M5 vs CLS 55 AMG Black

Re: M5 vs CLS 55 AMG Black

My previous M3 was running DMS... very happy with it... but there are certain owners who are also not that happy with DMS. depends on who you ask... but I would recommend them... think you can get another 20 - 30 hp from the M5 and delimit the car...

MRacer77;196646 said:
My previous M3 was running DMS... very happy with it... but there are certain owners who are also not that happy with DMS. depends on who you ask... but I would recommend them... think you can get another 20 - 30 hp from the M5 and delimit the car...

I have not heard anything bad abt them, looking forward to rob tuning mine when he comes. Des, tell me more abt Rob, what he did and what kinda diff it was for u .

shaaz;196668 said:
I have not heard anything bad abt them, looking forward to rob tuning mine when he comes. Des, tell me more abt Rob, what he did and what kinda diff it was for u .

Shaaz - Has Rob contacted you yet? I spoke to Mike and he said Rob (or someone else?) would drop me a line. Are they affiliated to any workshops here? I heard that a similar M5 (owned by the MD of Affinity Capital) has also had his M5 tuned by Rob. Lets do a bulk deal to try and get some discount ?

Harry1;196672 said:
Shaaz - Has Rob contacted you yet? I spoke to Mike and he said Rob (or someone else?) would drop me a line. Are they affiliated to any workshops here? I heard that a similar M5 (owned by the MD of Affinity Capital) has also had his M5 tuned by Rob. Lets do a bulk deal to try and get some discount ?

Espace Andy will liase with Rob, so i was told when he comes i'll make an appoinment with him, for me i need a custom road tune, where he might have ur tuned programme already.

But we can always try for a better deal, I'm in .. hehehe.. :D

shaaz;196676 said:
Espace Andy will liase with Rob, so i was told when he comes i'll make an appoinment with him, for me i need a custom road tune, where he might have ur tuned programme already.

But we can always try for a better deal, I'm in .. hehehe.. :D

ok sounds good.. lets try and do it together then.

shaaz, you want to know what Rob did, you can call me lah... easier to talk over the phone rather than type everything out.

Harry, you should request for a custom tune for your car even if he has a map already... tropical climates may have effect on the performance... might need to adjust for that

MRacer77;196738 said:
shaaz, you want to know what Rob did, you can call me lah... easier to talk over the phone rather than type everything out.

Harry, you should request for a custom tune for your car even if he has a map already... tropical climates may have effect on the performance... might need to adjust for that

share share abit mah pak, so Harry knows or has a rough idea what Rob is capable of.

arrange a kopi session and I will come down and tell everyone lah.. swee boh? too tiring to type lah... you think i wat? writer is it?

MRacer77;196758 said:
arrange a kopi session and I will come down and tell everyone lah.. swee boh? too tiring to type lah... you think i wat? writer is it?

pak ok boleh lah... kopi session is ok with me this weekend. sorry could not make last month's meet up session as overseas. am sending car in for washing this sat, i heard that there is a place at Sin Ming that does quite a good job?

Yes - thanks for the advice - will definetly ask Rob to do a custom tailor program. He will be able to tune the car on the spot without needing to do any preparatory work in UK?

MRacer77;196758 said:

tonight drinks la

so short notice? you siao ah? Harry say this weekend already lah... you arrange and let me know lah

Harry1;196332 said:
Guys,

Do you know the owner of a black CLS 55 AMG number plate 7? Did a quick sprint with the car along Paterson Road and the M5 could not keep up with the CLS 55 AMG. The car sounds like it is very heavily modded with only 2 single exhausts. Quite a young guy driving it.

Very suprised even with my M5 on M sportmode, it pulled 2 car lengths infront of me before I started to catch up.

The low and mid end torque on the CLS 55 is amazing!

:furious:

everyday go up mountain sure one day meet a tiger wan.
at least CLS 55 cost more.i was beaten by a mark x.
i dont go up mountain so tiger came down to find me.

we send in ho. he sure chiet the CLS solid solid. the race formet is this....see who lift off at 100kmh first.

totoseow;196782 said:
we send in ho. he sure chiet the CLS solid solid. the race formet is this....see who lift off at 100kmh first.

wah lau,i pai say to race,sure lose wan.maybe your warp drive fusion powered car have a fighting chance.

Harry1;196762 said:
pak ok boleh lah... kopi session is ok with me this weekend. sorry could not make last month's meet up session as overseas. am sending car in for washing this sat, i heard that there is a place at Sin Ming that does quite a good job?

Yes - thanks for the advice - will definetly ask Rob to do a custom tailor program. He will be able to tune the car on the spot without needing to do any preparatory work in UK?

He has standard programs for different cars. Your M cars, if I'm not mistaken, should be more expensive than your run of the mill 5 series.... Afterall, it is an M......

I suppose he can 'tweak' it a little but if you expect a custom program, it might not be possible OR it will be VERY expensive....

My advise is to get the standard program, if you want anymore info, PM me.

MRacer77;196767 said:
so short notice? you siao ah? Harry say this weekend already lah... you arrange and let me know lah

MRacer / Shaaz - Gentlemen - How does Prata Cafe sound to you guys near Botanical gardens? Say Saturday morning?

totoseow;196782 said:

:laughlik:

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

ho2786;196776 said:
everyday go up mountain sure one day meet a tiger wan.
at least CLS 55 cost more.i was beaten by a mark x.
i dont go up mountain so tiger came down to find me.

330 is a bigger number than 55. Ho will win.

MRacer77;196587 said:
but I mean look... full Hamann conversion... think about it? can't be cheap right?

So at least expect 20 - 30k and above lor...

Only $20-30k? Kinda cheap for full hamann workz. Pluck from backside i though would cost more.

pilotsnoopy;196573 said:
no leh...sometimes i ask and see how the salesperson react...if he/she give me the f up "you can afford it meh?" reception...then i wont get it from him/her...sometimes make them bang some more...sign/buy from another pax in front of him/her.

I'm quirky. I do this too. Just to see their reaction. Doesn't help i go practically everywhere in berms and slips. hahaha
pilotsnoopy;196359 said:
your signature very funnie :lol2: end OT

Wanted to share it with the forum. Cracked up first time i saw it. hahaha...tho i'm sure not many geddit. Again, i'm quirky. It's farny being the only one laughing in a cinema and having the 5 ppl in front of u look back at u like u're nutz. :lol2::lol2::lol2:

Harry1;196349 said:
997 Turbo could match the car for pace - a C2S, 4200, Gransport, M5, even GT3 could not even touch this car?

997 turbo - Just barely and only in the initial sprint. The rest no need to try. Save gas. But from what i hear he'll talk to you, wave after a good run, thumbs up. Not out to kill type. Hahaha..i think oso nothing much to prove liao la.He's very friendly in person/

Harry1;196637 said:
Shaaz - Mad fast is an understatement - I guess your Murcie will be able to eat the CLS55 for breakfast :laughlik:

I have to disagree. I believe there'll be a tough fight.

Harry1;196642 said:
I spoke to Mike from DMS UK

Incidentally DMS UK came up as a topic when I met the CLS driver. He doesn't share the lavish opinions of many forumers here about how good this guy is. And he doesn't use him.

Nuke;197956 said:
Only $20-30k? Kinda cheap for full hamann workz. Pluck from backside i though would cost more.

I'm quirky. I do this too. Just to see their reaction. Doesn't help i go practically everywhere in berms and slips. hahaha

Wanted to share it with the forum. Cracked up first time i saw it. hahaha...tho i'm sure not many geddit. Again, i'm quirky. It's farny being the only one laughing in a cinema and having the 5 ppl in front of u look back at u like u're nutz. :lol2::lol2::lol2:

997 turbo - Just barely and only in the initial sprint. The rest no need to try. Save gas. But from what i hear he'll talk to you, wave after a good run, thumbs up. Not out to kill type. Hahaha..i think oso nothing much to prove liao la.He's very friendly in person/

Yes absolutely. when i pulled up at the traffic lights next to him he waved and gave a thumbs up! You must have experienced it before as well?? I wonder which garage in Singapore did up his car! If I dont end up selling my car I think if I ever meet him on the road I need to stop him and ask him for the garage's contact details!

I have to disagree. I believe there'll be a tough fight.

Incidentally DMS UK came up as a topic when I met the CLS driver. He doesn't share the lavish opinions of many forumers here about how good this guy is. And he doesn't use him.
Then who does this guy use ?? BTW is the CLS his only ride. Am sure that he has many other exotic rides?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeconexcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back