My car die on me twice this month ...

Re: My car die on me twice this month ...

Bro Supan, ur car feels good too la. When i drove it feels as though u have a reflash or something. Mine totally stock feeling, I don't know why u say feels good ?! :)Maybe MA accidentally put in a stage 1 for u. Haha. Cheers.

detach8;964252 said:
Hmm looks like nothing major, I thought you may have ECU piggyback, etc.

I meant if i have touch the engine or turbo then i have to blame itchy hands ...
but none so ... abit strange ..

Superslowsti;964285 said:
Bro Supan, ur car feels good too la. When i drove it feels as though u have a reflash or something. Mine totally stock feeling, I don't know why u say feels good ?! :)Maybe MA accidentally put in a stage 1 for u. Haha. Cheers.

I prefer the stock or virgin feeling ... my ride seems loose and the torque or boost effect seems not there and weird gear shift ...

Let me know when you like to go servicing since more or else due for service.

Oh you mean your gear shift smoother? Try manually shift lor ;) sometimes the new software is adapted to prolong gearbox, it causes the gear shift to have a gap

detach8;964327 said:
Oh you mean your gear shift smoother? Try manually shift lor ;) sometimes the new software is adapted to prolong gearbox, it causes the gear shift to have a gap

Thanks for the thumbs up ...
Never thought of that ...

A high level reset would clear the adaptation. But over time it'll adapt and it'll be "like that" again.

I also keep the sw and cables handy.

You feel a rush when the car cannot start after meddling ..... and even better after fixing the problem.

detach8;964246 said:
Have you removed all your mods and ask MA to reset the ECU again? A full ECU reset does cause the car to adapt to new values. And if the ECU has adapted to the values with a knock sensor removed then it may have learnt a really retarded ignition timing.

Anybody with a normal BMW software and cable can do that, but there is a risk that it may fuck up the car. So best left to an experienced workshop to do.

I have some basic OBD cable and software that can chart the AFR, intake pressure, fuel trim, etc. Those are also good indicators of performance.

AFAIK even the experienced workshops don't do this for you. All this kind of troubleshooting I had to do myself, hence why I ended up buying all these funny cables and software. I even keep a old style 15" screen laptop with Win XP in my car for this. The new laptops with 16:9 widescreen cannot see those software properly.

Red bean bun,

Not many ppl have the knowledge to meddle with their cars and the guts to try meddling with a bmw.

Salute to detach8

quite true ......

Jason8822;964378 said:
Red bean bun,

Not many ppl have the knowledge to meddle with their cars and the guts to try meddling with a bmw.

Salute to detach8

Red_Bean_Bun;964455 said:
quite true ......

Agree especially for me none tech knowledge type. In e90 post seems they DIY

People there more hands on .....

wonder if you could train your maid to change spark plugs for you ......

"yati.......after wash the car .... go change the spark plugs. the new ones are in the kitchen drawer...and don't forget to clear the fault codes"

"yes sir ...do now sir ...."

SUPAN;964535 said:
Agree especially for me none tech knowledge type. In e90 post seems they DIY

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Bean_Bun;964537 said:
People there more hands on .....

wonder if you could train your maid to change spark plugs for you ......

"yati.......after wash the car .... go change the spark plugs. the new ones are in the kitchen drawer...and don't forget to clear the fault codes"

"yes sir ...do now sir ...."

Hehe ... Wat if vibrators are in the drawers .. ??

Red_Bean_Bun;964543 said:
That one no training needed ......

I meant drop 6 into the car ....

Car maybe vibrating but engine cant crank ?

Hehe ..

Hi Guys

Can I know any of you all solve the issue? I am having the same problem. Have changed the spark plugs, valvetronic motor, updated the software and etc… The problem still persists. If you all have solve the issue, could you all tell me what is wrong and where did you all get it fixed?

ChengTL;968821 said:
Hi Guys

Can I know any of you all solve the issue? I am having the same problem. Have changed the spark plugs, valvetronic motor, updated the software and etc… The problem still persists. If you all have solve the issue, could you all tell me what is wrong and where did you all get it fixed?

I did it at Munich ... but i suggest you consider if you read my threads ...

because it is due to low rpm the car die .. afterwhich the so call ECU reset done by them .... but seriously i dunno what they did to my car causing a string of issues ....

right now more or less all ok ... except it is not the same feeling anymore ...

bewarned

Hi, I am new to this forum. I just bought the new 316 2 months ago and encountered problem. The unit stated "drive train" & "drive at a moderate speed" & "full performance cannot be reached". After that the car started slow down by itself & I can even accelerate until the car totally stop.

I try to start the car again but it will die off immediately. Can anyone advise me. Tks.

VincentHow;975293 said:
Hi, I am new to this forum. I just bought the new 316 2 months ago and encountered problem. The unit stated "drive train" & "drive at a moderate speed" & "full performance cannot be reached". After that the car started slow down by itself & I can even accelerate until the car totally stop.

I try to start the car again but it will die off immediately. Can anyone advise me. Tks.

sent back to workshop..........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

VincentHow;975293 said:

Bath with water flower. It will self heal in 2 days time.

ac323;975294 said:
sent back to workshop..........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Tks bro... Already sent... Just tat duno wat is the problem with the car... Have anyone encounter tis problem..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet88limited
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back