My F30 Mod today

Re: My F30 Mod today

Hi M-Nut, am getting my 328i next month. Though of changing to a M performance brake kit, red colour. Any idea what's the damage, parts + labour?

tortoise;844234 said:
Din bother to take pics hahahaha pardon the poor quality, prob get nice ones done when I get the kit.

F30335i.jpg

Bro, you change color and rims?
How come pic very different from your previous post:
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/3-series-owners/65253-bc-forged-wheels-f30-335-a.html

Ok finally got some time for front/rear pics.

335_2012_July_06.jpg

335_2012_July_062.jpg

MA just called me the M interior panels are in this week, will post the pics once installed :D

guys , any advice on which would your preferred tuning chip be? getting confused with so many different brands?

There is kelleners at J4C, Juice Box at Boss, TMC at autostrasse. I know that 2277 have a chip and mcwell ventures have a chip too.
I am using TMC, so far so good, no error codes.

Sky;847019 said:
Hi M-Nut, am getting my 328i next month. Though of changing to a M performance brake kit, red colour. Any idea what's the damage, parts + labour?

Dear Sky,

Please email me at [email protected] with your Name, Licence Plate and Contact information so we can provide you with a quotation. Thank you so very much for your interest in purchasing Genuine BMW M Performance Parts from Munich Automobiles.

guys need your help and advice,

is it normal after fitting 19' rims when you brake especially when car just starts, there is a squeaking/ 'wong' wong' sound, which goes away after the car has been driven for 20 mins....but after stopping for an hr and driven again, the brakes sounds return...the tyre shop says its normal for bmw cuz of brakes and after fitting 19'..

what to do?

tc73;848060 said:

is it normal after fitting 19' rims when you brake especially when car just starts, there is a squeaking/ 'wong' wong' sound, which goes away after the car has been driven for 20 mins....but after stopping for an hr and driven again, the brakes sounds return...the tyre shop says its normal for bmw cuz of brakes and after fitting 19'..

what to do?

Is urs a cast rim? I had this prob with my old E90 using Taiwan rims and breyton(both cast rim). Had changed at least 5sets of rim to attest that. However BMW original rim and forged rim are all good. I dunno if BMW original cast rim are form flowing cast or not but I'm getting bbs(form flowing cast) for my current ride. Really hope no morning screeching...

tc73;848060 said:

what to do?

I'm also having such screeching sound occasionally with I brake and I'm on 20" ... Either live with it or stay stock..

tc73;848060 said:

what to do?

normal for me, got that noise even with oem setup

Its either i am not sensitive to such noise or my audio is too loud for me to notice...

tortoise;848264 said:
normal for me, got that noise even with oem setup

The "Wong Wong" sound is really very loud from my experience. Even if u blast music in the car u can still hear the sound inside the cabin. Or simply put, the "wong" sound is almost having the loudness of our honk. Lucky thing is it will go off after maybe 10mins when the car is hot.

Bernie66;848300 said:
The "Wong Wong" sound is really very loud from my experience. Even if u blast music in the car u can still hear the sound inside the cabin. Or simply put, the "wong" sound is almost having the loudness of our honk. Lucky thing is it will go off after maybe 10mins when the car is hot.

For the benefit of all that wanna change rim. Maybe I will share my past encounter in more detail.

After getting the sound, i made an appointment with pml only to hear that they claim i have changed to aftermarket rims. I tot it was bullshit initially and blast off thinking its another pml "powerful smoke-bomb after sales service again". I remember the pml guy call charlie mentioned on the material and composite used on Original Rim hence muting the sound/vibration. Next I went after the rim distributor and try to make a claim. They were good and let me test a new rim, as expected it gave the same sound the next day morning. Determined to retify the horrendous sound, I spent another 1k odd to change all original brake pads and brake disc. Again it didnt work even after i run in the brakes.

Knowing i have done almost everything except changing back to original rim. I went for the plunge and bought M rim 18" with new tyres. Voila and it worked... more story goes on till I decided to give a try again on aftermarket rim but this time full forge rim 19". It went well too.. Long and tedious way of knowing how the sound came from.....:evil:

Last edited by a moderator:

oem bmw wheel (ie: original m 18" rim) = no problem
19" full forged rim = no problem
cheapo rim material = got problem

is that the final conclusion?

Bernie66;848301 said:
For the benefit of all that wanna change rim. Maybe I will share my past encounter in more detail.

After getting the sound, i made an appointment with pml only to hear that they claim i have changed to aftermarket rims. I tot it was bullshit initially and blast off thinking its another pml "powerful smoke-bomb after sales service again". I remember the pml guy call charlie mentioned on the material and composite used on Original Rim hence muting the sound/vibration. Next I went after the rim distributor and try to make a claim. They were good and let me test a new rim, as expected it gave the same sound the next day morning. Determined to retify the horrendous sound, I spent another 1k odd to change all original brake pads and brake disc. Again it didnt work even after i run in the brakes.

Knowing i have done almost everything except changing back to original rim. I went for the plunge and bought M rim 18" with new tyres. Voila and it worked... more story goes on till I decided to give a try again on aftermarket rim but this time full forge rim 19". It went well too.. Long and tedious way of knowing how the sound came from.....:evil:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88comcv@

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back