MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

Re: MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

Darth Vader;963612 said:
maybe by using my force, i can force one or two everyday to balik kampong.
but they arrive everyday by the plane loads at changi, my will is strong but my flesh is weak.

There is a disturbance to the force, my dear dv... gone were the days of the empire.

iScoupe;962889 said:
why sell the E36 ! u could have save alot money till 2019 to down another car LOL..

hi everyone, long time no see.

If I didn't sell my E36 6 months back, 2013 June will be my "icecream" day, my best birthday and getting salutes because my new SKKxxx carplate~

McKinsey defined the "premium" segment in China as cars costing from 200,000 yuan to 1.2 million yuan ($32,000 to $190,000), excluding "ultra-luxury" cars commanding even higher prices.

link: China to surpass US as top luxury car market: study - Yahoo! News Singapore

moi think its USD ba ... Huat Ahh..... :laughlik:

This thread is getting old! The next guy to post is gay.

This morning a friend in the used car biz SMSed me :

"Bro, can still arrange full loan. Time to buy the M3 with full loan and tell people you put half cash down."

Idea. Sart.

I did not say Oilman looks like Ng Boon Gay.

Oilman;963818 said:
This thread is getting old! The next guy to post is gay.

kenntona;963822 said:
This morning a friend in the used car biz SMSed me :

"Bro, can still arrange full loan. Time to buy the M3 with full loan and tell people you put half cash down."

Idea. Sart.

I did not say Oilman looks like Ng Boon Gay.

Heng I posted after Kenntona....

Kenntona mai tu liao. M3 for Good Friday!

eh u all not finished ah

Why the bro in the used car biz see Kenntona no up? He doesn't need loans to buy M3 or M5 lah....

wobbles;963870 said:
Why the bro in the used car biz see Kenntona no up? He doesn't need loans to buy M3 or M5 lah....

i think the bro need kenn more than kenn needs him....car salesmen getting desperate after being snooked by garmen

wobbles;963870 said:

kenn wants something not too flashy like a 911 GT3

me think he just want a "pole" ... Rodder say one

wobbles said:

wt_know said:
kenn wants something not too flashy like a 911 GT3

Prease, if you look at my current ride, you can say I am a poor man.

jawzsg said:
me think he just want a "pole" ... Rodder say one

Rodders wanna see my pole.

In a move to close loopholes in the new financing restrictions, the Government is set to review the Hire Purchase Act.

In a move to close loopholes in the new financing restrictions announced last week, the Government is looking to review the Hire Purchase Act.

When approached by The Straits Times, the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI), which administers the 44-year old Act, confirmed that a review was under way.

Although banks and finance houses are regulated by MAS, some other lenders that include credit companies and financiers, such as BMW Financial Services and Daimler Financial Services, are not. Instead, they are regulated, in part, by the Hire Purchase Act.

Currently, the Act covers car loans of up to $55,000, before Certificate Of Entitlement (COE), so essentially the clause leaves loans which exceed that amount in a twilight zone.

Some observers expect the review to address this aspect of the Act. "They could either remove the quantum or raise it high enough to cover all or most car loans, or they could simply specify that all vehicle loans under the Act should be limited to 50 percent or 60 percent of the purchase price," said a lawyer familiar with the Act.

MTI did not have details of the review, but it is understood that changes will take some time, as setting new laws will most likely be involved.

There were some mixed reactions to the pending review. Non-regulated lenders by the MAS, said MTI should retain its 'light touch' on the Act. Others said that loopholes should be closed to ensure the loan restrictions get the desired results - a cooling of the car market.

Source: Loopholes to close in new financing restrictions

Can PML purchase and I hired car from PML?

SINGAPORE: Several MPs have raised their concerns in Parliament over the latest changes to car ownership policies.

Under the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) car loan curbs, buyers have a maximum of five years to their service car loans.

They also have to foot a downpayment of 40 per cent or more for a new vehicle.

The changes, they say, not only have an effect on second-hand car dealers but also large families.

Mr Pritam Singh, MP for Aljunied GRC, said: "It would be imperative for the government to look at possible tweaks to the system if indeed larger families and families that include disabled singaporeans or elderly parents are genuinely affected, as the effects of the new policy kicks in over next few months.

"One specific way could be to raise the LTV ratio for cars back to 70 per cent as it was previously, but only for families with two or more children so as to buttress and incentivise the government's efforts to raise TFR (Total Fertility Rate).

Dr Lee Bee Wah, MP for Nee Soon GRC, said: "With regards to the restriction on private car loans, there has been plenty of unhappiness from the grounds, from existing car owners to second-hand car dealers.

"Recently, I received a very long email from a resident of mine. He told me that he has been a second-hand car dealer for 17 years. He started off as a salesman after ROD, and he worked his way up and he is currently the CEO. He has 235 cars in hand and 50 staff, and he is crying out for help. He told me he is going to sell his house but he worries he cannot save his business."

"As I read his email, my heart beats with his. Again, the change is so drastic and immediate that some second-hand car dealers like my resident will have to fold up their businesses. Is this cut so critical and so market sensitive that the Government cannot give any advance notice?"

- CNA

siang ar? keechiu leh ... got 235 cars and 50 staff sure not peanut right ... cannot handle biz?

i wonder will MAS remove restriction on used car or revert to 70% 7 years ... like that sibei prata flipping leh
one of the merit of sg govt is no flip-flopping policies ... will they maintain that?

"Recently, I received a very long email from a resident of mine. He told me that he has been a second-hand car dealer for 17 years. He started off as a salesman after ROD, and he worked his way up and he is currently the CEO. He has 235 cars in hand and 50 staff, and he is crying out for help. He told me he is going to sell his house but he worries he cannot save his business."

Last edited by a moderator:

Come on, when he makes big profit and buy houses and big car, did he write long letter to MP also?

gah,an chut policy without knowing the impact and consequences one meh... highest paid gahmen woh...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nobikovn

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back