KW V2 coilover for F10

Re: KW V2 coilover for F10

ac323;1011783 said:
time for KW DDC.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

KW DCC only available for very few models.
And i think only E92 M3 among BMW for the time being.

Jason8822;1011840 said:
KW DCC only available for very few models.
And i think only E92 M3 among BMW for the time being.

F30 335i have already....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Slow_poke_driver;1011787 said:
I could be wrong, but dynamic drive control is just the sport mode, eco, comfort etc switch.

Dynamic drive is the very expensive option that comes with don't know what active stabilization and active arb...hear say the price can buy 4-5 set of kw v3

EDC is the electronic damper control...or dynamic damper control or something lah. I may not get the names right, but idea is there.

A f10 can have DDC without EDC. Actually most f10 on our roads are like that. How to know if your car has electronic damper?
For older f10 prior to late 2011...if you have normal mode and comfort mode, then you have. If you only have normal then you don't have edc loh.
For later f10...if you have comfort mode AND comfort+ mode, then you have. Otherwise if you only have comfort mode, then don't have edc.

Correct for most part except the very expensive option that includes active stabilisation and softening of the EDC depending on road conditions and driver input is called Adaptive Drive as wt_know mentioned.
If have this system only then you will get COMFORT + in your DDC menu, otherwise most will get only COMFORT.
Adaptive is the system that comprise the EDC (adjustable damper) and Dynamic Drive (arb thing)

I am very interested in the Dynamic Drive part whereby it is said to be an ARB cut in half with a motor in between that twist the ARB in the oppostie direction that your car will twist it during a corner - counter the cornering force.

ac323;1011845 said:
F30 335i have already....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

None for F10 yet right ?
Pls let us know when its out, MW say he will be the first to test it ....

are u going to track the car or drive it hard most of the time? Just curious cos u all sound like u are preparing to hoot the car gao gao.. damn scary.

I only go from one point to another point in luxury..dunno simi DDC or DCC or ERP or PIE

U guys make me very tempted to bring my F10 to the 28 Jul track day whack my passive M sport susp see how it performs. Dare not hoot my F10 yet. Skali I crash it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason8822;1011849 said:
None for F10 yet right ?
Pls let us know when its out, MW say he will be the first to test it ....

523i no need DDC.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;1011883 said:
523i no need DDC.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

His is 555, not 523 ok.

MW;1011850 said:
are u going to track the car or drive it hard most of the time? Just curious cos u all sound like u are preparing to hoot the car gao gao.. damn scary.

I only go from one point to another point in luxury..dunno simi DDC or DCC or ERP or PIE
Since cars are so expensive in Sg, it must be loot till kao kao. Otherwise, boh hua.

It is like when u order for expensive chicken, must loot it till exhausted.

:D

Jason8822;1011847 said:
Correct for most part except the very expensive option that includes active stabilisation and softening of the EDC depending on road conditions and driver input is called Adaptive Drive as wt_know mentioned.
If have this system only then you will get COMFORT + in your DDC menu, otherwise most will get only COMFORT. By
Adaptive is the system that comprise the EDC (adjustable damper) and Dynamic Drive (arb thing)

I am very interested in the Dynamic Drive part whereby it is said to be an ARB cut in half with a motor in between that twist the ARB in the oppostie direction that your car will twist it during a corner - counter the cornering force.

2011 BMW 550i (F10) Active Roll Stabilization Initialization - YouTube

davidtch;1011906 said:
Since cars are so expensive in Sg, it must be loot till kao kao. Otherwise, boh hua.

It is like when u order for expensive chicken, must loot it till exhausted.

:D

E chickens I ordered r usually dead n cooked.

wt_know;1011567 said:
today sent in the car to install the pre-stressed spring
after installed the pre-stressed spring i find the ride is actually harsher
look at the pre-stressed spring being compressed almost back-to-back and yet the car height is still below my expectation
at the end ask the workshop to remove the pre-stressed spring and redo to original setting
collect my car at 8pm. the guys working OT on my car to get it done
i thank the workshop (it's FOC btw) and probably going for another mod liao ... the dark force is sibei strong :lol:

9u2h40.jpg

Had a chance to take a look today and I saw that yes, mine has the pre-stressed springs installed as well. Just FYI

Can test drive boh!!!

douggie;1016044 said:
Had a chance to take a look today and I saw that yes, mine has the pre-stressed springs installed as well. Just FYI

Curious -- if you take out the pre-stressed string, does the main spring have any load at all? Or issit like dangling?

detach8;1020839 said:
Curious -- if you take out the pre-stressed string, does the main spring have any load at all? Or issit like dangling?

Won't be dangling.
With or without pre stress spring the main spring is under the same load.
The car will be even lower (assume you dun adjust the seat ring upward)

The pre stress spring is meant to be completely / almost completely compressed under normal condition.
Only when your car is on the rebound up after a hump or ridge then this spring comes into action.
It stretches and prevent the main spring from coming off its seat

pre-stress spring and some called helper spring

1. to prevent the main spring from coming off its seat (as explained by jason) because for slamdown ride the spring is wide open and may not tightly secured by the purple ring

2. to prevent bottom out for slamdown ride especially go through pot holes

detach8;1020839 said:

I'm curious too. Thinking about taking it out and try, since bro wt_know has removed it and he says it's less harsh. I assume his car is still Ok :)

aiya ... why so itchy want to remove it ... if already installed then continue la unless there is an issue
to me ... the pre stress spring does not matter much because my ride is not slamdown
if slamdown, pre stress or helper spring is critical
my ride is high (2.5 fingers front, 2.25 fingers rear) the pre stress spring make it more complicated nia
the main spring is already quite compressed and secured liao to push up and support the car :D
hence, the purpose and benefit of pre stress spring is less relevant in my case

look at the 1st purple ring nut position ... it's hardly 1/2 way down the threads ...

9u2h40.jpg

douggie;1020900 said:
I'm curious too. Thinking about taking it out and try, since bro wt_know has removed it and he says it's less harsh. I assume his car is still Ok :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mine is not slam down also. 2 fingers front and back. So the thing also useless like deadweight.

wt_know;1020901 said:
aiya ... why so itchy want to remove it ... if already installed then continue la unless there is an issue
to me ... the pre stress spring does not matter much because my ride is not slamdown
if slamdown, pre stress or helper spring is critical
my ride is high (2.5 fingers front, 2.25 fingers rear) the pre stress spring make it more complicated nia
the main spring is already quite compressed and secured liao to push up and support the car :D
hence, the purpose and benefit of pre stress spring is less relevant in my case

look at the 1st purple ring nut position ... it's hardly 1/2 way down the threads ...

9u2h40.jpg

Agree
If your car not lowered much, then this spring is of not much use

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debetdomains

Latest posts