Munich Automobiles in limelight (for the wrong reason)

speeddream

Read the enclosed article from Aug'11 edition of BMW car
(What a shame......:shakehea::shakehea::shakehea:)

Can't our local AD do better than "adoption fee" formula?

At least there is hope with BMW KL, this is potentially good news for all PI owners

Re: Munich Automobiles in limelight (for the wrong reason)

looks like the guy is going to get another shock in 3 yrs if he thinks "return about 50% of purchase price to me in cash when i deregister the car in singapore in 3 yrs."

does that mean all ///M PI owner can drive up to KL to claim warranty without registration fees ? :D

this KL BMW does it only for M cars or all BMW makes?
then it definitely makes slightly more cents to go the PI route.

somemore can go KL play golf, visit Sunway lagoon.

Think he brought $228,000 expensive ? OMV ends dec2007 hmmm...

should be used imported car with lower omv.

haha ... sooner or later this lobang sure kena kill la ...
you know who is the big boss behind ??? SIME DARBY ... SG & MSIA BMW is 'tightly' controlled la
munich also 1/2 owned by sime darby right?

dash;671980 said:

Last edited by a moderator:

To be fair, this is not news. We all know the perils of getting a used import against authorised dealer's acceptance of servicing/warranty......etc. I think it is a case of this chap's under-research on used imports, coupled with the complexities of our system. I am not sure if Munich has done the wrong thing.

To draw a parallel, many of us bought Brembos, used or "parallel imported new", and we hardly go back to Lintrak (the authorised local agent) for any issue. In fact, most of us do not even know Lintrak. It would also be funny for someone to ship in Vorsteiner parts himself and expect Boss Motorsports to accept the terms warranty and homologation as an authorised dealer.

dash;671980 said:

ai PI //M mai?

go back to NZ lor. cat cunt cat cock. or go n be a malaysian lor.

at least the local dealership is willing to 'adopt'. last time u buy PI RX8, Mazda dealerships tell you fly kite. (until recently no enough biznass)

It seems like the writer was only looking to service plus install parts, and not claim on warranty. If so, it does seem a bit much to require a $40,000 "registration free" before even rendering paid services.

Well, first, there are two sides to this story. Or any story. Yet to hear Munich's version.

Second, if a car is not homologated, what does it mean for an authorised agent to service it? If something goes wrong, what is the obligation of Munich - as a service provider on a non-homologated car or as an authorised agent? The lines become blur......

why the fcuk shud i repair something thats not bot from me? m i running a charity biz?
wudnt that kill my own biz? then every one go n PI....whats the incentive buying from agent?

kum lan eh seow angmor. go back NZ rear sheeps.

dealerships dun make much from servicing. they make from selling new cars.

if there is so much to be made just on servicing. PML wud hvh opened one in sin min autocare. n service tiong chias....

i totally agree with what TOTO and Kenntona said..

its rubbish.. if the product is not bought from me, and was PIed in.. why the Fook must i service it? I believe even BMW AG should know how to protect their appointed distributor/dealer in each country..if not, who the fuck wanna be an agent???!! what's the incentives?

U wanna PI, and save the little $$... then when there's an issue, you expect the appointed agent to address them with professionalism? :topicsuc:

KiddyM2;672177 said:
i totally agree with what TOTO and Kenntona said..

its rubbish.. if the product is not bought from me, and was PIed in.. why the Fook must i service it? I believe even BMW AG should know how to protect their appointed distributor/dealer in each country..if not, who the fuck wanna be an agent???!! what's the incentives?

U wanna PI, and save the little $$... then when there's an issue, you expect the appointed agent to address them with professionalism? :topicsuc:

protecting agent? may be BMW Asia wanna take back agency. look at Audi and VW biz model..

i wonder if BMW run their own outfit, how will they treat PI cars.. i wonder..

zag;672183 said:
protecting agent? may be BMW Asia wanna take back agency. look at Audi and VW biz model..

i wonder if BMW run their own outfit, how will they treat PI cars.. i wonder..
same way VW/Audi treat PI cars?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lentoria28

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back