Khang Auto

Re: Khang Auto

Wow. If they remove the car engine... Then the owner seow liao loh? Buy new engine from AD or buy from landlord?

Hope my advise was useful to bros here.

The other bros who haven't gotten their cars back very poor thing. Khang coy registered with paid up capital of S$1, all the cars will kena auction off.

Th cars can't be auctioned off just like that. The title of the cars are the owners', not the landlord. Don't create unnecessary panic.

E90koh;723833 said:
Hope my advise was useful to bros here.

The other bros who haven't gotten their cars back very poor thing. Khang coy registered with paid up capital of S$1, all the cars will kena auction off.

I think its wrong of the landlord to get the customers involved in the dispute, its almost like the loansharks who vandalises the neighbouring homes.

diablo_728;723839 said:
I think its wrong of the landlord to get the customers involved in the dispute, its almost like the loansharks who vandalises the neighbouring homes.

You're very wrong. This service contract they have is not enforceable. I have had some exchanges with their lawyers. And I find their work to be less than satisfactory. In fact, I am of the opinion that the lawyers are not fully protecting the interest of the landlord, despite their intention to do so. A haphazardly prepare release form of the vehicles, that could again potentially land them into a lot of trouble again.

Just a quick check, you guys here know who the landlord is right?

Stat board right? If so, I believe they will release the vehicles once the rightful owner drop in to claim their vehciles with proof of ownership.

what if some cars went missing, who is to be responsible? sure push here push there.

hope i not creating panics

DebadgedA6;723836 said:
Th cars can't be auctioned off just like that. The title of the cars are the owners', not the landlord. Don't create unnecessary panic.

Bro, you are lucky to have your car back. If my scenario creates unnecessary panic, then I hope existing cars there should test the response time and see when they will be released. you are living in your dreamland to think they will not auction off the cars. Having the cars there already alot of loss of use and threat of lost parts or damaged cars. If their lawyers successfully apply to court to seal off the place, you think you will not panic!?!?

DebadgedA6;724045 said:
You're very wrong. This service contract they have is not enforceable. I have had some exchanges with their lawyers. And I find their work to be less than satisfactory. In fact, I am of the opinion that the lawyers are not fully protecting the interest of the landlord, despite their intention to do so. A haphazardly prepare release form of the vehicles, that could again potentially land them into a lot of trouble again.

Who is the landlord?

DebadgedA6;724045 said:

precisely i am trying to say that landlord is involving innocent bystanders the way loansharks bully the neighbours of the guy who owes money.

Hi guys,

I also got a 2 years warranty with them, have sent my car in on 16 nov 2011, finally took it back 5 weeks later; only happened after i have to say that 'im going to report police" if they don't return my car. So i got it back with nothing fixed. Now im still having issues with my car.

Pls also include me in the list (i added in below)
Let's try to get our $ back.. Thanks guys.

naixial

Monfreeze Archangel;720825 said:
Yes Bro,

I also went by today...and could not get to see the BOSS or even the person is charge....many angry customers. We should find a way around this. I too have another year of so called warranty from them. If they cant provide the service, then it is only faitr that a refund is provided. Agree that if possible we get a list started and discuss how to move forward.

TWM Warranty Member List:

1. angbrian
2. a1vin1981
3. Monfreeze
4. naixial

Not trying to act cool here. But the landlord offered to release my car on some terms. I didn't agree and wanted them to keep holding on to my car. So, I'm not panicky. And I'm not in dreamland. There's NO way they can auction off your car. They can possibly hold off returning your car but that's also trouble for them.

E90koh;724086 said:
Bro, you are lucky to have your car back. If my scenario creates unnecessary panic, then I hope existing cars there should test the response time and see when they will be released. you are living in your dreamland to think they will not auction off the cars. Having the cars there already alot of loss of use and threat of lost parts or damaged cars. If their lawyers successfully apply to court to seal off the place, you think you will not panic!?!?

Sorry, can someone with the appropriate legal expertise advise on the rights of the landlord on the cars held in the compound - can the landlord really auction off the cars?

Please be sure - not "I think so" or "I heard" kind of answers.

Two words...

Usually Cannot.

UNLESS...contract between landlord and tenant says Landlord can do whatever is necessary to get rental arrears. Car owners/banks retain legal rights to the cars but landlord can dun care and let the tenant take the rap. This is if nobody objects and Landlord quietly does it. But in this case, many of the owners have raised objections and/or demanded return of their cars..thus making it very difficult for the landlord to auction off anything, except parts which are NOT in the car. Which is why I voiced out my concern as to why are people still coming in here to form a BBQ group and not do wat debadgedA6 did..to soot every mother's son in the chain.

Legal rights are one thing, Definitive action is another..

Consider a zebra crossing... A pedestrian can legally walk over and not be afraid of being banged..and a driver is legally bound to stop. But wat if he cheongs through and kills a pedestrian? Are you going to sit by the roadside and argue over legalities after things happen? Best action is the pedestrian looks left and right even though he has a legal right to cross and not form a support group and discuss wat are his rights after being banged

Last edited by a moderator:

When I read this, I must say that it is indeed a horror story. I must thank my tardiness, without which I could have signed up a warranty package with them and got into this mess. Drove past their yard this morning and it looked like business as usual, gate not locked anymore.

MW said:
Two words...

Usually Cannot.

UNLESS...contract between landlord and tenant says Landlord can do whatever is necessary to get rental arrears. Car owners/banks retain legal rights to the cars but landlord can dun care and let the tenant take the rap. This is if nobody objects and Landlord quietly does it. But in this case, many of the owners have raised objections and/or demanded return of their cars..thus making it very difficult for the landlord to auction off anything, except parts which are NOT in the car. Which is why I voiced out my concern as to why are people still coming in here to form a BBQ group and not do wat debadgedA6 did..to soot every mother's son in the chain.

Legal rights are one thing, Definitive action is another..

Consider a zebra crossing... A pedestrian can legally walk over and not be afraid of being banged..and a driver is legally bound to stop. But wat if he cheongs through and kills a pedestrian? Are you going to sit by the roadside and argue over legalities after things happen? Best action is the pedestrian looks left and right even though he has a legal right to cross and not form a support group and discuss wat are his rights after being banged

Best advice so far. Actionable and forward looking.

Are u speaking as CamGirl or Kenntona?

If my tenant defaults on apartment rent, can I lock in his girlfriend until he pays up? :D

MW, I like your responses. Always constructive and objective.

Warranty Balance and claims

Guys, for those of you who wants to claim back your warranty balance, you can try. It will be Kar Engineering Pte Ltd that you are targeting. Mostly you will do well through Small Claims (below $10k). You can probably start a class action to get things moving. Bitching on the forums and collecting user-ids doesn't count. I have outstanding warranty with them. But I personally do not care about it. The chances you get anything out of Kar Engineering at this point in time when they are undergoing solvency are second to nil. If they have any money left and brought to court, you will get paid last.

Cars stuck in workshop

For those whose cars are stuck in workshop, trust me, they won't go up to you and try to push the cars back to you. They might. After I taught them a lesson on the liabilities that they are holding. You have to give them pain. And let them know that you are not one to be trifled with. Sure they can use your car (mine too) as betting chips and leverage against Kar Engineering to get their monies back. I can lend them the car. For a fee. And that they take reasonable care of the car while in their possession. But since they are deriving a benefit out of my car, it's only fair that they remunerate me for it. And since they lost parts of my car while it was 'used' by them, I expect them to pay me back.

In short, make noise. Call them (the landlord). Report police. Call newspapers. Call MPs. Tell LTA. Call your finance company. Inform the insurance company. Call your lawyers. Get in touch with Wong Partnership, the landlord's representative lawyers. Demand, demand, demand. Again, bitching on this forum doesn't count. I have had the newspaper cover the news and they have posted photos of my car being towed out of the premises. Let's see if they can take any more...

Can? Ok, I am buying shares of the landlord. The landlord is a listed company. After I buy shares, I will be attending the AGM and questioning them of a contingent liability of $544k. And what steps they are taking to re-cover it. Or to write off. Their response would be in the lines of "engaging a lawyer to sue for recovery of monies", "locking up their customers' cars", negotiating the directors of Kar Engineering...

Wait a minute. Locking up the cars? What cars? Do they belong to you? Or Kar Engineering? Do you think Kar Engineering (a solvent company) would care about it? Did you take into account the face value of the cars locked up and the general liabilities that you are undertaking? Are you weighing the liabilities of "$10m" lockup to secure a $544k bad debt? Did you take fair and reasonable care in ensuring the security of the cars while under your care? Did you consider the impact of the public appearance that you lack proper "public governance" in such a move? No, no, no, no, no, no, no and no. They are in so much shit they don't even realise. Sorry for them that it's my car that happens to be locked up. I am sure there will be a lot of people whom they can trample over and lock up the cars without much of a care. But it's me.

A lot of shares allows me to appoint 2 proxies to attend the AGM. I have 4 lawyers queueing up to take their shot at this case. It's interesting, probably hasn't happened before. And looks good in their portfolio for having handled such an unprecedented civil case before.

I am not trying to be anal here but guys, I can't illustrate how important it is for you to bring your demands to the table and make it known to the landlord. You HAVE to demand. Else their claim will be that you did not care enough to make demands, and thus was of the reasonable assumption that you could have decided to abandon your car in their premises.

Go get them. :biggun:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88prof

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back