Let's talk stocks & IPO

Re: Let's talk stocks & IPO

wah cosco ah!!

Rumours of bad results coming out and also one house's research dept made a technical buy call last week. The counter started going down immediately after their buy call.
Muahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

wa can buy?? cheong ah.... obama side like not bad leh

Can any guru tell me what stock to long/short for tomorrow and Wednesday?

kenntona;668383 said:
Can any guru tell me what stock to long/short for tomorrow and Wednesday?

Can make goondu call? Do nothing tomorrow and wed..... feel its damn hard to trade now...not sure if its just me or the shares i am looking at......

toiletsiao said:
Can make goondu call? Do nothing tomorrow and wed..... feel its damn hard to trade now...not sure if its just me or the shares i am looking at......
Actually that's a good call.

Before this two days, the recommendation is to short cash long vols and reverse it tomorrow.

Index and volume is up but retail participation is low. Looks like its mainly funds and traders in the market only.

rodders;668393 said:
Index and volume is up but retail participation is low. Looks like its mainly funds and traders in the market only.

Too much uncertainties for a retail investor to stomach..

ipoh-horfun;668361 said:
wah cosco ah!!

beware lah... the drop in cosco can be due to financial trouble @ SEVAN

Sevan secures loan lifeline - Upstream Online

OilVoice | Sevan Marine Seek Debt Restructuring

COSCO has at least a billion dollar worth of contracts from SEVAN marine .. things can turn downright ugly if Sevan decides to cancel the projects with COSCO..

COSCO's recent SEVAN contract
S'pore-listed COSCO secures Sevan rig contract - Channel NewsAsia

if the orderbook strank the market will revalue COSCO's shareprice again.......the above contract pushed COSCO to $2.20 from $1.80 in May if i nv remember wrongly

I think since STI is near the peak of 3250 so today and tmr shd be offload day....

toiletsiao;668406 said:
beware lah... the drop in cosco can be due to financial trouble @ SEVAN

Sevan secures loan lifeline - Upstream Online

OilVoice | Sevan Marine Seek Debt Restructuring

COSCO has at least a billion dollar worth of contracts from SEVAN marine .. things can turn downright ugly if Sevan decides to cancel the projects with COSCO..

COSCO's recent SEVAN contract
S'pore-listed COSCO secures Sevan rig contract - Channel NewsAsia

if the orderbook strank the market will revalue COSCO's shareprice again.......the above contract pushed COSCO to $2.20 from $1.80 in May if i nv remember wrongly

buy on fear ma... bo-ji meh ?

ipoh-horfun;668436 said:

True... It is a question of at what price... Today market so good yet cosco still negative... I wouldn't be in a rush to buy cosco.. It's weak relative to a good market...

ipoh-horfun said:
toiletsiao said:
True... It is a question of at what price... Today market so good yet cosco still negative... I wouldn't be in a rush to buy cosco.. It's weak relative to a good market...
Relative weakness against a ultra-strong market is a sign of cracking........

Not a matter of wu-ji or boh-ji, but such price actions are very indicative of changing fundamentals.

Changing fundamentals + ugly technicals = no reason to look into this stock, whether new long positions or averaging down.

Unless, of course, you are so loaded in this stock you need someone else to bail you out .......

Cosco at 1.69 now. Heng I boh-ji to buy this morning.

Wah..rumours really choon choon char bee hoon wor....

17:41 01Aug11 RTRS-Singapore-listed COSCO Corp says Q2 net profit down 53 pct
SINGAPORE, Aug 1 (Reuters) - Singapore-listed Chinese shipbuilder COSCO Corp reported a 53 percent fall in its second quarter net profit on Monday, saying it was hurt by lower contributions from dry bulk shipping and shipyard operations as well as higher income tax.
The firm posted net profit of S$31.9 million ($26.6 million) for the three months ended June, down from S$68.4 million a year earlier.
"The group maintains a cautious outlook for 2011 as the global economy remains fragile and its recovery uneven with growing concerns over the sovereign debt crisis in Europe and other places," COSCO said in a statement.
It added that the gradual appreciation of the Chinese yuan against the U.S. dollar, increasing interest rates and a potential wage hike in China, as well as greater raw material prices, may weigh on the operating margins of its shipyard operations.

rodders;668715 said:
Wah..rumours really choon choon char bee hoon wor....

17:41 01Aug11 RTRS-Singapore-listed COSCO Corp says Q2 net profit down 53 pct
SINGAPORE, Aug 1 (Reuters) - Singapore-listed Chinese shipbuilder COSCO Corp reported a 53 percent fall in its second quarter net profit on Monday, saying it was hurt by lower contributions from dry bulk shipping and shipyard operations as well as higher income tax.
The firm posted net profit of S$31.9 million ($26.6 million) for the three months ended June, down from S$68.4 million a year earlier.
"The group maintains a cautious outlook for 2011 as the global economy remains fragile and its recovery uneven with growing concerns over the sovereign debt crisis in Europe and other places," COSCO said in a statement.
It added that the gradual appreciation of the Chinese yuan against the U.S. dollar, increasing interest rates and a potential wage hike in China, as well as greater raw material prices, may weigh on the operating margins of its shipyard operations.

DEAD CAT Bounce?

I doubt the dead cat will be able to bounce today.

U.S. factory growth slows, casts shadow on economy
U.S. manufacturing grew at its slowest pace in two years in July as new orders contracted, casting doubt on expectations the faltering recovery would quickly regain steam. ISM said its index of national factory activity fell to 50.9, the lowest level since July 2009, from 55.3 in June. Economists had expected a reading of 54.9. Analysts had pinned the slowdown on a confluence of temporary factors, but signs of a pickup are proving elusive. The slowdown in the U.S. factory sector was part of a world-wide trend, with global manufacturing activity expanding at the weakest rate since just after the 2009 recession. A separate report from the Commerce Department showed construction spending advanced 0.2 percent in June, with private construction spending rising 0.8 percent to a seven-month high but public projects dropping 0.7 percent. Meanwhile, the world's manufacturing sector expanded at its weakest pace since July 2009 last month as factories reported shrinking orders for the first time in more than two years, a survey showed.

07:03 02Aug11 RTRS-FXNEWS-ASIA OPEN-Euro stressed, BOJ mulls easing
Euro battered on Tuesday on renewed concerns that the EU sovereign debt crisis is far from over. Troubled outlook for the U.S. and global economies as weak manufacturing data offset the optimism regarding a last-minute U.S. debt deal. [ID:nTOPMACRO] Euro fell almost against everything, dropping to $1.4258 , from a high of $1.4453. It took a nasty spill on the Swissy, hitting an all-time low of 1.1030 Swiss francs , before edging back to 1.1177 francs.
Yields on Italian and Spanish bonds soared above 6 pct on persistent worries about the risk of contagion in the euro zone.

Wah.....Cosco is more chwee than chwee.
Muahahahaha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mu88worl
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back