My Frozen Gray F10 M5 vs. E92 M3

Re: My Frozen Gray F10 M5 vs. E92 M3

rex7_vtec;755624 said:
Next up, FG M6!!!!!

The new M6 is gorgeous, but way too big for a coupe. I need 4 doors and a proper 5 seater. Was toying with the idea of the M6 Grand Coupe but the interior pics of the 6 series GC at the rear looks quite bad. The middle passenger looks to be perpetually shagging the aircon vent with that intrusive hump. Very nice interior though. The best i have seen in a BMW thus far! The weight and length would also be a concerned. The M6 coupe is only 20kg lighter than the M5. I think the M6 GC would be heavier than the M5, which would be really disappointing on top of having to pawn my granny to buy it.

I think I am done with my upsizing of cars. Quite frankly, my real needs could actually be best served by the next M3 sedan. Useable power in a practical package that is not too large. If not for the fact that owning the M5 is one of the items in my bucket list, i really don't feel the need for something this big. It's a hassle getting around in tight spaces and parking. That said, everyone in my family is very happy with the increased real estate space in the M5 :)

blacktrek;755739 said:
Oh anyway nice cars you have there. Drool..

Thanks guys :) I am already looking forward to the next M3!!

I saw your write up on bimmerpost. i'm totally :ultrasho: when I saw your location is "Singapore".

kaeizr;771953 said:
I saw your write up on bimmerpost. i'm totally :ultrasho: when I saw your location is "Singapore".

Can't really blame u. One has to be quite hard core (and prob insane) to own 2 M cars in SG :p

clar;772039 said:
Can't really blame u. One has to be quite hard core (and prob insane) to own 2 M cars in SG :p

yessss. amounting to a big M in currency.. plus petrol... yah. I'll need a few Ms to own both of them.

clar;755745 said:
If not for the fact that owning the M5 is one of the items in my bucket list, i really don't feel the need for something this big.

Let me start off by expressing my appreciation for your passion for cars, certainly not boastful, despite a dream garage for many.

Coming from jap cars, then an e60 N52B25, now a F10 N52B30, the enjoyment and refinement along the way equates to just pure steamness. I have been blessed with driving some of the best NA IL6 ever produced, yet the M5 is just lingering... Maybe one day... Did you start off this way?

Just out of curiosity, when and how did the M5 enter your bucket list?
With that budget, it could have been something else ist it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cause his salesman friendy, handsome. hahaha

golilok;772173 said:
Let me start off by expressing my appreciation for your passion for cars, certainly not boastful, despite a dream garage for many.

Coming from jap cars, then an e60 N52B25, now a F10 N52B30, the enjoyment and refinement along the way equates to just pure steamness. I have been blessed with driving some of the best NA IL6 ever produced, yet the M5 is just lingering... Maybe one day... Did you start off this way?

Just out of curiosity, when and how did the M5 enter your bucket list?
With that budget, it could have been something else ist it :)

Thanks for the kind words, bro! When i bought my E46 330Ci in 2001, it was automotive nirvana for me. The sound, power, and looks were intoxicating. I thot i never needed anything better. Then a fren told me there is M to be had. The E46 M3 was launched shortly and that was wet dream to me. It was not affordable for me then, so on to the bucket list it went. When i saw the E39 M5, it was a strange feeling. I thot what business does a big executive sedan have being that fast? The combination of a big luxury executive package coupled with an insane V8 and sports car handling can really mess up your head nicely. It was a strange, but somewhat erotic feeling, so that went to the bucket list as well.

Sold my 330Ci in 2003 due to financial difficulties and took me up to 2008 to get back to the BMW family. During this time, i couldn't really afford anything decent let alone an M. Anyway, the E60 has never really gone down well with me, so no big loss. The E92 M3 got crossed off my bucket list in Dec 2010. The F10 M5 was more of an impulse buy. I blame it on all the countless videos of the car on youtube. It started off with me asking an innocuous question on this forum about F10 M5 Availability and the rest is history...No regrets whatsoever. I feel extremely privileged to be able to own these cars. We are at the golden age of automotive engineering :)

I am in love with BMW and not much else. I have tried liking Porsches, but gets put off either by the flat 6 engine note or looks. Italian exotics are out of my league. With the recent confirmation by M president that they are not making a Z4M, i might have to look else where for a replacement for my M3. If all else fails, there is always the next M3 2 years down the road though i would ideally like to keep an NA around instead of going turbo for both cars...

^try a GT3, impossible not to love it, the best manual gearbox I've ever tried before

taaxed;772283 said:
^try a GT3, impossible not to love it, the best manual gearbox I've ever tried before

Cannot lar. I can't stand the huge wing, bare bone interior, and rather harsh for day to day use.

clar;772268 said:
I am in love with BMW and not much else.

u see, tat just defines the M5
its that exeutive luxury comfort that i still demand as a day to day driver
kudossss

clar;772268 said:
Sold my 330Ci in 2003 due to financial difficulties and took me up to 2008 to get back to the BMW family. During this time, i couldn't really afford anything decent let alone an M. Anyway, the E60 has never really gone down well with me, .

Hey you were also jialat like me from 03-08! Sold off my E46 318 n took bus/MRT for awhile before getting an OPC Hyundai Getz and then a Sonata...haha. But for me the E60 was my dream car and 5 yrs later in 08 I got it. I still can't own an M car yet unless it's old models haha.

Anyway, nice to see a once "down trodden" come back with a vengeance.

MW;772379 said:
Hey you were also jialat like me from 03-08! Sold off my E46 318 n took bus/MRT for awhile before getting an OPC Hyundai Getz and then a Sonata...haha. But for me the E60 was my dream car and 5 yrs later in 08 I got it. I still can't own an M car yet unless it's old models haha.

Anyway, nice to see a once "down trodden" come back with a vengeance.

when are u buying a sonata?

I still have my Sonata. I have 2 cars. I rich

taaxed;772283 said:

+ 1 billion:D

TripleM;772593 said:
+ 1 billion:D

To those who have the capacity to appreciate cars like the GT3, i am truly happy for u! The 997 GT3RS has pretty much won every damn review against any car it came up against. It's too bad it doesn't fit my needs for a thrilling drive. The big wing is an immediate deal breaker for me followed by the stripped down interior and that roll cage. Maybe i am uncle liao. I like my cars with some amount of refinement. I am also obsessed with technology so tend to favour dual clutch over manual. If u think this is shallow, u should see my "must have" list for a hot chick :p

Triple M's GT3 was NTUC taxi blue colour. He has no refinement

clar;772671 said:
To those who have the capacity to appreciate cars like the GT3, i am truly happy for u! The 997 GT3RS has pretty much won every damn review against any car it came up against. It's too bad it doesn't fit my needs for a thrilling drive. The big wing is an immediate deal breaker for me followed by the stripped down interior and that roll cage. Maybe i am uncle liao. I like my cars with some amount of refinement. I am also obsessed with technology so tend to favour dual clutch over manual. If u think this is shallow, u should see my "must have" list for a hot chick :p

We hv similar taste/requirement. I m old too. Too bad wallet diff size:lol2:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgripe
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back