G30 owners please fall in!

Can we set min quorum of 3 members?or too little?
Propose to meet after Kelvin/Mark get their rims.Hopefully they can make it.

Date:5/8/17
Time: 830-1030
Venue: kallang open air car park(closer to Burger King)

The proposed schedule is fine with me, hopefully the rims are installed. C u guys on 5th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The proposed schedule is fine with me, hopefully the rims are installed. C u guys on 5th.

Attendees:
Ben aka hohlim
Kelvin

Attendees:
Ben aka hohlim
Kelvin
Sorry cant make it. Will be back on 18th /19th. You guys have fun n post some photos. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hey everyone,
Just curious,is there an option to switch between mph and kph on your speedometer? Will it change the whole speedo or will just be an digital number change? Cause mine is PI and concern if the speedo will be in mph?

Hey everyone,
Just curious,is there an option to switch between mph and kph on your speedometer? Will it change the whole speedo or will just be an digital number change? Cause mine is PI and concern if the speedo will be in mph?

No worry Bro! The entire meter change, I tried both, when it in KM/h there is small numeric display of MPH, Vice versa[emoji4] mine PI too.

Does anyone here have Dynamic Cruise Control or knowledge on this?

My understanding is that PML cars come with Active Cruise Control (doesn't auto brakes on cruise control, when proximity alerts).

I recalled seeing a setting that describe something like emergency brake, if proximity alerts.
I'm wondering if coding can be done, to activate Dynamic Cruse Control.

We certainly don't have this (Driver Assist Plus):

Last edited:
I guess mine also normal cruise control. But there is a intelligent safety button that can set for all round anti collision/ pedestrian/others warning that comes with warning and brake intervention, not sure if it work with cruise control, have not tested however confirmed that it does brakes when near collision, tested when a car suddenly cut into my lane, even though it's not real emergency, it starts braking before I react[emoji28]it was set @ sensitivity: early warning. I guess PM also have this[emoji4][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Exactly! So if this is a default in most G30, there would be electrical controls to the brake.

I'm wondering if Dynamic Cruise control is a pairing of this, with Active Cruise Control.
And if this is the case, I'm wondering if coding can get this to pair them.

I am interested too! If you get more information please share. [emoji1317]

I am interested too! If you get more information please share.
emoji1317.png

Exactly! So if this is a default in most G30, there would be electrical controls to the brake.

I'm wondering if Dynamic Cruise control is a pairing of this, with Active Cruise Control.
And if this is the case, I'm wondering if coding can get this to pair them.
I could be wrong cause my info is purely based on bits of info from online but dynamic cruise control or active/adaptive cruise control with stop and go are the same thing (lets call it ACC). Cruise control (CC) with braking function is what PML provided as standard, this function works when CC is activated at say 80, if travelling down a gentle incline, the car would break gently or apply some engine brake (that's how it work on my current car, Audi)

For ACC to work, you need to have a
1)KAFAS stereo camera and a (P6 of G30 Driver assistance systems)
2)Active Cruise control or full range radar sensor (P12 of G30 Driver assistance systems)
I obtained the info from the training documents from the link below

(http://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1364915)

KAFAS

The KAFAS camera is located close to the cars rear view mirror. Its main role is to for frontal collision warning, Daytime pedestrian Protection (from in the documents), it also play a supporting role for ACC.
I assume these are the features 1st gear is referring to, its a feature that the car breaks a little when detects someone is too close to the car. I got the info from the link below
(http://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1403100)

ACC
The ACC sensor is below the bumper and its purpose (no info to back this up from the training docs) is I believe as the name suggests for the ACC to work.
Attached is the PML car (540 wo radar) and what the radar (ACC) looks like

You need the ACC sensor below the bumper to get ACC to work and I believe some coding to get these done too. I called elebest in the past how much to retrofit driver assistant plus, I can't recall the figure but I know it was more than a few thousand. But if you want to have ACC retrofitted only, it may be cheaper, sharing a video on the retrofit below.

https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjf0JWR3KrVAhVEnZQKHUJjBBkQtwIIIDAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZtPhDwFLcQ&usg=AFQjCNFaUfcWYkaDfjNW5qNcxUHD1pos0w

https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&...CCAwAQ&usg=AFQjCNHuHA2SE2a4XhkNRHIoTD4Uj_00xg

Feel free to correct me if any of my info is wrong as I also not 100% sure.

Attachments

• 540 wo radar.jpg
    540 wo radar.jpg
    551.7 KB · Views: 596
  • ACC.jpg
    ACC.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:
Hi Ben, that super informative. thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No prob bro,just curious after your bbk & wheels,you gonna lower yr ride with springs or coilovers?

I am considering springs coz experience with KW V3s on my current ride is too low. Was thinking of ACS but afraid will shorten damper life.

U going to lower?

No prob bro,just curious after your bbk & wheels,you gonna lower yr ride with springs or coilovers?

I am considering springs coz experience with KW V3s on my current ride is too low. Was thinking of ACS but afraid will shorten damper life.

U going to lower?

I will consider if the gap is too huge, previous F10 lowered but ride too stiff, was too uncomfortable for my family

Think i might be a bit late... hard to wake up so early!
Our first kopi session!
All are invited,if able to commit,please indicate your nick below, if cannot commit,just drop by and look for us,also can! Just to say hello and meet each other.

Time: 930-11

Attendees:
Ben aka hohlim
Kelvin
Squeaky

I also think too early....:Biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member