Iphone 5

Re: Iphone 5

google map zai

Hold your horses. Don't upgrade yet. Review from a local mobile shop...

Our initial review of iOS 6 yields less positive results in Singapore. For those who haven't upgraded, we do not recommend upgrading yet!

The new Maps with Tom Tom data does not have traffic information. The turn-by-turn navigation is still sub-par and gives poor routes. Unlike a real GPS it does not re-calculate on a route change. Oh, also, don't forget to download the YouTube app from the App Store - it's no longer in iOS 6. Looks like Apple is taking Google to war.

Facebook integration is also somewhat scary; it downloads all the information to your contact list so now you see your friend's profile pictures in your address book.

View attachment 41610

Last edited by a moderator:

Update from the same thread:

Update: The turn-by-turn and route re-calculation feature is lacking on the iPhone 4 that we tested on (same goes for 3GS). If you are using the 4S it looks like it will do turn-by-turn, route recalculation, 3D maps, etc. Still, no traffic info. This is a deliberate change by Apple away from Google since Google is now a competitor. It will take them some time to get the data.

detach8;895712 said:
Update from the same thread:

turn by turn needs Siri integration. else it's just "demo" on the routing. on my new iPad (iPad3), it has voice navigation whereas on my iPhone 4, it just shows you the route.

Iphone 5

Ios6 no YouTube?

ios6 need to download youtube app. It is free...but user interface very different to me.

iphone 5 can read email from idrive?

My iphone 4s only read sms but not email from idrive, weird.

The Q for iphone5 was crazy at parkway parade this morning...all Telco sales hit the roof.

can't stand those iphone black market sellers...

Iphone 5

Make big profit leh

pReTeNd3r;896882 said:
Make big profit leh

all these flippers got so many sets, ppl who genuinely want it can't get ...
there are so many channels you could get from it this time... hope all flippers got screwed and sell at cost...

i was at MBS yesterday.. spent 3 hrs to get the fone, abt 20 mins in the Q b4 i get into the hall and find a seat.. singtel not really effective man.. at least get some showgirls to chit chat wif us if u wanna make us wait so long :/

SapphireSpite;896844 said:
Anyone here did line up for iPhone 5? :eek:

May get iPod touch 5 though

FC888;896893 said:
i was at MBS yesterday.. spent 3 hrs to get the fone, abt 20 mins in the Q b4 i get into the hall and find a seat.. singtel not really effective man.. at least get some showgirls to chit chat wif us if u wanna make us wait so long :/

Okay lah, not too bad 3hrs, I heard some like overnight D:

You can't blame the flippers. There's demand, there's supply. The chinese market is asking in the range of S$1400-1500 for each iPhone.

If I get my hands on 2 iPhones from Apple, I will also sell one at a crazy profit. On the first day of launch shops were buying 16GB sets at $1200. That's a $200 profit (20%) !!!

Iphone 5

FC888;896893 said:

Got mine today at MBS, whole experience less than 20 mins. Hehe...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868app
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back