Help! I dented my 528i

Re: Help! I dented my 528i

primus22;891459 said:
I don't know how to do that bro? I played around the iDrive but didn't find any setting to change. Can you enlighten me pls? Thx!

Menu
Settings
Sports mode

primus22;891677 said:
Thanks for the reply bro. Before I sent the car in, whenever I toggle between comfort and sports mode when stationary, I can immediately feel a tightening of the chassis, not when driving.

Well, they said that the mounting of the suspension, some kind of rubber hardened, so the suspension wasn't absorbing. To think that I have been driving the bloody car for 9 months now and this is what they tell me! I have been complaining about this since I took delivery of the car in January !! KNN ...

Bro, how can you feel the chassis tightening when the car is stationary? :)

douggie;891876 said:
Bro, how can you feel the chassis tightening when the car is stationary? :)

Can lah. Its an inexplicable feeling... You know that something has changed, and you feel it through the steering wheel

I thought the sport mode on most local f10 is just heavier steering and more rev before change gear?

Hi all, I'm new to the forum so unable to post new thread n have to tagged on this thread since OP posted about car dent repair. My E60 also got few dents (bummer dent from reversing to carpark pillar, boot dent from accidentally press open boot button when parked and hit carpark structure, plus some minor dents from pple open their car doors and bang into mine).

Understood there are few repair workshops stated in the thread but as I stay at extreme west of Singapore, I wonder if any bro can recommend me realiable and reasonable pricing car body repair workshop in the west area like Jurong, Boon Lay, Pioneer, Bt Batok etc?

Btw, the boot dent has some paint work scratched (surprised to see the dent and paint drop off even though the car is parked stationary and the boot just opened to hit a HDB carpark beam), whereas the bummer dent and the door dents are quite minor, I wonder how long it takes to repair (just a rough estimation so I can schedule accordingly)? I called up one of the workshops in Tuas area, they said the paint touch-up can only matched 80% of the original paint work, can't tell from far or quick glance but if look near in detail, can tell the different colour patch, is this reasonable? My E60 is 4+ yrs old, dark blue.

Many thanks in advance.

primus22;789178 said:
Hi bros, I was exiting the Wisma Atria carpark 2 days ago, and when negotiating the 90 degrees turn to the carpark ramp, I brushed the left side of my car against the wall. ouch !!

Fortunately, the wall was protected with some rubber thingy, and the F10's excellent "2k paintwork" (that's what the PML guy told me) protected it from being scratched. However, there was a little dent on the car door. The dent was not deep and not readily apparent, but is noticeable if you stare at the car.

I asked the PML bodywork guy whether he can fix it, he said no. He said that because the body was made of aluminum, he cannot panel beat it back. He said that the only way out is to change the whole door.... The price? 2-3k !!

Any bros have any experience with this, and whether the people outside can fix this? In addition, will this void the warranty (since this is not an engine related issue)?

On a separate issue, any bros have problems with their undercarriage brushing against humps, especially when going out of the basement carparks? My F10 seems to always hit it, and I have to go really really slow to avoid that.

Thanks!

humps- always kena at bishan junction 8 while exiting car park.

last night while having dinner at havelock rd teochew porridge, witnessed 2 or 3 cars scraping their bottom on the hump leading into the open air car park at the market/foodcentre

Dear bros, as luck would have it (and I have none of it), I scratched my car (some would say again??!!) at a HDB carpark. Was exiting the car park and trying to negotiate a bend, but didn't make it. Got a super deep scratch and probably have to seek out the services of a panel beater and a painter.

Any good ones to recommend bro? I prefer not to go back to PML as I know sure kena carrot head. Thanks in advance bros!

beside Paintless dent removal, I think revol have their in house panel beater and spray painting service. if not can try site sponsor here...

Bro.. need to be careful with your F10.

ckbmwe60;913841 said:
beside Paintless dent removal, I think revol have their in house panel beater and spray painting service. if not can try site sponsor here...

Bro.. need to be careful with your F10.

Thanks bro for the reminder. I hated myself today for doing that.... boh pian skill lousy.. paiseh bro. :(

After checking around with some bros here, I finally decided to try my luck (with what's little left) with Ah Long of TCL Spray Painting. When I reached the workshop, I saw a few BMWs, Mercedes, a Maserati and a Porsche Carrera. Wow... ok, he must be really good.

Before I could show Ah Long the dent on the right side of my car, he saw the left side of my car and remarked that the left side had some damage before. I was like .. wow! how did he see that??!! He certainly has very powerful superman eyes! The bros in this forum will remember that I also dented my left side at Wisma Atria before, but not so jialat and Revols managed to do a PDR on the door. But seems like nothing escapes Ah Long's eyes.

Our conversation was short and Ah Long quoted me S$850 to repair the damage. According to him will take 3 working days and I have to send my car in on Wednesday ('cos long queue).

Please see the before photo below. Will upload the after photo in the weekend.
View attachment 43025

primus22;913967 said:
After checking around with some bros here, I finally decided to try my luck (with what's little left) with Ah Long of TCL Spray Painting. When I reached the workshop, I saw a few BMWs, Mercedes, a Maserati and a Porsche Carrera. Wow... ok, he must be really good.

Before I could show Ah Long the dent on the right side of my car, he saw the left side of my car and remarked that the left side had some damage before. I was like .. wow! how did he see that??!! He certainly has very powerful superman eyes! The bros in this forum will remember that I also dented my left side at Wisma Atria before, but not so jialat and Revols managed to do a PDR on the door. But seems like nothing escapes Ah Long's eyes.

Our conversation was short and Ah Long quoted me S$850 to repair the damage. According to him will take 3 working days and I have to send my car in on Wednesday ('cos long queue).

Please see the before photo below. Will upload the after photo in the weekend.
View attachment 43025

Bro, your car plate 2222? saw 1 F10 at Kampong Arang road with a similar scratch like yours.

vegadonovan;914297 said:
Bro, your car plate 2222? saw 1 F10 at Kampong Arang road with a similar scratch like yours.

no-lah bro, not 2222. Although my plate got "2" in it. Anyway, after I fixed the scratch, i will post some pics so that bro 2222 can go find TCL ah long to fix it ...

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back