!!

Holici;870568 said:
After reading all the complaints on the wind noise, I prayed hard on the day i collected the F30.... Haiz luck is not on my side... driver side wind noise starts coming in at ard 80km/h.
Chrome part on rear bumper is loose after just 1 car wash session...

Its a common issue to have wind noise bro, I'm kinda used to such already :verysad:

Seraphblade;870582 said:
I've heard of a fix for the wind noise... but not too keen to try it...

Some audio shops provide another layer of door seal which helps to aid noise insulation... For our case, that is to help provide a better seal so that the gap for the wind to create the noise will not be so great... In turn reducing wind noise...

If anyone bros wanna try out, please let us know the results!!

I have some of those tape but I haven try it kekekeke prob I stick a portion and try it out whahahhaa wait for my FR :lol::lol::lol:

Bro holici, log your problem with PML ok? Then we have a collective voice for this apparent issue which they will need to solve for us.

Growler;870606 said:
Bro holici, log your problem with PML ok? Then we have a collective voice for this apparent issue which they will need to solve for us.

Dunno how long Germany's gonna be quiet abt this as if u read F30post etc, NA has alot of complains on such as well! The usual wind noise and wipers :huhhuh::huhhuh:

Nigel;869902 said:
Collected my F30 yesterday, drove it for about 10km and it is back in the PML now and I experienced the loaner policy i asked about in less than 3hrs of ownership.... can't believe the quality of cars these days... damn disappointed!

Basically, car stalled at one of the traffic stop and at any subsequent stop after that, the car shook violently on verge of stalling... was not even aware it stalled at the traffic light thinking it is the start/stop at work but car rolled back when i step on accelerator... then a msg appeared asking me to start engine! :furious: Totally didn't feel safe driving it at all!

SE came with a loaner at my office and wanted to drive out of carpark to meet him... guess what... the car started and lasted less than 5s before stalling for the many times i try starting it... :angry: Was told nothing showed up during PDI and SE doesn't know what is wrong as well although we suspect faulty fuel pump... my goodness... this is supposed to be a brand new car!! :screwedu:

Probably my 1st and last Sheer Driving "Pressure"... life is too short to have to deal with such nonsense...

Got my car on 7 Aug, a major event happen to my car on 11 Aug. Did a search on bimmberpost and f30post, i can find at least 3 incidents as mine in North America (exact same error code show on my screen). All cases ended changing a big ticket item, my mileage is error code flash ---> the car travelled at 3km/hr negotiating the slope --> took me 10 mins for a 5 seconds
drive with impatient driver honking me from behind. They must be wondering WTF with this bimmer driver driving so slow up the slope. Try to park my car after clearing the slope, but the reverge gear cannot engage ....WTF...only one direction drive so decided to go home.

The drive home is also torturous, have to step hard on the pedal to overcome the inertia. Whole weekend was wrecked.
On Sunday, restart the engine --> error code gone and the lethargy drive back to normal. Monday go down PML and started to bang table. Got a X1 loaner, last check PML service verified they detected a sensor error but still prelimary and they will update me tomorrow.

First time buy BMW already kena TOTO jackpot !!! Last 2 Merc I had never even have to visit any CNC workshop NBCCB !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
F30 Teething Problems

Sorry to hear this bro : (

Something I learnt abt the F30 is as you've mentioned, stop car and shutdown engine and lock it, seems this process allows car to 'reset' itself. Happen to mine at least twice for 2 unrelated errors. Waited a while after locking car and errors were gone, everything back to normal. Cannot explain and even PML can tell me sometimes this works, ie the resetting. To me WTF ?.??

So like how bro tortoise ever say before, it's the F30 haunting.......hahaha! Enjoy yr X1 bro : ) many of us F30 bros had the pleasure of using that vehicle liao. Maybe we sign in the x1 every time we get the loaner 'xxxx was here ' so we 'll know he many times we had to be inconvenienced : )

F30 Teething Problems

ryeoh320;872617 said:
Got my car on 7 Aug, a major event happen to my car on 11 Aug. Did a search on bimmberpost and f30post, i can find at least 3 incidents as mine in North America (exact same error code show on my screen). All cases ended changing a big ticket item, my mileage is error code flash ---> the car travelled at 3km/hr negotiating the slope --> took me 10 mins for a 5 seconds
drive with impatient driver honking me from behind. They must be wondering WTF with this bimmer driver driving so slow up the slope. Try to park my car after clearing the slope, but the reverge gear cannot engage ....WTF...only one direction drive so decided to go home.

The drive home is also torturous, have to step hard on the pedal to overcome the inertia. Whole weekend was wrecked.
On Sunday, restart the engine --> error code gone and the lethargy drive back to normal. Monday go down PML and started to bang table. Got a X1 loaner, last check PML service verified they detected a sensor error but still prelimary and they will update me tomorrow.

First time buy BMW already kena TOTO jackpot !!! Last 2 Merc I had never even have to visit any CNC workshop NBCCB !!!

Sounds similar to what happened to my car on the same afternoon I collected. Mine ended up needing a replacement transmission.....

Growler;872656 said:
Sorry to hear this bro : (

Something I learnt abt the F30 is as you've mentioned, stop car and shutdown engine and lock it, seems this process allows car to 'reset' itself. Happen to mine at least twice for 2 unrelated errors. Waited a while after locking car and errors were gone, everything back to normal. Cannot explain and even PML can tell me sometimes this works, ie the resetting. To me WTF ?.??

So like how bro tortoise ever say before, it's the F30 haunting.......hahaha! Enjoy yr X1 bro : ) many of us F30 bros had the pleasure of using that vehicle liao. Maybe we sign in the x1 every time we get the loaner 'xxxx was here ' so we 'll know he many times we had to be inconvenienced : )

I rather tolerate the car if its just wind noise. Mechanical wise, pray nothing fails. Seriously I dread driving the X1 again hahahhahaaa (no offence to X1 bros) :silenced:

F30 Teething Problems

cannot believe bmw (africa?) quality control is that bad or really really suay got big lemon

340driver;872659 said:
Sounds similar to what happened to my car on the same afternoon I collected. Mine ended up needing a replacement transmission.....

needed a replacement TRANSMISSION!?!

Car showed the following error message... Restarted the car and it went away... hmmm...

Drivetrain Malfunction
Drive moderately
Maximum drivetrain output not available

But no jerks and whole transmission was as it was before =/

Hi Bros , does anyone has any solution to totally switch off the auto start stop when stationary ?

MoMo_BoY;874926 said:
Thanks bro . does anyone also experience foul smell like glue when you guys just took delivery ?

Its prob the 3M/3A car mat smell, get it washed with a nice shampoo, dry it and should be ok, if u wanna accelerate the process, use pandan leaves, put a big bunch in your car for 2 days and it shld be fine

F30 Teething Problems

Have a fag in the car with windows down also may solve the problem : ) but dun anyhow throw bud cos I Kenna fine $300 before hagaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fc777comph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back