My F30 Mod today

Re: My F30 Mod today

hahaha....i wish that was true....i never knew it was made in Taiwan...Been using it on my VW and thought it was brilliant but i must admit AP racing BBK are the true heros...even the 4 pot ones do so much better den other 6 potted brands! =)

pancakeparadise;1011023 said:
Compare AP to APi I thought APi should be better becuz of an extra "i"?

Ya, it's AP brakes (improved)~~~ lol

zimmy83;1011026 said:
hahaha....i wish that was true....i never knew it was made in Taiwan...Been using it on my VW and thought it was brilliant but i must admit AP racing BBK are the true heros...even the 4 pot ones do so much better den other 6 potted brands! =)

IT's all about marketing.... IMO, VTTR are better choice then API if u wanna go for budget. VTTR is cheaper with same performance.

But if u wanna talk about the best, it will be alcon > AP = Brembo GT > Brembo.... (With a few others in between)
Brembo = M Performance Brakes

4b11t;1010983 said:
If u r driving a 335 can go for akrapovic only couple of hundred more than eisenmann quads.

Akapovic come in lioa meh ?

Seraphblade;1011032 said:
IT's all about marketing.... IMO, VTTR are better choice then API if u wanna go for budget. VTTR is cheaper with same performance.

But if u wanna talk about the best, it will be alcon > AP = Brembo GT > Brembo.... (With a few others in between)
Brembo = M Performance Brakes

how about another taiwanese brand, wp pro, versus vttr for budget consideration?

whats the damage man??? no one really sells much 2nd hand stuff in this forum for our rides hey...saw a few brembos and all but all mainly for the E series..

zimmy83;1011173 said:
whats the damage man??? no one really sells much 2nd hand stuff in this forum for our rides hey...saw a few brembos and all but all mainly for the E series..

Most of the stuff for F30, you have to take the plunge and go for brand new... Very hard to find someone selling off at this time.

thanks simville..looking for the gruppe M or a replica of it...haha...anyone knows where to get the p3cars integrated vent reader??

Seraphblade;1010975 said:
First of all, API = Australian Performance Innovations.... But it is actually made in Taiwan for one...

Even their top of the line Type RA coilovers cannot last 3 hot laps on Sepang (that is even with external canister)
Perfomance wise, their shocks are not as good as OEM for the Civic Type R on track, but they somehow managed to CON many to change to theirs (for more comfort)...

Their bbk is at best on par with VTTR.

And srsly, they are just a "just look" entry / budget lvl.

I track on a monthly basis with my APi Type RS Coilovers. Sepang and Pasir Gudang. On Sepang, i average 30 to 35 laps each time im there. Coilovers have never disappointed me before :)

do the coilover feel very stiff?? cause i have a kid n all dont know if i should change to API coils

simville;1011460 said:
stock suspension is usually the most comfortable.

hey simville,

you said u were selling your intake, is it one of those drop in ones??i got shocked with i saw the gruppe M pricing man..hahaha

thanks!

Herman;1011392 said:
I track on a monthly basis with my APi Type RS Coilovers. Sepang and Pasir Gudang. On Sepang, i average 30 to 35 laps each time im there. Coilovers have never disappointed me before :)

you are 1 lucky guy. on my fren's sti with api type ra, they start to get softer after 3 laps with timing drops. Playbacks shows that he cannot attack the corner at the same speed.

Problem solved after he changed to Tien Super Racing. I was on Type RS for just 2 months before going to Toda Fightex on my Honda.

But of cos, the price is a lot more. If u want real performance, API is not the way to go. Budget maybe.

Seraphblade;1011542 said:
you are 1 lucky guy. on my fren's sti with api type ra, they start to get softer after 3 laps with timing drops. Playbacks shows that he cannot attack the corner at the same speed.

Problem solved after he changed to Tien Super Racing. I was on Type RS for just 2 months before going to Toda Fightex on my Honda.

But of cos, the price is a lot more. If u want real performance, API is not the way to go. Budget maybe.

And forgot to mention 1 thing, mine and his both leaked.... Mine just after 2 months, his after 8 months...

zimmy83;1011462 said:
hey simville,

you said u were selling your intake, is it one of those drop in ones??i got shocked with i saw the gruppe M pricing man..hahaha

thanks!

K&N filter, drop in

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bracesaurus
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back