G30 owners please fall in!

Good morning fellow G30 enthusiasts, hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good Morning all, first time post here.
Just booked the new G30 few days ago, expected delivery sometime in September.
Will post up pictures once car is delivered. In the meantime, would like to learn few things from fellow members and owners here.
I'm a first time BMW owner.

Regards, Daniel

Good Morning all, first time post here.
Just booked the new G30 few days ago, expected delivery sometime in September.
Will post up pictures once car is delivered. In the meantime, would like to learn few things from fellow members and owners here.
I'm a first time BMW owner.

Regards, Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Kelvin, Thank you...

Looks like I missed the earlier gathering of members here. Is there another one planned for September?
Hi Daniel,
Congrats on your new car! Care to discuss what other cars you consider before getting the G30? Care to share what colour you got and what other cars you consider before getting the G30? Personally, I considered the 5 series, A6 and E class. The A6 was a little dated, did not like the aircon vents on the E and the 5 had in my opinion being the newest could bring me the most mileage (in terms of being a current model)

If comfortable, would you like to add your car/colour to our list below?

1. Squeaky Ninja - 530i lux mineral white
2. The Guardian - 540i m sport alpine white
3. BaamBaam - 530i lux med blue
4. mark 1919 - 530i lux black
5. F10fan - 530i lux black
6. Fres - 530i lux bluestone
7. hohlim - 540i xDrive m sport sapphire black
8. andychantw - 530i Msport Sapphire Black
9. cheerz - 530i m sport carbon black
10. JackJx - 530i m sport carbon black
11. CY Wong - 530i lux jatoba
12. Alphua - 540i m sport carbon black
13. kenhee - 530i lux sophisto grey
14. Izr911 - 530i m sport bluestone
15. ml5775 - 530i m sport bluestone (Brunei)
16. new5 - 530i lux alpine white
17. Kelvin Bek - 530i lux sapphire black
18. kktan - 530i m sport carbon black
19. Dean87 -530i m sport - sophisto Grey (Malaysia)
20. Skippy - 540i m sport bluestone
21. Sen Min - 530I M Sport White
22. BlurRhino - 530i Sophisto Grey
23. Daniel Golfer -

Good morning fellow G30 enthusiasts, hope your have a wonderful weekend!

Good morning bro, sorry, been quiet lately. Heard from my PI sales guy that the 520i is available for indent but not sure if PML will bring it in. Suspect will be the volume model next time but also no info on the spec.... My punishment for being quiet - did a statistic count in terms of colors of the documented members here. Hope it can help potential owners make an informed decision. Go Black!!!!! or Go Home!!! wakakaka

Doc members.jpg

This morning golf at MBGCC, apparently the number of G30 had significantly increased. Including mine, total there is 4 units. Wonder if anyone of you guys were there[emoji4]

hello fellow G30-ians, has anyone been able to get VIM coding done and if so, what is the price?

Hi Daniel,
Congrats on your new car! Care to discuss what other cars you consider before getting the G30? Care to share what colour you got and what other cars you consider before getting the G30? Personally, I considered the 5 series, A6 and E class. The A6 was a little dated, did not like the aircon vents on the E and the 5 had in my opinion being the newest could bring me the most mileage (in terms of being a current model)

If comfortable, would you like to add your car/colour to our list below?

1. Squeaky Ninja - 530i lux mineral white
2. The Guardian - 540i m sport alpine white
3. BaamBaam - 530i lux med blue
4. mark 1919 - 530i lux black
5. F10fan - 530i lux black
6. Fres - 530i lux bluestone
7. hohlim - 540i xDrive m sport sapphire black
8. andychantw - 530i Msport Sapphire Black
9. cheerz - 530i m sport carbon black
10. JackJx - 530i m sport carbon black
11. CY Wong - 530i lux jatoba
12. Alphua - 540i m sport carbon black
13. kenhee - 530i lux sophisto grey
14. Izr911 - 530i m sport bluestone
15. ml5775 - 530i m sport bluestone (Brunei)
16. new5 - 530i lux alpine white
17. Kelvin Bek - 530i lux sapphire black
18. kktan - 530i m sport carbon black
19. Dean87 -530i m sport - sophisto Grey (Malaysia)
20. Skippy - 540i m sport bluestone
21. Sen Min - 530I M Sport White
22. BlurRhino - 530i Sophisto Grey
23. Daniel Golfer - 530i M Sport Mediterranean Blue

Good morning bro, sorry, been quiet lately. Heard from my PI sales guy that the 520i is available for indent but not sure if PML will bring it in. Suspect will be the volume model next time but also no info on the spec.... My punishment for being quiet - did a statistic count in terms of colors of the documented members here. Hope it can help potential owners make an informed decision. Go Black!!!!! or Go Home!!! wakakaka

View attachment 59060

Hi bro HohLim,
Me and the wife were going through few options going from SUVs of GLE, Q7, XC90... then changed mind to sedan A6, XF, and going down to the final two E300 and 530i..

At the end, the lure for more of a Driver's car and tech features makes the final choice to the BMW.

And I've added my car to the list above.

Hi bro HohLim,
Me and the wife were going through few options going from SUVs of GLE, Q7, XC90... then changed mind to sedan A6, XF, and going down to the final two E300 and 530i..

At the end, the lure for more of a Driver's car and tech features makes the final choice to the BMW.

Welcome[emoji51]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hello fellow G30-ians, has anyone been able to get VIM coding done and if so, what is the price?
Is VIM video in motion?are we able to receive free to air channels or you considering for DVDs? Please do share the approx cost if u manage to get it?Thanks bro!
Hi bro HohLim,

Excuse me for assuming here but i believe both our families enjoy huge cars. Guessing so as you initially considered an XC90 ,Q7 or GLE and in the end changed to a sedan meaning 7 seats is not required but fun to have. Thats my case anyway.

Personally i have a Q7 2.0,would like to share some info since you did considered it once. The car was registered in Nov 2016,the cost was 288k,COE was 62k,OMV is 59116. Parf benefit would be 39k.

Opinion on the car-
My passengers
The drive is bumpy compared to a 5 series (i pump 45psi all round for my Q7) but would say nobody would complain. The space is incredible,my kids(both aged 10) enjoy the space jumping between row 2 and 3. The space between me and my front passenger is also really good,i can't comfortably put my hand on my wives lap cause of the space between us - like how i used to during our dating days in an E46.

Drivers comments
I cover quite a considerable amount of mileage,its now 55k kms as i commute between Tuas and Bedok daily. The tank is approx 70Land i manage to get approx 10km per L with mye being reasonable on the accelerator,its not unusal to do 700km on a full tank

The Audi MMI is easier to enter addresses than my brothers 7 series,which i mention cause i do not have a 5 series yet but feel its still in context. The TFT screen for the speedo is good and easier to navigate between calls,music,GPS and car statistics. I also like that the middle TFT screen can be hidden when i dun want it there.

20170820_021702.jpg
20170820_021702.jpg

The car is wide,navigating in and out of Liang court basement,Wisma carpark and tampines mall is challeging for me,another minus point compared to my previous car is the front sensors are not active when in drive.

Acceleration is ok but comes in only after 3000rpm which is not good as i feel many people like to take advantage of huge cars and cut in.

The 1 thing that drives me so damn bloody crazy are the brakes! Its squeaks like crazy at low speed,its like some old taxi. Really embarrassing for me. I have worked to get it resolved by the service staff but still no improvement
I know the problem are the pads but cannot go aft mkt as still under warranty
The CSO says there a new pad for the car coming in Nov 2017 so i am waiting for that. Theres also a tiak tiak sound when i press the brake in a certain way. Lastly there is some rattling in the suspension over some bumps.

Hope the simple review makes you happy that you chose the G30!

No offence to Audi supporters, its my own opinion and may not apply to all Q7s.

Last edited:
Is VIM video in motion?are we able to receive free to air channels or you considering for DVDs? Please do share the approx cost if u manage to get it?Thanks bro!

Excuse me for assuming here but i believe both our families enjoy huge cars. Guessing so as you initially considered an XC90 ,Q7 or GLE and in the end changed to a sedan meaning 7 seats is not required but fun to have. Thats my case anyway.

Personally i have a Q7 2.0,would like to share some info since you did considered it once. The car was registered in Nov 2016,the cost was 288k,COE was 62k,OMV is 59116. Parf benefit would be 39k.

Opinion on the car-
My passengers
The drive is bumpy compared to a 5 series (i pump 45psi all round for my Q7) but would say nobody would complain. The space is incredible,my kids(both aged 10) enjoy the space jumping between row 2 and 3. The space between me and my front passenger is also really good,i can't comfortably put my hand on my wives lap cause of the space between us - like how i used to during our dating days in an E46.

Drivers comments
I cover quite a considerable amount of mileage,its now 55k kms as i commute between Tuas and Bedok daily. The tank is approx 70Land i manage to get approx 10km per L with mye being reasonable on the accelerator,its not unusal to do 700km on a full tank

The Audi MMI is easier to enter addresses than my brothers 7 series,which i mention cause i do not have a 5 series yet but feel its still in context. The TFT screen for the speedo is good and easier to navigate between calls,music,GPS and car statistics. I also like that the middle TFT screen can be hidden when i dun want it there.

View attachment 59063 View attachment 59064

The car is wide,navigating in and out of Liang court basement,Wisma carpark and tampines mall is challeging for me,another minus point compared to my previous car is the front sensors are not active when in drive.

Acceleration is ok but comes in only after 3000rpm which is not good as i feel many people like to take advantage of huge cars and cut in.

The 1 thing that drives me so damn bloody crazy are the brakes! Its squeaks like crazy at low speed,its like some old taxi. Really embarrassing for me. I have worked to get it resolved by the service staff but still no improvement
I know the problem are the pads but cannot go aft mkt as still under warranty
The CSO says there a new pad for the car coming in Nov 2017 so i am waiting for that. Theres also a tiak tiak sound when i press the brake in a certain way. Lastly there is some rattling in the suspension over some bumps.

Hope the simple review makes you happy that you chose the G30!

No offence to Audi supporters, its my own opinion and may not apply to all Q7s.

bro HohLim,
Appreciated the insights for Audi Q7, I think those are very relevant information for anyone considering the car to be driven in rather smaller car park spaces in Singapore. For us, similar to you, we have two small kids and initially thinking that the 3 row of seats will make it easier when parents/in-laws wants to go together for meals in the same car. However at the end, simply due to size, the wife ruled it out. She thinks it is too difficult for her to drive those cars. The GLE Coupe or the new Volvo XC60 came into the consideration too, but again I decided to just go with the new 5... it should be more exciting.

After reading your previous posts, I see that you ordered the 540i with xDrive. Is there any reason why you go with that option? Maybe because you are used to the Quattro on Audi then the thought of having xDrive too?

Thank you!

After reading your previous posts, I see that you ordered the 540i with xDrive. Is there any reason why you go with that option? Maybe because you are used to the Quattro on Audi then the thought of having xDrive too?

Thank you!
Nope,i'll be bullshitting you if i told you i needed the xdrive or it drives better coz i doubt i'll be driving at those limits. Real reason is that i bought from a PI and believe his supplier is from UK and from what i understand,there is no option for rwd for 540 in the UK. The xdrive gives marginally better acceleration (4.8s vs 5.1s) but worse fuel consumption (~7.4 vs ~6.9l/100km). They should b mechanically the same apart from the transfer case and front differential. I believe a rwd car only need to change oils for the rear differential.

The Q7 is comfortable for the passengers but the driver does suffer a little. Your wife made a good judgement call!

Last edited:
As a preparation before collecting the car, i would like to know what do bros here do for protecting the paint and make them look shiny?

I've never done these glass/ceramic coating before, have always been doing wax and polish so far. When paint coating starting to become popular the past few years, my car is getting old anyway and never bother to do it. Browsing the forum, I've seen the name such "Revol" with his own brand coating, "Supremo detail" with C-quartz brand and "Ace-GT" that brings in Ceramic-Pro brand.

Any comments/feedback on those products?
Thanks in advance!

As a preparation before collecting the car, i would like to know what do bros here do for protecting the paint and make them look shiny?

I've never done these glass/ceramic coating before, have always been doing wax and polish so far. When paint coating starting to become popular the past few years, my car is getting old anyway and never bother to do it. Browsing the forum, I've seen the name such "Revol" with his own brand coating, "Supremo detail" with C-quartz brand and "Ace-GT" that brings in Ceramic-Pro brand.

Any comments/feedback on those products?
Thanks in advance!

My personal experience. I did a coating right after I collected my car, and it was obvious that the rain was sliding off the car easier compared to my previous ride without it. However, after 2 weeks, the effect seems to have vanished. Moreover, I followed their instructions to only wash with water for the first 2 weeks.

Overall, not exactly a good experience. (I may also have found some swirl marks after the coating, not sure if it was there previously or done by the people doing the coating)

I will stay with wax.

My personal experience. I did a coating right after I collected my car, and it was obvious that the rain was sliding off the car easier compared to my previous ride without it. However, after 2 weeks, the effect seems to have vanished. Moreover, I followed their instructions to only wash with water for the first 2 weeks.

Overall, not exactly a good experience. (I may also have found some swirl marks after the coating, not sure if it was there previously or done by the people doing the coating)

I will stay with wax.

04633075817eab30dedb77a52fba33c6.jpg
f1bf70f4fa1cb8166259bad3c3493887.jpg

I have similar experiences, I coated with attached products and only impressed me for 2 wks, after that the effect is no longer there. I too followed the instructions to wash with plain water only and now it seem like normal condition of un-coated. If you can fine one that delivered what they promised please share with us. Cheers!

I coated both my cars and bike with Sonax Ceramic Coating and is pleased with the result. The shine still stays after 6 months, the hydrophilic effect is still good, although the 'wax' feel is gone. It's easy to 'wash' the car as you will only need a moistened micro fiber cloth to wipe off the dirt.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back