KW V2 coilover for F10

Re: KW V2 coilover for F10

It's when the wheel drops into a pothole that the springs will uncompress and maybe be dangling ....... maybe can hoist the car up and when the wheels drop down, see if the spring are ok.

wt_know;1020853 said:
pre-stress spring and some called helper spring

1. to prevent the main spring from coming off its seat (as explained by jason) because for slamdown ride the spring is wide open and may not tightly secured by the purple ring

2. to prevent bottom out for slamdown ride especially go through pot holes

good suggestion :thumbsup:

Red_Bean_Bun;1020933 said:
It's when the wheel drops into a pothole that the springs will uncompress and maybe be dangling ....... maybe can hoist the car up and when the wheels drop down, see if the spring are ok.

sian ...
experince creaking sound at the rear whenever going up mscp especially hdb type. shopping mall those with big curve like imm is ok
the creaking sound is caused by the spring sitting on each other due to ride height that the spring compressed too much. if lower by another 0.5inch should be no problem. front also got clunking sound if go over hump abit fast especially turning right (carpark again) the notorius carpark hump is the jurong point basement carpark

Last edited by a moderator:

to avoid the sound i go up slope so slow that car behind thought i just attain my license and scare the car not enough power and reverse from the slope

Have to accept the fact that it is common for coilover to have sound. Increase ur stereo volume and enjoy your ride!

but not every car with coilover got sound. the problem is not low enough. the coilover can lower 25mm-50mm that is why. need to adjust to a sweet spot

wt_know;1032215 said:
but not every car with coilover got sound. the problem is not low enough. the coilover can lower 25mm-50mm that is why. need to adjust to a sweet spot

Agree
My E60 with kw sc dun make any sound.

wt_know;1032203 said:
sian ...
experince creaking sound at the rear whenever going up mscp especially hdb type. shopping mall those with big curve like imm is ok
the creaking sound is caused by the spring sitting on each other due to ride height that the spring compressed too much. if lower by another 0.5inch should be no problem. front also got clunking sound if go over hump abit fast especially turning right (carpark again) the notorius carpark hump is the jurong point basement carpark

Congrats.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I adjusted mine 4 to 5 times till I gave up and accepted it.... Just can't have everything perfect... Stock is the best, only can blame my backside itchy to go for the slam down look.

I have not noticed noise on my v3 yet. I have learned not to listen closely for noise in the car because usually they are hard to or cannot be fixed.

If it's spring coils rubbing, maybe can use some soft hose and wrap it around the ends of the coil (where it is most close together). Can prevent them directly rubbing against each other during compression.

kw coilover come with rubber hose wrapping around the spring near the strut mount
my issue is the spring that near the purple ring nut
i can see the spring is touching each other near the purple ring nut
will pose picture later

i can live with the sound but it is such an embarassment when you have passenger at the rear
when you go up slope and turn, it has a creak (like metal-to-metal) sound
the passenger comment ... walao ... a bmw 5-series got sound like that ... better send in for servicing check

the bragging right of a brand new 5-series just gone down the drain
next time going out for lunch i have to act blur err not driving today ... can tumpang :lol:

douggie;1032273 said:
I have not noticed noise on my v3 yet. I have learned not to listen closely for noise in the car because usually they are hard to or cannot be fixed.

If it's spring coils rubbing, maybe can use some soft hose and wrap it around the ends of the coil (where it is most close together). Can prevent them directly rubbing against each other during compression.

wt_know;1032274 said:
kw coilover come with rubber hose wrapping around the end near the strut
my issue is the spring that near the purple ring nut
i can see the spring is touching each other near the purple ring nut
will pose picture later

Maybe need to add the other end?

here is the picture

Rear - LEFT (i suspect the noise come from this side)

2zz3g1u.jpg

Rear - RIGHT (unable to decide at the edge end on the opposite and this side looks good)

2w66wi0.jpg

wt_know;1032375 said:
here is the picture

Rear - LEFT (i suspect the noise come from this side)

2zz3g1u.jpg

Rear - RIGHT (unable to decide at the edge end on the opposite and this side looks good)

2w66wi0.jpg

I think both sides are possible cos they are the same.

View attachment 54751

Just that you can see the part that can rub on the spring seat on left side

View attachment 54752

But right side also can BUA , just that the part is not visible to you from the outside, its on the inside of the strut.

my super sonic sensitive ears tell me the sound comes from the LEFT ... lol
anyway, probably going to adjust the rear 2-3mm down (about 1-2 turns) for both sides and see how it goes

wt_know;1032386 said:
my super sonic sensitive ears tell me the sound comes from the LEFT ... lol
anyway, probably going to adjust the rear 2-3mm down (about 1-2 turns) for both sides and see how it goes

Sure you correct cos you drive it and listen to the sound everytime.

Strip a part my door trim yesterday to try eliminate a ticking sound even going over uneven road but found nothing loose.
After a while still hear the sound then i try to push the B column and rear door trim back tight then the sound gone.

I can understand this PEK CHEK feeling of hearing such noise.

Mine also have some loose sound. However mine could be rectify .
1) the passenger side seat belt. Can be left knocking at the b pillar.. adjusted it by positioning back to the seat.
2) some creeping sound. Can be rectified by winding down and up the window.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back