G30 owners please fall in!

Has anyone successfully used Remote 3D view?

Got this error:
c60579610278ba4393f0e221dff5b1db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi 911,

I am using BMW Connected for Samsung hp but Samsung hp cannot view 3D remote,all other functions are okay.

I had used my iPad to download same BMW Connected app, and found that the app need us to go to the car and set the iDrive data privacy to allow Remote View 3D.

I will test mine later...

Thks

Last edited:
Hi 911,

I am using BMW Connected for Samsung hp but Samsung hp cannot view 3D remote,all other functions are okay.

I had used my iPad to download same BMW Connected app, and found that the app need us to go to the car and set the iDrive data privacy to allow Remote View 3D.

I will test mine later...

Thks

I haven't get my car, is there some obvious camera on the car for the 360views? I seen those on Mercedes and they have very obvious camera on the side mirrors.

Hi Kelvin,

You won't be able to see cameras on the BMW except:

1) the front one which is located right below your grill
2) rear camera, for reversing which is located at rear car plate, also used for 360 deg view

There are cameras below the side mirrors but can't see unless you bend down.

I think the image is created by the software BMW used and with these 4 cameras' help.

Try the above 360 deg C after you collect your car and see if you can see your car exact color.

The are many plus for this remote control mobile functions, like vehicle location search. No need to put vehicle tracker anymore...

You can also view your car and check on your car when you are overseas using the app...

Cheers

Hi Kelvin,

2) rear camera, for reversing which is located at rear car plate, also used for 360 deg view

I think the image is created by the software BMW used and with these 4 cameras' help.

Try the above 360 deg C after you collect your car and see if you can see your car exact color.

The are many plus for this remote control mobile functions, like vehicle location search. No need to put vehicle tracker anymore...

You can also view your car and check on your car when you are overseas using the app...

Cheers

Thank you so much! Can't wait to try this out[emoji28]

Got it. Thanks mate! I will try again later.

Not sure what you have set up but based on my memory (which isn't reliable), need to do at least the following:

- get bmwconnect of the car. For SG, need to log in to the website and purchase, its free though. Not sure if there are charges for overseas.

- In the iDrive of the car, enable Remote 3D 360 camera. May need to do for all your keys, but can't remember.

Let us know after u try.

Last edited:
Hi Kelvin,

Cheers

The cameras are not obvious (by my standards).

The remote view of the car is fun initially, but now feels a little gimmicky for me. Usually not much seen. LOL

Last edited:
Anyone noticed that the car does not always remember you profile setup in your key? Also, my wife and I use a different key and when we use the car on weekends, the car seems to be "confused".

Anyone noticed that the car does not always remember you profile setup in your key? Also, my wife and I use a different key and when we use the car on weekends, the car seems to be "confused".

lucky for me my wife don't drive...I am the only driver.

This is a interesting issue......

Comfort access vs Driver profile

For previous F10, when we have 2 person carrying individual fob keys and going to take turns to drive, the one who is going to drive will use the unlock button on his fob key to unlock the car, thus initialising his profile. So, there is no driver profile setting issue.

I have not test the new car comfort access but I find it very sensitive when I wash the car by spraying water on it. The car locks and unlocks when water jet hit the door sensor areas. If you have not done this, try it.

I believe this happens when your car is stationary. It does not happen when you drive in the rain.

I have also set 2 driver profiles and so far all are good when different driver uses the car, but like I mentioned, we practise having the driver unlocking the car using his fob key, so that its a firm signal to the car which profile is to be used.

Perhaps I should test when the situation arises, i.e. 2 drivers carrying their individual fob keys at the same time, approach the car, stand next to it and then use comfort access to unlock and see what happens.

The situation mentioned by Ninja may happens if the car could not decide which fob key is the driver....... so, the proximity range matters when 2 fob keys are detected.

Cheers.

Perhaps I should test when the situation arises, i.e. 2 drivers carrying their individual fob keys at the same time, approach the car, stand next to it and then use comfort access to unlock and see what happens.

The situation mentioned by Ninja may happens if the car could not decide which fob key is the driver....... so, the proximity range matters when 2 fob keys are detected.

I have tested this. Me at driver side with my key, wife at passenger side with her key.

When I unlock the door using comfort access, my profile is loaded.

When my wife unlocks the door, again using comfort access, her profile is loaded. When I get into the car at driver seat, the profile changes to mine. Really cool, actually.

I had never had two keys together on my F10, only time I have to adjust is when one battery is low and I switch key. Great to know that it's so smart.

I have tested this. Me at driver side with my key, wife at passenger side with her key.

When I unlock the door using comfort access, my profile is loaded.

When my wife unlocks the door, again using comfort access, her profile is loaded. When I get into the car at driver seat, the profile changes to mine. Really cool, actually.

U are lucky. Mine is not so smart.

Btw, try loading your wife's profile and let her drive around and park car. Then try your key...

This is a interesting issue......

Comfort access vs Driver profile

For previous F10, when we have 2 person carrying individual fob keys and going to take turns to drive, the one who is going to drive will use the unlock button on his fob key to unlock the car, thus initialising his profile. So, there is no driver profile setting issue.

I have not test the new car comfort access but I find it very sensitive when I wash the car by spraying water on it. The car locks and unlocks when water jet hit the door sensor areas. If you have not done this, try it.

I believe this happens when your car is stationary. It does not happen when you drive in the rain.

I have also set 2 driver profiles and so far all are good when different driver uses the car, but like I mentioned, we practise having the driver unlocking the car using his fob key, so that its a firm signal to the car which profile is to be used.

Cheers.

Happened to me when I was washing the car too!

U are lucky. Mine is not so smart.

Btw, try loading your wife's profile and let her drive around and park car. Then try your key...

Yes, done that as well. All good.

Actually, now that you mention it, the first time, the car did not change profile. I then tried it out using just one key after another in proximity of the car (using comfort access) & the profiles were loading automatically. It's been fine ever since.

Yeah washing the car causes the car to lock and unlock if you have comfort access. Solution is very simple...leave the key inside the car. Then the sensors won't respond to the water.
It doesn't happen in the rain is because the key is inside the car.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
79kingcoupons

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back