help ! my BMW made in south africa

Re: help ! my BMW made in south africa

heerajs;154006 said:
Just To Confirm, My Bmw Is Made In Germany. One Of The Few In Singapore....
If You Are Interested, You Can Call Me At 91558249

The guy who started this thread already has bought a e90 330i.I dont think he wants your Made in Germany 320i.

I think the German made E90 (if any) will have higher OMV than the South African ones.

roland1888;154000 said:
Literally speaking, does it matter? If there is a car out there that is made in S'pore, what impressions will that make to other car owners around the world?

i will buy your 320 over my dead body.so keep waiting

Turbonetic;154047 said:
I think the German made E90 (if any) will have higher OMV than the South African ones.

I own a SA made 320 and I see no problems whatsoever with the quality. Anyway, I believe the reason why there are German made 320s in Singapore is because they had to rush some over for the 3 series launch. The OMV is not a reflection that German 3s are superior or more costly...just a reflection of the freight mode.

heerajs;154006 said:
Just To Confirm, My Bmw Is Made In Germany. One Of The Few In Singapore....
If You Are Interested, You Can Call Me At 91558249

by telling people ur 320 is made in germany doesnt mean u attract more buyer...

seriously...i dont care where is it made..i think be it SA or Germany... im sure BMW has some kind of quality control... how bad can they be anyway.. the parts are still made in germany.. only it is assembled in cheaper labour country... so?? big deal? if you think its a big deal.. means you dont love ur car nor the brand...

if u die die want 100% confirm made in germany 1000000% good quality... go buy a carrera GT.. or a maybach

if you have owned the german 3 series or even tried driving 1, you would know the difference, even my friends, who own south african 3 series, tried driving my car and they could tell the difference straight off, their comments were that the engine souned more sporty and more bmw-ish, even the built quailty was better in the sense that when you open and close the door, and the drive itself was much better, for example the smoothness, the auto transmition changing of gears etc..........trust me try driving 1 and you would know the difference.......

heerajs;154305 said:
if you have owned the german 3 series or even tried driving 1, you would know the difference, even my friends, who own south african 3 series, tried driving my car and they could tell the difference straight off, their comments were that the engine souned more sporty and more bmw-ish, even the built quailty was better in the sense that when you open and close the door, and the drive itself was much better, for example the smoothness, the auto transmition changing of gears etc..........trust me try driving 1 and you would know the difference.......

trutthfully..i have never driven the german 3 series before.. but have driven the SA E90 320i... if really what you say its true... then why would people buy the SA one... how did u get ur german 320 btw? isnt what PML sells are all SA made?

when i bought my car, i told them that i only wanted the german made if not i wont buy so they managed to get me the german one but at a much higher price with more specs... so i was lucky.....next time try that tactic it might work again.......hehehehe

heerajs said:
Could you list down your car's specs?

Else everything you have said sounded really like a psychological boost. No offense.

It's like my soccer team mate who keep saying his Adidas boots are made in Germany while ours are from Vietnam, and yet we could not tell any visible distinction nor any improvement in his touches.

"
kenntona;154319 said:
Could you list down your car's specs?

Else everything you have said sounded really like a psychological boost. No offense.

It's like my soccer team mate who keep saying his Adidas boots are made in Germany while ours are from Vietnam, and yet we could not tell any visible distinction nor any improvement in his touches.
"

the extra option i got with the german made car are

) extra omv of 10000k which means its omv is around 56000K
2) it has 4 way lumber support for both front seats
3)it has anti dazzle exterior and interior mirrors
4) active sports steering
5) 17 inch rims and run flat tyres
6) chrome exhaust pipe
7) Wood Trimming

the rest you have to feel the car to know

I will use the extra $10k to buy myself german beer, get drunk every weekend, book a few sexy german chicks and check into a German hotel in German style...

heerajs said:
the extra option i got with the german made car are

) extra omv of 10000k which means its omv is around 56000K
2) it has 4 way lumber support for both front seats
3)it has anti dazzle exterior and interior mirrors
4) active sports steering
5) 17 inch rims and run flat tyres
6) chrome exhaust pipe
7) Wood Trimming

the rest you have to feel the car to know
So basically you paid $10K for items ( 2 ) to ( 7 ). What about the engine? Any distinction from the South Africa-assembled model?

sorry but i don't see what the fuss is about with your German made 320...in the current resale marketing ... its not like your engine has 2 extra cylinders the SA made 320s don't... or yours is a 320si for that matter...

the extra options you mention can be retrofitted locally...probably the trims are also made in Romania for both the German and SA built cars.... maybe its just me...

i seen the 320si in sg before... are u one of the few?

yup yup..seen it before :)

ferd said:
sorry but i don't see what the fuss is about with your German made 320...in the current resale marketing ... its not like your engine has 2 extra cylinders the SA made 320s don't... or yours is a 320si for that matter...

the extra options you mention can be retrofitted locally...probably the trims are also made in Romania for both the German and SA built cars.... maybe its just me...
Precisely my point. Unless the model is techically more superior, the following simply looks "buyable" with the additional $10K......

"4 way lumber support for both front seats"
"anti dazzle exterior and interior mirrors"
"active sports steering"
"17 inch rims and run flat tyres" - which 17" rim design? Cause many stock rims are 17"...
"chrome exhaust pipe" - again, have you seen some of the mufflers at the meetup?
"Wood Trimming" - used to be stock trims in the PFL sedans

I am not questioning the comparison per se, but I do not see the point of differentiating the 2 models (Germany's and S. Africa's) unless the difference is inherent in the technical aspects.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curveswithmovesdotcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back