My Coding / Diagnostic happenings ..........

Re: My Coding / Diagnostic happenings ..........

Can I check when you flash your ECUs, do you use a battery charger to supply constant current to your car? I intent to update my I-step to the latest version but not sure what charger I need? Thanks.

sbc55;1066780 said:
Can I check when you flash your ECUs, do you use a battery charger to supply constant current to your car? I intent to update my I-step to the latest version but not sure what charger I need? Thanks.

I use the ctek chargers - at least 7A output and with a supply mode.

Do not use it directly on the battery.

But I read from the internet I need something that supply 13-14V constantly at 20amp ++ charger because F10 uses AGM battery??? Something like Schumancher INC-700A and this is expensive if I only use it once in a blue moon. Do you think is safe just use the ctek charger? Or may be you know any workshop can flash ECUs? Thanks.

You can get one that has a supply mode then it's like the car is powered by an ac socket .....

sbc55;1067018 said:
But I read from the internet I need something that supply 13-14V constantly at 20amp ++ charger because F10 uses AGM battery??? Something like Schumancher INC-700A and this is expensive if I only use it once in a blue moon. Do you think is safe just use the ctek charger? Or may be you know any workshop can flash ECUs? Thanks.

So the ctek charger should be sufficient since it comes with supply mode? You bot from Internet or just can locally?

sbc55;1067022 said:
So the ctek charger should be sufficient since it comes with supply mode? You bot from Internet or just can locally?

Can't remember - but it's here locally. Limbat I think.

RBB can you turn my ride into an M3........ kam siah many many!

Thanks will go there take a look

Red_Bean_Bun;1067027 said:
Can't remember - but it's here locally. Limbat I think.

this thread gives me a fking head ache. but it beats working in the office in this damn mkts....

RBB can u do simple things like powering windows down with the key? or opening sun roof...for anything other than bmw?

power window down with key? i thought its standard and i just discovered last week only. ha. u press and hold the unlock button on the remote. Then all window will wind down liao.

totoseow;1068939 said:
this thread gives me a fking head ache. but it beats working in the office in this damn mkts....

RBB can u do simple things like powering windows down with the key? or opening sun roof...for anything other than bmw?

Erm... you mean lambo and merc cannot perform this simple trick ?
Then its time to come back for bmw .......

Jason8822;1068946 said:
Erm... you mean lambo and merc cannot perform this simple trick ?
Then its time to come back for bmw .......

lambo ZERO electronics...merc I dunno how to do it. manual says can..but I cant.

If I'm not mistaken, long press either the lock or unlock button.Either one sure work. If it doest, then its not programmed to work I guess.

ya dun seem to b programmed at all. NNB.

You referring to your Lambo ?

totoseow;1068939 said:

RBB, i unlocked the dashboard hidden function and displayed coolant temperature (so far 95 deg on a short distance). Thanks to your informative post. Just wondering if it can be set permanent until disabled? Now, it will disappear once ignition is off.

Next thing I would like to try is to get a decent obd2 reader that can interface with iPhone. See if the readings can help me to understand and learn more about the intricacy of our cars.

It will revert once its restarted ....... You could change the instrument cluster e.g fit one from a 335i but that is quite a move.

The obd reader - i got a relatively decent one that works with the iphone. I remembered that its wifi enabled - which is why its more ex than the BT ones.

leebmer;1095992 said:
RBB, i unlocked the dashboard hidden function and displayed coolant temperature (so far 95 deg on a short distance). Thanks to your informative post. Just wondering if it can be set permanent until disabled? Now, it will disappear once ignition is off.

Next thing I would like to try is to get a decent obd2 reader that can interface with iPhone. See if the readings can help me to understand and learn more about the intricacy of our cars.

You mean the F30 335i can view coolant temp on instructment cluster?

Forgot to mention that I got JB4 and it doesn't allow OBD2 reading except map 0 (JB4 disabled)... so far the only way while JB4 is enabled is to connect UBS cable to DME and the other end connect to laptop...

Red_Bean_Bun;1096048 said:
It will revert once its restarted ....... You could change the instrument cluster e.g fit one from a 335i but that is quite a move.

The obd reader - i got a relatively decent one that works with the iphone. I remembered that its wifi enabled - which is why its more ex than the BT ones.

There's a temp gauge on the 335i instrument cluster.

There are however a few temp sensors e.g at the radiator. And the temp varies.

No comments about JB4.

leebmer;1096069 said:
You mean the F30 335i can view coolant temp on instructment cluster?

Forgot to mention that I got JB4 and it doesn't allow OBD2 reading except map 0 (JB4 disabled)... so far the only way while JB4 is enabled is to connect UBS cable to DME and the other end connect to laptop...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bong88promo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back