Khang Auto

Re: Khang Auto

Congrats and happy new year

kenntona;722985 said:
Example - PML car, after 3 years, where can the car get extended warranty? Boss? BVO? J4C?

You sure there was an alternative to TWM?

PML offers extended warranty up to 5th year or 100,000km whichever comes first. For 335i, the cost of extending the warranty is $4,200. Is it worth paying for the extended warranty from PML? I requested for a lower price since my mileage is less than 10,000km a year. Awaiting their new quote.

ktnpl;723494 said:
PML offers extended warranty up to 5th year or 100,000km whichever comes first. For 335i, the cost of extending the warranty is $4,200. Is it worth paying for the extended warranty from PML? I requested for a lower price since my mileage is less than 10,000km a year. Awaiting their new quote.

like what Kenn posted earlier, is there an alternative?? think nobody want to go the TWM way rite now even if they clear up the matter.....PML seems safer and LL....the only route left or else ownself save the 4k and keep fingers crossed. most bros prefer to pay the amount for piece of mind, like hedging against what might happen, touch wood, in the 5th year. only thing right now, like what u mentioned, is bargain for lower quote lo....:dance:

$4k is a small sum to pay considering what can go wrong.

but i guess u have to stay stock and keep the car till 5th year

but that's a seperate topic from the intent of this thread.

Off topic !

:offtopic:

ktnpl;723494 said:

The question isn't just bout whether it is worth it or not, but it also points to the fact that this is the better way of doing it. Much like I said before, buying extended warranty from Harvey Norman.

OK.. the numbers..4.2k for 2years. Questions I would think of are :
1. Am I going to drive the car for another 2 years. Even if I don't, I can perhaps sell the car easier after 1year of extended warranty period.
2. Do I clock a lot of mileage per year ( you raised it too)
3. 4200 amortized over 2 years is like $5.75 per day. Sounds very acceptable?

It's entirely up to you. The key is at least , it makes better sense.

At least PML isn't gonna close shop... Not in near term judging their profit margin per car sold is S$50,000.

How come now we r singing praises of PML? Once upon a time we were cursing them....

Dun let one or two incidents make us turn way from PIs lah. Costs savings with dodgy warranty over half farked warranty with AEs may still justify u getting from PI. A Warranty is still a warranty. Small stuff/problems lan lan spend own money. Go to workshop for major stuff. You already saved a lot in car costs.

Depends on which car. When I bought my IS250 I wanted to buy the extended warranty as I was worried about the encapsulated engine and heat soak. 125k's and 5.5 years later I am glad I never had to.

MW;723654 said:

their report is not entirely the most accurate. I've been on site to retrieve my car already. The 20 over cars reported were after some owners collected already. I was there and hung around for 4 hours waiting for the tow truck to pick up my car. My ecu has been ripped out of my car. Maybe some disgruntled workers wanna sell it to make money. Too bad it can't be use out of the car.

There were 2 7series. One CLK. one s class. A Volvo xc90. Volvo s80. A few 3 series. An Estima. Even a yet to be registered 5 series. Ya, got a range rover 4.8hse. Oh, got Audi q5 or q7. Got jaguar. Got a 335. Got many many many more which I can't even be bothered to remember. The total worth of the cars inside easily worth $10m. All secured by a $20 padlock.

The landlord just assumed the responsibility of all the vehicles by exercising its right of lien over the vehicles. Landlord thinks that holding the cars will force Khang to give in and pay up rent. Simple logic dictates that Khang doesn't give a shit. But landlord believes that it will work. So they take over the customers' cars to hold Khang ransom. Since they are deriving benefit from withholding our vehicles, they should pay for it. I don't mind renting it to them to help them fulfil their objective. Except that fair rental of my vehicle is about $850 a day. Along with other vehicles they holding. Might get expensive.

How did u manage to get ur car back?

The workers are farkers

holy shit ... i can't imagine the workers 'rip off' whatever valuable parts from the car as 'return' for their unpaid salary ...
this give me a good lesson that i always have the idea to leave the car in a workshop for 3+ days job while i went for a short holiday

Last edited by a moderator:

Internet search reveals the director name as Raymond Khang, not some Peter King...

rule of thumb: never buy package deals from pte ltd companies..unless regulated by a higher goverment authority

The landlord who retained the vehicles aren't using their brains. And the lawyers aren't advising them of the right things to do. They think that they are forever dealing with idiots and stupid car owners. Unfortunately, they met me. And I know some of other cars' owners inside. The landlord should have checked who some of the owners of the cars are.

They are in for a show. The landlord is releasing cars based on which owner is causing them more problems.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sv88prof

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back