Khang Auto

Re: Khang Auto

Sorry I'm not talking about legal possibility in my above post, but business possibility in this small island of ours.

They can open KanMeeKhang Workshop. Same principle as Hitmee

File a complaint with CAD that Khang Auto cheat ur $$.

Instead of looking from Judge or Victim, why don't we think like conman? How can we con Tua Kang?

Define cheat..........

The following actions have been (will be) taken to secure the release of my vehicle, on my schedule. Not theirs:

1. Police case (civil case, not criminal, probably won't get anywhere but important for step 2).
2. Call media. Checking which paper wants to cover this story.
3. Sent email to Wong Partnership. Follow up with Hand delivered letter. Demanding for:
a. Compensation for the loss of use.
b. Indemnity against damage to vehicles and theft while in their unauthorised possession.
c. Setting a date and time to retrieve the vehicle.
4. Engaging a lawyer to contact Wong directly.
5. Call finance company (since they have an interest in the vehicle.
6. Call Insurer, to let them know that the vehicle is not in my possession.
7. Inform LTA, to tell them that the vehicle is not in my possession. Maybe can waive road tax since it's not on public roads. :p
8. Writing in this forum to document.

Anybody else' cars in their possession can PM me, we get in touch to see how we can help each other and co-ordinate independent action.

Another piece of advice guys, don't play hooligan.

kenntona;722580 said:
Define cheat..........
The directors know that they are not able to provide the stipulated coverage but continue to sell more coverage.

31 December. Police v busy. Peter King partying at Sentonsa.
Park two lorries at their main gate. Block the view of public. Break lock and open gate.
Find power mains. Cut power supply. Cut alarm. Cut CCTV.

Life goes on.....

MapleLeaf;722598 said:
Park two lorries at their main gate. Block the view of public. Break lock and open gate.

Life goes on.....

later u kena cut kkj..

MW;722502 said:
To answer Ken's questions....yes and no.

Yes they can start Dung Auto

No, there is no legal loophole. Anyone can start a pte ltd company so long as ACRA allows. Its up to the creditors to object. The best way is to make the director(s) bankkrupt, then legally cannot start any company unless with exceptions. Without this and barring fraud/white collar criminal activites..the directors of Khang Auto can start Kan Hitmee's Kar Chng Khang Auto, Tua Pao Xian Auto, CB Khang Auto etc etc

bankrupt also no use.....i know alot of companies use frontman or their wives as director to open new co.....end of the day also LL..

what happens when u take ur car out but inside no engine?

davidtch said:
The directors know that they are not able to provide the stipulated coverage but continue to sell more coverage.

First, how to prove that ? You can prove failure to deliver but you cannot prove prior knowledge of failure to deliver on their part.

Second, the documentation that PI or warranty holders signed, assumes that Khang/TWM will be a going concern.

MapleLeaf;722598 said:

Life goes on.....
Sounds like Italian Job.

MW;722529 said:
The possibilities are infinite and we can list them down till 2017 when my COE expire. Irrelevant

sszone;722604 said:
bankrupt also no use.....i know alot of companies use frontman or their wives as director to open new co.....end of the day also LL..

My answer to you is above......

diablo_728;722412 said:
let me share a view, few years bk i bght a e65 740 used import, came with a twm warranty,(just started) the dealer told me he paid 800 for it, now hving owned a e65 730 from PML, i know that changing brake pads at pml cost abt 700, so what warranty can 3rd party offer on a 7 series having taken a payment of 800 and consider the fact that they didnt profit from the sale. Thus i knew TWM is crap. couldnt be bother with the terms like going back to thier workshop etc. Just took it i bght a used car w/o warranty.

agree, that was the point i was trying to say earlier with them trying to run the biz like an insurance co collecting premium while the actual claim rate would be inevitably that high. hence, something sibei wrong with their biz model.

imagine pay $1000 per year.....owner just need to claim 1 or 2 time a year then lose out liao.
if claim something bigger, confirm loss then.
hence, how to be feasible or sustainable?

kenntona;722606 said:
First, how to prove that ? You can prove failure to deliver but you cannot prove prior knowledge of failure to deliver on their part.

Second, the documentation that PI or warranty holders signed, assumes that Khang/TWM will be a going concern.
For 1st point, get a copy Khang financial statements from ACRA. The financial trouble may not be sudden 1.

For 2nd point, since PI were given the relevant documentation of TWM, these PI are deemed to be representative of Khang. If TWM is not going concern, it should stop its rep from continuing to sell policy.

not necessarily lah. Think volume and also last time people sell away cars before or immediately after warranty expire so the "losses" are "acceptable" or make huge profit..but not now, since COE sibeh high

The warranty is transferable and follow the car...Last time viable becos COE keep dropping and newly less than 3/4 years cars are exported but when they start selling warranty at unbelievable price for conti cars older than 3 years old...Its a business model waiting to fail or plan to run road soon.

davidtch said:
For 1st point, get a copy Khang financial statements from ACRA. The financial trouble may not be sudden 1.

You cannot infer failure to deliver from income statements. A company which is doing badly can still take orders and deliver forward.

In your perspective, you could have used the financial statements from ACRA to determine the credit risks of Khang BEFORE you buy TWM's warranties, but that's your onus. Does any company need to take its business projections into account when they take orders?

davidtch said:
For 2nd point, since PI were given the relevant documentation of TWM, these PI are deemed to be representative of Khang. If TWM is not going concern, it should stop its rep from continuing to sell policy.

PIs were never representatives of Khang.

For new cars, PI bought the warranty from TWM. You can say they priced in the warranty into the purchase price, but you could also say they throw in the warranty as part of the agreement. But you cannot say PIs SOLD the warranties.

For extended warranties, different issue. Workshops are TWM's distributors.

In both cases, their relationships with Khang is purely agency, not principal.

they also thot that conti cars wun break down one. Stupid, never join BMW forum, if not they will know BMW sibeh juay tai chi one...even on the day of collecting new car from PML can break down one..

anyway, i think all our talk aside.
the pressing matter is perhaps for the bros whose cars are still inside to group together and start a collective action to retrieve back their rides, hire a lawyer or something. sure beats sitting then, LL and let them ruin your coming CNY.
someone go start a thread or something for cars stuck@Khang

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubetgenin

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back