Iphone 5

Re: Iphone 5

So it’s confirmed. Singapore will be one of the lucky countries getting the first batch of the new iPhone 5.

The iPhone 5 release / launch date in Singapore is confirmed at September 21. We’ll provide you with more pre-order details from each telco (Singtel, M1, Starhub) once they’ve made their news public.

kevinbmw;891736 said:
It is disappointing, really.

anyway..here's a promo video

[video=youtube;Z5U0rnuAYEU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5U0rnuAYEU[/video]

alot of talky talky..but... nothing really special

BMWM3;891745 said:
So it’s confirmed. Singapore will be one of the lucky countries getting the first batch of the new iPhone 5.

The iPhone 5 release / launch date in Singapore is confirmed at September 21. We’ll provide you with more pre-order details from each telco (Singtel, M1, Starhub) once they’ve made their news public.

just came back from singtel shop to pick up the SIII, believe me, i see people already asking how to reserve the new iphone 5. Apple branding is really successful IMO. Great marketing team there to hype up the entire world for a pretty
mediocre handset.

It's not mediocre IMHO. Even if you don't give a hoot about the improvement in speed. No manufacturer in the world can make a phone like Apple. It's not cheap injection molded plastic. And the screen, also you need to see it to believe it. The sharpness of the retina display is so much better than AMOLED. AMOLED is just brighter, more contrasty -- something I do not prefer as I like more neutral colors. Samsung no fight. Haven't even talk about the camera. Even the S3 with higher megapixel camera cannot produce the clarity of the iPhone 4S's camera. Magic is in the lens. S3 compensates by overboosting contrast using software.

And I have one major problem with the Android phones. I can't believe thousands of engineers at Google can't get a simple keyboard right.

Screen comparison:
Super AMOLED vs. Retina

Camera comparison:
Samsung Galaxy S III camera versus HTC One X, iPhone 4S | Android Atlas - CNET Reviews

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually I think Apple has all along been playing catchup with their phone hardware, be it intentionally or unintentionally. They sell so well because of IOS.

yeah, perhaps iPad mini comes with stylus

hoks;891812 said:
Actually I think Apple has all along been playing catchup with their phone hardware, be it intentionally or unintentionally. They sell so well because of IOS.

BMWM3;891822 said:
Which phone to buy bros?
iPhone 5 or SIII?

You cant make that decision yourself?????????

hoks;891812 said:

Actually whichever way you see it. Eg. Brand A has 3mp camera, Brand B response is 4mp camera, then Brand A launches 5mp camera etc etc... Which brand is Apple or Samsung? Either way I agree iOS sells, integrates great with their line of Lions and Leopards. I love the build quality of the Apple range though, its top notch and I know what their QC level is (a friend of mine manufactures parts for Apple).

Disappointed with the 4" screen. If it wasn't because of IOS+itunes, I would have long jumped ship to samsung.

Poor comparison using A99 vs d800. 24mp or 36mp doesn't matter because 12mp is already overkill. It is quality that matters.

4" vs 4.7/4.8" android is a difference that can be felt when browsing or even just checking email. Everytime I use a modern android phone, I am amazed at how far they have progress compared to iphone. Iphone simply has no more advantage.

Iphone 5

Mockngbrd;891929 said:
thats pretty badly written and blindly assumes all those who are disapointed are fandroids.

i respect your opinion too! but i am going to order my iphone 5 and the cradle when it comes out. hehe.

Slow_poke_driver;892002 said:
Iphone simply has no more advantage.

It does. In very basic form it still way better than any droid phones out there. Try entering numbers, for example. Or adding a Chinese keyboard. It's a major PITA, and aunties and uncles don't know how to go to Google Store... wait... Google Marketplace.... wrong name? Sorry... Google PLAY? (Sounds like a sex toy :p) to download a keyboard. You think I'm pulling your leg, I'm not. I run a mobile phone shop, and I get stupid shit questions like this all day.

The reason why people start getting used to the droid phones is because their friend is using it, their kids starts using it, everybody tell them to buy one, and then they get word of mouth recommendation of what apps to get, what to download, what to customize, how to use, what to press. But at the end of the day, auntie an uncles don't give a shit if the phone can run torrent downloads or send viruses out in the background because they don't even know WTF "multi-tasking" means, and this ALSO means they will come and ask me why their battery kaput so quickly.

It's like you say why buy a BMW when Audi has Quattro and a much more powerful engine. Why pay for iDrive when VW throws in navigation for free. Navigation, check. Bluetooth, check. Voice commands, check. But if you have never used, you'll never know that iDrive is still superior.

These are all art. Not just science.

Last edited by a moderator:

detach8;892019 said:
It does. In very basic form it still way better than any droid phones out there. Try entering numbers, for example. Or adding a Chinese keyboard. It's a major PITA, and aunties and uncles don't know how to go to Google Store... wait... Google Marketplace.... wrong name? Sorry... Google PLAY? (Sounds like a sex toy :p) to download a keyboard. You think I'm pulling your leg, I'm not. I run a mobile phone shop, and I get stupid shit questions like this all day.

The reason why people start getting used to the droid phones is because their friend is using it, their kids starts using it, everybody tell them to buy one, and then they get word of mouth recommendation of what apps to get, what to download, what to customize, how to use, what to press. But at the end of the day, auntie an uncles don't give a shit if the phone can run torrent downloads or send viruses out in the background because they don't even know WTF "multi-tasking" means, and this ALSO means they will come and ask me why their battery kaput so quickly.

It's like you say why buy a BMW when Audi has Quattro and a much more powerful engine. Why pay for iDrive when VW throws in navigation for free. Navigation, check. Bluetooth, check. Voice commands, check. But if you have never used, you'll never know that iDrive is still superior.

The exact reason why I started using iphone was because my sis was using it. Then everybody around me started using iphone. Then my extended family, clan, classmates...etc, all started using iphone. Back then, I had no idea what is the difference between itune and app store. I didn't even know what is app.

Till today, I still don't know what the fark is facetime and imessage. I only know got many people kpkb imessage activation need pay money for overseas sms. I also can never figure out what is ipod+nike. I still do not know how to reject a phone call, even though my friend taught my once few years back. Most importantly, I am still amazed by the fact that in 2012, I cannot drag and drop photos and songs into the phone. Sounds like a major PITA?

Don't laugh at me, because my story is real and I am an iphone fan who has used 4 iphones. I am the type that will wait in front of computer to pre order.

See the link? No matter which system, some users sure will have problem.

I bought BMW because I couldn't afford the A6 quattro. My low budget could only afford A5 sportback quattro, but that was a little too hard and harsh for me. Serious, no joke.

Iphone 5

detach8;892019 said:

thanks. dat has promoted me to the aunty status. yeah. i am buying an iphone 5 because i want a phone that serves me. not to tweak and squeeze the max juice from. actually, dats not such a bad thing. apologies to the more tech savy tai khors and tai jies here who use androids.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back