Fuel consumption on E90 320i

Re: Fuel consumption on E90 320i

opvaulet said:
My Bimmer always gives better FC on 95. After chipping still the same , 95 better FC. Could'nt believe it at first. About 50km diff per tank. Wife's IS 250 avg FC 11km/l, or 9.2 l/100km, not bad for 1.6 tonnes and 208ps. Friend's car( same as wife's) and stock standard g-teched 0-60mph @ 7.8secs.
hey, so it can happen to the bimmer too...tt 95 does give better FC...but then it contradicts what the brochure claims? hmmm

fantastic3 said:
Go to MENU>CONFIG>CONSUME

Then choose between L/100km or km/l or mpg by turning the right knob to select

After you have finalised, press on the right knob to confirm.

Then back to home by pressing AUDIO

Thats it!
tks fantastic3...20 characters again

opvaulet said:
My Bimmer always gives better FC on 95. After chipping still the same , 95 better FC. Could'nt believe it at first. About 50km diff per tank. Wife's IS 250 avg FC 11km/l, or 9.2 l/100km, not bad for 1.6 tonnes and 208ps. Friend's car( same as wife's) and stock standard g-teched 0-60mph @ 7.8secs.

Wow, IS250 2.5L on V6 is able to get better FC then my E90......I did not believe the stats from Lexus at first but guess it must be true afterall.....but I still love the E90, unless oil prices sky rocket overnight.....

Nightwind,

e90 beautiful car too. I also love my Bimmer. But when i drive her car, I use pwr mode and as much of the 208ps as I can, so the FC drops to abt 10. During the test drive, I drove hard the 323i and IS on exactly the same route, having reset the respective trip computers. The respective FC figs were 12.3 vs 10. Same route on the Golf5 Gti was 14.4. All figs in l/100km.

Any other comments about whether 95 or 98 gives better mileage? What about fuel type? Shell 98 or v Power vs mobil or caltex?
I have only used 98 or V-power so far - Vpower gives more power and is smoother...after trying v power, i find shell 98 sluggish and not as smooth

For sure on my Bimmer FC better on 95. Feels slightly less responsive but not sure if thats because on 95 it sounds smoother and quieter anyway.

Howdy,, new here.

Hi all, been "experimenting" with Shell 95 vs 98....my ex-e46 was sipping 98 till I sadly traded it in..... new ride's been guzzling 98 since June.

Tried 95 this week....... yes, tinge quieter, but noticiably huffing and puffing away.....

Switching back to 98.......... my 2 cents here.

just pumped caltex platinum - noticeabe quietness and smoothness in engine performance. Was pumping shell 98 before this switch. Not sure abt mileage though

shell v-power with FMT gives better performance and smother ride. anyone using it? Can you feel the difference? Thou this burns a deep hole in the pocket everytime u drive out of a shell station:screwedu:

carcraze said:
shell v-power with FMT gives better performance and smother ride. anyone using it? Can you feel the difference? Thou this burns a deep hole in the pocket everytime u drive out of a shell station:screwedu:

I ve been using mostly shell 98 for the last 5.5 months. This morning, my stupid neighbours dog woke me up again at 6am, nothing to do so went to Shell station:) Still had half a tank of shell 98 left but decide to top up with V-power. Its a lot smoother, and I need not apply too much pressure on the accelerator.:woowooo:

Burn a hole? Wont lah. Your car is WRX STi? Ok I did some calculations...let see. Imagine the E90 which has a tank capcity of 61 litres. Lets say in a month, for me, roughly I would be using like 4 tankfuls per month. thats 244 litres. Lets round this up to 250 litres for simple calculations. Below is a comparison based on current station prices, after apply a 10% station discount. Of cos if u have an OCBC titanium card u get further discounts but for simplicity lets just ignore that and see the difference.

................. shell 08... shell v pwr...Difference
station px....$1.917.......$2.03........$0.113
less 10%....$1.7253.....$1.827......$0.1017
200 litres....$345.06.....$365.4.......$20.34
250 litres....$431.325...$456.75.....$25.425

Assuming you use 200 or 250 litres per month, the extra $$ you pay is only $20 and $25 respectively between both petrol grades. Is that alot? Well .... I dont know. To me thats OK considering the extra boost yr car gets. And if you dont hv to throttle so hard I guess its also lesser FC isnt it?

I am switching to V power...shiok drive!!!! :laughlik:

Bro Beng, care to share your FC so far after infusing V Pwr into your ride? I am returning 9.1km/l according to the OBC. Any other petrols you tried that can help increase milelage further? TIA.

Hi all,

I'm using Techron Platinium (Caltex) and I get 9.6. This is with the Sprint Booster installed. Tried the Techron Gold, but find that the platinium has better response. And feedback regarding V Power?

Cheers,
Larry

Hi Larry,

Tks for your input. Been using V Pwr so far and havent tried others yet. V pwr is smooth but I noticed the needle is not very friendly. shall try Caltex for my next fill-up. Then I can feedback on whether V or Plat is better in response, and mileage too. Cheers.

9.6 is good...i am doing 8.5....avg abt 520km per tank....

fooman..u on 18inch, i believe...... how many kms can ur car travel b4 topping up gas again?

Hi Como, yes you are right! I believe I am doing abt 500 km per tank! Something wrong with our rides?

Dumped V power after a short stint n now with ESSO..kekeke

I think I getting ard 8km/l cos me n my SCO both heavy footed.

i am getting 8.7 - 8.8 km/l for my 2.5 litre engine running on 17 inch RFT, 60% HW and caltex platinum...getting abt 600-620km per tank...

its not really the best fuel economy as compared to my previous rides (both turbo and non turbo) but guess its not too bad for a 2.5 litre continental..

Since most of you bros here are either on Plat or 8000, I'll try them too and then monitor again. Thanks guys!

just to clarify, when u say one tank, do you mean the orange light just come on or the neddle go all the way to the end?

nikleica;137469 said:
i am getting 8.7 - 8.8 km/l for my 2.5 litre engine running on 17 inch RFT, 60% HW and caltex platinum...getting abt 600-620km per tank...

its not really the best fuel economy as compared to my previous rides (both turbo and non turbo) but guess its not too bad for a 2.5 litre continental..

Just topped up my car today and to my pleasant surprise found that I clocked 9.95km/litre for my car.... Now am trying to see how far it can go on a litre under normal driving

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7clubcomde

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back