M5 vs CLS 55 AMG Black

Re: M5 vs CLS 55 AMG Black

ArSe77aL;198753 said:
Actually I've never heard my car from the outside ... heheh :)

Sure I'll pop by the next meetup with my friend if I'm free.
My mee siam almost came out of my nose when you drove past near my workplace in Eunos industrial once, think exhaust was stock nonetheless the whine of the charger and rumble of the V8 was orgasmic!

rex7_vtec;198755 said:
My mee siam almost came out of my nose when you drove past near my workplace in Eunos industrial once, think exhaust was stock nonetheless the whine of the charger and rumble of the V8 was orgasmic!
shit! i fell off my chair!:yikess: :lol2:

rex7_vtec;198758 said:
Lucky no "hum" if not I sure choke liao

brudder... mee siam got hum meh?

shaaz;198759 said:
brudder... mee siam got hum meh?

got, small Lee say one

rex7_vtec;198762 said:
Of course don't have lah, entire Singapore only 1 person think mee siam got hum wat...

HAHA.. i think i noe who ..............................

Hey mate nice to see you here! I must be one of the most unlucky dudes who didn't get to see your car on the roads. Hope this will happen soon! :lol2:

Driving the same car, er no, same model, er no, damn it, yours is just too different, aiya same shape la. LOL. Yours is in a different league! Respect man. King of CLS in SG. :lol2:

See ya around!

Cheers.

rex7_vtec;198762 said:
Of course don't have lah, entire Singapore only 1 person think mee siam got hum wat...
have what..i tot somewhere in katong sells mee shiam with hums?:lol2: or maybe that was just laksa..:laughlik:

end OT

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, its nice to know that there are many friendly people who like to mod and appreciate cars as well! And no it wasn't Welbo that informed me about this thread, it was my friend who drives an E46 3 series coupe.

Welbo, hope to see you and your Quattro V8 beast again at some gathering soon :)

Welbo;198518 said:
He used a team of tuners thru the workshop named Eurohaus. If u need the address or contact can get it from vagsg forum under Workshop Contact. His CLS is real fast and I have personally experience the rush.

Welbo - Thanks alot for the headsup!

Wah pak, just saw this... tell you what how abt we plan for this weekend?

Shaaz - Boleh this weekend sounds good. Just pm me. Are we on for this Saturday breakfast then? Who else is joining and where shall we meet?

MRacer77;198601 said:
Heard its true man... you better sell your lambie already lah... hahaa

btw, are we on for this weekend? call me to confirm. thanks.

Pak - Boleh this Saturday breakfast ?

ArSe77aL;198732 said:
Hi I'm the driver of the CLS and was told by my friend from the forum that there's this huge thread about my car, an M5 and Patterson Road. So I went to take a look and was quite surprised how lively this forum is. Couldn't resist so I joined to post as well.

Harry, first of all I must say that your M5 was &%@$-ing fast and one of the fastest things I've seen. Its in fact very close to an F430 (The F430 I encountered seemed just slightly quicker ). The M5 is definitely faster than an 05 Gallardo and probably around the same as an 06 Gallardo/Spyder.

Actually my first choice was an M5 but I thought it was abit overpriced here (relatively speaking when comparing both cars' prices in Europe). I have read alot about the awesome straight line performance of a stock M5, esp at high speeds due to the 7spd gearing, but figured that those kinds of speeds will hardly be reached here in S'pore. Still the M5 has the advantage of being NA as its performance won't be affected so much by the heat/humidity of Singapore. I think with just a closer ratio differential mod, ECU, exhaust and some lightweight pulleys, your car will really be flying and sounding awesome as well! Don't need to spend alot of money. I spent around 20k on my car with around half that amount on exhaust alone. Oh, and my car has dynoed less than 600bhp, though I wish it really had 600+ or 700+bhp as mentioned by some of you guys! :)

On a side note, I know that for some countries they put these very restrictive charcoal filter things in the M5's airbox to meet emission requirements and just by removing them you get more power straight away. You should look into that if not already done so mate ;)

Hi ArSe77aL,

Welcome to the forum. Immediately after I got home after our friendly drive, I was so awed by your piece of art that I had to post this as a topic to find out if anyone knew more about your car and what mods you had done. It was really gracious of you after totally obliterating me that you gave a smile and a thumbs up! I was so devastated that as TheNew7 said, I am thinking of selling the car and getting a GT3 hahaha!

I am very suprised that you say the M5 is as fast as a 05 Gallardo - based on paper specs the Gallardo hits 60mph in 4.3secs and the M5 in 4.8secs.

Do you mind sharing where you got the ECU and other upgrades done. I do think that a free flowing exhaust would really help with the power uplift. Just that I am not sure which workshop would be the best to mod my M5.

Thanks again and hope to catch up with you sometime soon.

Harry1

TheNew7;198747 said:
Yay.... now Harry doesn't have to sell his M5.... just "a closer ratio differential mod, ECU, exhaust and some lightweight pulleys"..... hahahha....

Snail the M5 la..... crazy performance.......

Yes now maybe have to reconsider selling the car hahaha. If a S$20k mod can do it then I am up for it!

Harry1;198901 said:
Hi ArSe77aL,

Welcome to the forum. Immediately after I got home after our friendly drive, I was so awed by your piece of art that I had to post this as a topic to find out if anyone knew more about your car and what mods you had done. It was really gracious of you after totally obliterating me that you gave a smile and a thumbs up! I was so devastated that as TheNew7 said, I am thinking of selling the car and getting a GT3 hahaha!

I am very suprised that you say the M5 is as fast as a 05 Gallardo - based on paper specs the Gallardo hits 60mph in 4.3secs and the M5 in 4.8secs.

Do you mind sharing where you got the ECU and other upgrades done. I do think that a free flowing exhaust would really help with the power uplift. Just that I am not sure which workshop would be the best to mod my M5.

Thanks again and hope to catch up with you sometime soon.

Harry1

Yes, I would definitely put my money on an M5 against a 05 Gallardo. On paper they are 4.3 sec (due also to AWD) but in reality u hardly ever race from 0-100kmh. From any other speeds the M5 is the same or faster.

As for tuning the guys I use from Eurohaus don't come down very oftern so I'm not sure if it can be done. I have used DMS before but problem with them is that they only have 1 program for each car. I like a tuner to be able to customise a map for your car based on your mods and DMS don,t seem to have that capability.

Try getting a set of exhaust/headers and a 3.91 differential first. It should make a huge difference without needing an ECU. remap. U can check out Evosport, Eisenmann and Dinan websites for these parts.

ArSe77aL;198917 said:
Yes, I would definitely put my money on an M5 against a 05 Gallardo. On paper they are 4.3 sec (due also to AWD) but in reality u hardly ever race from 0-100kmh. From any other speeds the M5 is the same or faster.

As for tuning the guys I use from Eurohaus don't come down very oftern so I'm not sure if it can be done. I have used DMS before but problem with them is that they only have 1 program for each car. I like a tuner to be able to customise a map for your car based on your mods and DMS don,t seem to have that capability.

Try getting a set of exhaust/headers and a 3.91 differential first. It should make a huge difference without needing an ECU. remap. U can check out Evosport, Eisenmann and Dinan websites for these parts.

Thanks very much for the recommendations. I will definetly change the exhausts / headers first. BTW do you mind sharing what the 3.91 differential does to the car? Sorry am not too familiar here with this mod. Is there a workshop here you can recommend that can bring in the parts and install ? Perhaps you could pm me? Thanks very much again

Welbo, hope to see you and your Quattro V8 beast again at some gathering soon :)

Hello............so I was misled by someone who told me ur car got more than 600bhp!!! Muahahahaha, anyway, at that kind of power, any dyno also not very accurate to begin with. :)

Hope to see u real soon, me in the states now so if u see my car, its my missus driving.

Cheers!

Hi I'm the driver of the CLS and was told by my friend from the forum that there's this huge thread about my car, an M5 and Patterson Road. So I went to take a look and was quite surprised how lively this forum is. Couldn't resist so I joined to post as well.

welcome dude!!!

heard so much abt ur car... n ur trademark baseball cap!!! :lol2:

awesome ride u have there mate... n judging from all these rumours of ur "races"... think u must have quite a few of these "invites" to privately pre-arranged or on the spot traffic light "sprints"... hahaha

enjoy ur stay here man...

cheers...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
007viporg
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back