G30 owners please fall in!

Check around a few PI. And I learnt that ConnectDrive is only for PML model as you need to log on to their server to get connected and use the ConnectDrive.
PI spec varies from PI to PI. Most come with standard LED Headlight as their base model. No wireless charging. No Gesture control. Of course, price also varies.
it's true that specs varies from different PI. Good to look around first and most importantly go to a reliable PI if planning to get from one.

Check around a few PI. And I learnt that ConnectDrive is only for PML model as you need to log on to their server to get connected and use the ConnectDrive.
PI spec varies from PI to PI. Most come with standard LED Headlight as their base model. No wireless charging. No Gesture control. Of course, price also varies.

Hi Poppy,

That’s not entirely true. Mine is connected to BMW ConnectedDrive and it’s PI. With regards to the range it’s definitely much wider and confusing. They even have M-sports without Full LED adaptive head lights. If you really plan to buy from PI you need to know what you want. Get the best deal for what you want, the rest that is not in your wish lists, just treat them as bonuses. The main reason they indented different specification is to confused potential buyer and have a different pricing strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's true that specs varies from different PI. Good to look around first and most importantly go to a reliable PI if planning to get from one.
Problem is that you do not know which one is really reliable until you encounter a problem -->when they solve it for you or they do not even care.
If not pro
Hi Poppy,

That’s not entirely true. Mine is connected to BMW ConnectedDrive and it’s PI. With regards to the range it’s definitely much wider and confusing. They even have M-sports without Full LED adaptive head lights. If you really plan to buy from PI you need to know what you want. Get the best deal for what you want, the rest that is not in your wish lists, just treat them as bonuses. The main reason they indented different specification is to confused potential buyer and have a different pricing strategy.

Hmm... Strangely, I checked with 2 "so call" reputable PI, both told me ConnectDrive is not supported by PI only for PML. And therefore Real Time Traffic Information is also not suported

Some of the must have are:
Soft Closing
Adpative LED Headlight
Wireless Charging
Comfort Access
GPS Nagivation

Good to have
ConnectDrive
RTTI
Gesture Control

Problem is that you do not know which one is really reliable until you encounter a problem -->when they solve it for you or they do not even care.
If not pro

Hmm... Strangely, I checked with 2 "so call" reputable PI, both told me ConnectDrive is not supported by PI only for PML. And therefore Real Time Traffic Information is also not suported

Some of the must have are:
Soft Closing
Adpative LED Headlight
Wireless Charging
Comfort Access
GPS Nagivation

Good to have
ConnectDrive
RTTI
Gesture Control
GPS should be locally fitted/loaded. Note that if you want the boot to automatically close, you will also need to have
"Automatic Tailgate operation" else i believe comfort access is for doors only.

Friends and Fans of the BMW G30
1. Squeaky Ninja - 530i lux mineral white
2. The Guardian - 540i m sport alpine white
3. BaamBaam - 530i lux med blue
4. mark 1919 - 530i lux black
5. F10fan - 530i lux black
6. Fres - 530i lux bluestone
7. hohlim - 540i xDrive m sport sapphire black
8. andychantw - 530i Msport Sapphire Black
9. cheerz - 530i m sport carbon black
10. JackJx - 530i m sport carbon black
11. CY Wong - 530i lux jatoba
12. Alphua - 540i m sport carbon black
13. kenhee - 530i lux sophisto grey
14. Izr911 - 530i m sport bluestone
15. ml5775 - 530i m sport bluestone (Brunei)
16. new5 - 530i lux alpine white
17. Kelvin Bek - 530i lux sapphire black
18. kktan - 530i m sport carbon black
19. Dean87 -530i m sport - sophisto Grey (Malaysia)
20. Skippy - 540i m sport bluestone
21. Sen Min - 530i m sport White
22. BlurRhino - 530i Sophisto Grey
23. Daniel Golfer - 530i m sport Mediterranean Blue
24.Twinnie - 530i m sport Carbon Black
25.Michaelsia - 530i Cashmere Silver
26.REND - 530i Carbon Black
27.Schnider77 - 530i m sport Bluestone
28.TezzaRed-523i Tasman Green (F10)
29.Raptor77-540i m sport sophisto grey
30.lawrence h - 530i m sport bluestone
31. CZJ1516- 530i m sport sophisto grey
32. Eagle1 - 530i Sapphire Black
33. Ricardos - 530i Lux Mineral White
34. Jackpooi -530i Carbon Black
35. angkk - 530i m sport - Bluestone

Huan ying guan lin angkk

Friends and Fans of the BMW G30
1. Squeaky Ninja - 530i lux mineral white
2. The Guardian - 540i m sport alpine white
3. BaamBaam - 530i lux med blue
4. mark 1919 - 530i lux black
5. F10fan - 530i lux black
6. Fres - 530i lux bluestone
7. hohlim - 540i xDrive m sport sapphire black
8. andychantw - 530i Msport Sapphire Black
9. cheerz - 530i m sport carbon black
10. JackJx - 530i m sport carbon black
11. CY Wong - 530i lux jatoba
12. Alphua - 540i m sport carbon black
13. kenhee - 530i lux sophisto grey
14. Izr911 - 530i m sport bluestone
15. ml5775 - 530i m sport bluestone (Brunei)
16. new5 - 530i lux alpine white
17. Kelvin Bek - 530i lux sapphire black
18. kktan - 530i m sport carbon black
19. Dean87 -530i m sport - sophisto Grey (Malaysia)
20. Skippy - 540i m sport bluestone
21. Sen Min - 530i m sport White
22. BlurRhino - 530i Sophisto Grey
23. Daniel Golfer - 530i m sport Mediterranean Blue
24.Twinnie - 530i m sport Carbon Black
25.Michaelsia - 530i Cashmere Silver
26.REND - 530i Carbon Black
27.Schnider77 - 530i m sport Bluestone
28.TezzaRed-523i Tasman Green (F10)
29.Raptor77-540i m sport sophisto grey
30.lawrence h - 530i m sport bluestone
31. CZJ1516- 530i m sport sophisto grey
32. Eagle1 - 530i Sapphire Black
33. Ricardos - 530i Lux Mineral White
34. Jackpooi -530i Carbon Black
35. angkk - 530i m sport - Bluestone

Huan ying guan lin angkk
Looking at this growing list and trying to imagine all at one place. What a sight.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Go to the front right and take a pic of the VIN number, i/people on the forum can help you the spec, hopefully have no sponge blocking.
Suggest not to lose sleep over the specifications, i also made mistake by not specing in certain items. Suggest to calculate the depreciation and make comparison with PML and you should have stronger argument which to choose. Im not surprise if PI bring you on wild goose chase, checking with supplier,checking with boss, etc etc. Get the VIN and i'll try my best to tell you what is in it. Attached is what it looks like. Picture courtesy of Silly 5. Buy new car still dun buy new handphone. Kaoz

Sorry quality of pictures not good.

Hi Poppy,

Bro, what i gathered ConnectedDrive can be 1/2 f type, meaning you can connectedrive but not full service type even if you want to subscribe and pay, you can't too.

Bro, what i gathered ConnectedDrive can be 1/2 f type, meaning you can connectedrive but not full service type even if you want to subscribe and pay, you can't too.

Like what Hohlim mentioned, we should get overly upset about it. And whether or not you can book the services it’s based on you car manufactured platform.

Like what Hohlim mentioned, we should get overly upset about it. And whether or not you can book the services it’s based on you car manufactured platform.

67bb00812c8aa0ecd76ada75f6ab5d9f.jpg

Here’s what else I can book for my car.

I didn’t tried, as I don’t think I need it. You sponsor I try?lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member