German Castrol and SAF-XO

Re: German Castrol and SAF-XO

Still very quiet, quite happy so far.

GC is PAO based and not prone to shearing based on the stats seen.

Vansoh;1049954 said:
Bro,
how the GC 0w30 in your ride now?

my current Pennzoil 5W40 has been in my engine for 7K Km, starting to feel its time to change EO.
Am thinking to pour in the GC 0W30 this time round, but my '07 e90 320 is now @146K km... should be fine ya.
my concern is that once this thinner oil goes in, will somehow seep thru the cracks and cause the engine to start 'eating' EO

Dont mind me asking, since you pour in sep, till now how mang K already? Im asking cause i drive quite alot, 6mth 20K km

That's as close in specs as it gets ...... Let us know how it is ?

Vansoh;1051554 said:
Wanted to change my diff oil, but the elusive Castrol Syntrax Longlife 75w-90 aka SAF XO 75W-90 is really hard to find:furious:

In the end, got the Mobile One's Mobilube SHC 75W-90.
Specwise, very similar to the Castrol.
got it off a shop at Alexandra Village for $28nett
gonna try it out next week after getting the GC 0W30.:)

View attachment 57097
View attachment 57098
View attachment 57099
View attachment 57100

Mx is closed today, thus looking for alternative place to buy the GC.
Found that Amazon does provide free shipping of this EO to SG. Though its cheap at usd47+ for 6 qtr, the catch is that amazon free shipping to SG is for order of >usd125.
That mean have to buy 18qtr per order.

nicholas (mx tradings) is on holiday at KL. i just saw him there yesterday lol.. got to wait for some time more.

Monday is his scheduled off day. Nontheless, will try calling tomorow.

Time for group buy ?

Vansoh;1051623 said:
Mx is closed today, thus looking for alternative place to buy the GC.
Found that Amazon does provide free shipping of this EO to SG. Though its cheap at usd47+ for 6 qtr, the catch is that amazon free shipping to SG is for order of >usd125.
That mean have to buy 18qtr per order.

you interested? my 4pot only need 5qtr, buying 3 sets of 6qtr seems abit over kill.
I haven't try out the oil yet; but from reviews online, all seems to be very positive.
just afraid that after my old horse eat this oil liao will "lao sai" and start to leak oil.

Why not create a group buy thread ?

I think 1 bottle is S$16.5 so with Amazon its S$9.8 ?

Vansoh;1051699 said:
you interested? my 4pot only need 5qtr, buying 3 sets of 6qtr seems abit over kill.
I haven't try out the oil yet; but from reviews online, all seems to be very positive.
just afraid that after my old horse eat this oil liao will "lao sai" and start to leak oil.

One thing that most people reported is true .....

In the 3 months I was on the GC ....... The engine temp ran lower by about 5 degrees Celsius on average.

And the ticking sound (maybe the lifters) has gone away for the entire time. It was apparent when I was on the Mobil 1 0w40.

I think I will be changing my mind on the oil cooler thermostat mod I was contemplating for now.

I don't know how to interpret the data above. But red line has a euro spec 5w30 which is BMW - LL04.

It's slightly thinner 11.6 vs 12.2 cst@100. And LL04 IMHO is really meant for low sulphur petrol usually in the EU. Outside of the EU - LL01 is recommended as per BMW manual. Sulphur has a degrading effect on EO.

LL01 has a much higher TBN which would hold up the effect of higher sulphur content in petrol better. So this means the OCI can stretch longer. E.g if LL04 OCI is done at 5k km - LL01 could do OCI at 8k km.

cccc;1054919 said:
I don't know how to interpret the data above. But red line has a euro spec 5w30 which is BMW - LL04.

Last edited by a moderator:

RBBro, sometimes I really think your NTC is "pian chia" one. In fact I won't be surprised if you pulled out PhDs in automotive coding and chemical engineering from your cupboard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back