G30 owners please fall in!

Today , i did the automated parallel parking. N it was a breeze. I did remember trying it out on the Mercedes. Cannot compared.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Today , i did the automated parallel parking. N it was a breeze. I did remember trying it out on the Mercedes. Cannot compared.

Tried it once before. Its very fast and a bit scary because it is so fast and u have to trust the technology.

Tried it once before. Its very fast and a bit scary because it is so fast and u have to trust the technology.

I now use it quite often. Not always perfect esp with plants around. You must have confidence in it although can be scary. Found out you can modulate the speed by lightly tapping on the brakes when it's doing its thing. It will only cut off if you lift your finger from the Park button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the auto parking, sometimes the car does not sense the parking lot, any of you have that experience? is it becos too near or too far from the empty lot? Or approach is too fast?

For the auto parking, sometimes the car does not sense the parking lot, any of you have that experience? is it becos too near or too far from the empty lot? Or approach is too fast?

Hey @New5 I realized it too. Now I switch to 360 camera view slightly earlier before I enter parking area, so the camera can scan the lines and space. And I also noticed we have to let the vehicle pass the parking lot more closely to let it recognize the parking space.

Hey @New5 I realized it too. Now I switch to 360 camera view slightly earlier before I enter parking area, so the camera can scan the lines and space. And I also noticed we have to let the vehicle pass the parking lot more closely to let it recognize the parking space.

Thks bro!

10ddab6a6c3c9a19fbc377549eeb6582.jpg

I just pump my tyres and found that this grey cover is make of very soft plastic and IMO, in no time, its going to be broken.

Am a little surprise to find such low quality cover on our G30. This should have been a tougher plastic material or metal material.

Btw, I put in 2.4 Bar and the feels seem ok. If you like a bit softer ride, you can put lower.

Cheers.

Good morning all. Does anyone know when to get the 3-colour grille clip-ons for the new G30? I've looked all over online but no one seems to sell them yet.

Hi guys,
Hope to seek your advise.
Do you know if there are any empty default slots on the console, to add in a switch?

I'm wiring my electrical accessories, to the switch (for a on/off).

Best regards.

Thank

Best place to insert a non-ori switch would be hidden under dashboard beside bonnet release lever so that it wouldn't look ugly or out of place.

Hi,
Thanks for your advise.
I was hoping to buy a OEM switch from PML and slot it into a empty slot, on the console.

Example (empty slot, on my other car):
image.jpeg

Best regards.

Last edited:
Hi,
Thanks for your advise.
I was hoping to buy a OEM switch from PML and slot it into a empty slot, on the console.

Example:
1) empty slot.
View attachment 58379

2) example of a simple switch.

It's too costly. BMW had made cars that don't show empty slots to have a oremium feel.

One alternative is to replace the aircond switch panel to a higher spec one to discretely wire in your accessory.

I wired my Police Strobe & siren to switches hidden under the dashboard. It also prevents itchy hand from playing with it.

My goodness (Police strobe & siren)!
Awesome!

I'm actually doing it for my Blackvue & Solar panel, for long overseas trips.
1) Blackvue with a switch to Cell (on trips) or to PowerMagic (daily use).
2) Solar panel to start up the weak battery.

I have this same setup in my previous car.
I guess the switch under the console, is the only way to go.
Thanks again, for the advise.

My goodness (Police strobe & siren)!
Awesome!

I'm actually doing it for my Blackvue & Solar panel, for long overseas trips.
1) Blackvue with a switch to Cell (on trips) or to PowerMagic (daily use).
2) Solar panel to start up the weak battery.

I have this same setup in my pervious car.
I guess the switch under the console, is the only way to go.
Thanks again, for the advise.

No probs. Yes, a hidden switch under would be best as you won't be using it daily and don't need other people to play with the switch.

Have fun.

Thanks again!
If there's a G30 gathering, please let me know.
I'll be in awe, checking out those Police Strobe!

Thanks again, for your advise.

You guys think the 3 color clip on will be nice on 530 lux ? I think it looks better on a black grill like 530m or 540. Something to think about. But if its not expensive can just unclip if it looks weird. Just my view.

You guys think the 3 color clip on will be nice on 530 lux ? I think it looks better on a black grill like 530m or 540. Something to think about. But if its not expensive can just unclip if it looks weird. Just my view.

Hi mark, totally agree. My intention is to change to black grill first[emoji4] Have a great Sunday!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
top1nhacaiuytin
Back