How good K&N air filter??

bmw7833

Time to change my air filter, but curious how good the K&N brand air filter if compare to the normal air filter?? Really as what it claims that increasing power & FC etc..?? Normal filter cost us ard SGD30, how much for K&N one??

Re: How good K&N air filter??

Woww..worth for it? How do u feel now??

Anyone know the cost for e39??

I got mine for my E60 for less than $100 leh. Get straight from agent in Kallang Pudding. cant remember name liao.

Thkx guy, he get also e39 air filter, rite??

I've been swearing by K&N for over 20 years now, over various cars, including E39 530i. Simply love it. You will love it. Its about sgd100 and lasts at least 10 years if not forever. Normal paper filter doesn't work as well, yet costs 1/3 the price. You do the math. Go get one. You won't regret.

I ve K&N on my E90 320i. U can feel the difference. Mai Tu Liao

keny;277650 said:
Speedworks Pte LtdAdd: 85 Genting Lane #03-04 Guan Hua Warehouse Bldg
Tel: ( 65 )67437288
Fax: ( 65 )68425427

its drop in filter or open pod?

of course drop in, open pod cant be that cheap unless you use GoodMorning towel as the filter.

TripleM;282265 said:
of course drop in, open pod cant be that cheap unless you use GoodMorning tower as the filter.
laugh until *peng*, simi *good morning towel* :lol2:

I'm using K&N drop in. is confirm better than stock. worth the cost or not is depending how long more you gonna drive the car, as is not a transferable item from car to car. but if you used for 100,000KM I doubt you need to change it, just servicing once 50,000KM but stock paper filter you might need to change on every oil change or every 20-40KM, depending on the environment you drive lo. you do the math, then you see if is worth lo.

the feel is good. worth it. enjoyed it thoroughly while i was using it.

tried k&N drop in filter on both my previous e65 and E85.. no feel of change. i find no point investing on this mod.. go for GruppeM CAI, cfm more than butt feel. steam!

Orh LuLu;282449 said:
tried k&N drop in filter on both my previous e65 and E85.. no feel of change. i find no point investing on this mod.. go for GruppeM CAI, cfm more than butt feel. steam!

Yes, agreed with Orh LuLu, Gruppe M will satisfy you in terms of air supply and the sweet sound. look nice in the engine compartment (CF).

Eh.... dun laugh at Good Morning towel okie! Still in super high demend ah! PLUS.... got different grades one some more. Not all the same ok.

Hahahaha...

But seriously, K&N filter is very good. Buy a drop in, use for life of the car. In between, just clean it using the cleaning kit which costs SGD25 (if I remember correctly).

At the end of the day, better performance and cheaper than stupid paper filters.

If you really want to push it, K&N also got open pod designs... but not neccessary.

gruppeM CAI

Actually cant see whats the main difference vs stock intake:confused:
newlogo_ram.jpg

fri-0315.jpg

Vehicle modelE90/E91/E92/E93 335i [WB35] Engine typeN54B30AProduct numberFRI-0315Price
yen_white.gif
218,000Duct materialCARBONRemarks
fri-0315kit.jpg
We developed the special carbon duct case for BMW E92 335i. RAM AIR SYSTEM used maximum space of E92 335i engine room.
RAM AIR SYSTEM can stop heat temperature inside engine room and can leads cool fresh air from front section. RAM AIR SYSTEM can make more torque and maximum power from middle range rpm to high range rpm than stock intake and you can feel better accelerate and aggressive intake sound. RAM AIR SYSTEM kit is all bolt on kit, so you do not need any modify on your car. All staff included into the kit.
fri-0315d.jpg
fri-0315_i.jpg
fri-0315_b.jpg

The filter case secures a large quantity of cool air.
fri-0315_a.jpg

A filter is put in this case.
fri-0315_c.jpg

Inlet air duct
pdficon_small.gif
FRI-0315 Installation Instructions [PDF 1.15MB]
pdficon_small.gif
Filter maintenance[PDF 124KB]
icon_cart.gif
Shopping
spare_1002_s.jpg
SPARE FILTER
RF-1002
yen_white.gif
gm_logo.jpg

Re: gruppeM CAI

Ahbengdriver;282666 said:
Actually cant see whats the main difference vs stock intake:confused:

It will cost you 3k to install, nearly 1% of the car value! Hard to justify!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tk88betcomvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back