Need help deciding: 320I or 323I

Re: Need help deciding: 320I or 323I

its not a matter of extra horsepower between 320 and 323...for 323, you will get the 6 pot engine that bmw is renowned for...if u r already paying so much for a 3 series, go for the 6 pot...

previously, for e46 318 vs 320, the price difference is like 15-18K, hence more difficult to decide and I took the 318...if I were to make the same decision today, I will take the 323 with no regrets...

hope this helps...whatever your decision at the end of the day...welcome to the club...:D

mobilefriend;174166 said:
Hi Alex,

Just made a similar choice 2 weeks ago.
- $139k is the pre-october batch of 323i, and they don't have the new features like Cruise control, Xenon, thru loading and folding mirrors.
- not to pour cold water but unlikely you can get the M193 18" offer, as it was strictly for the Christmas promo. I tried....
- $10k more to get a 6 potter is a great deal, in the past the difference is about $20k between a 4 and a 6 pot engine.
- Consider going for the Post-October production cars cause the new features worth the extra $ at $149k. That's the one I got :)
- end of the day your budget is the key factor. emiffy is right that 323 running cost is higher than the 320. Petrol, road tax, etc.
- the bros here are dead on with the fact that you'll always be thinking of buying up... no end. The best deal now is actually the 523i...
- no one can tell whether deal will be better or worst later, too many factors. So once bought don't look back

Hope this helps....

Thanks for input...btw i think i can get the 323 for $136 with 18" rims...probably those BM rims no idea...but $136 would be the price...think its a good deal?? seems more i try to find better the deal hahaha

do it !!!! :woowooo: ... If it's 18", excluding loan rebate it's good. Okay work out your sums then do it...:) :) Let us know how it goes.

Alex Yap;174172 said:
Thanks for input...btw i think i can get the 323 for $136 with 18" rims...probably those BM rims no idea...but $136 would be the price...think its a good deal?? seems more i try to find better the deal hahaha

mobilefriend;174178 said:
do it !!!! :woowooo: ... If it's 18", excluding loan rebate it's good. Okay work out your sums then do it...:) :) Let us know how it goes.

gonna havta meet the SE first and work out the details...btw know where i can find the ermm standard ermm spex?? for a "normal" priced 323? coz i read the brochure for 320i it says no auto rain/light sensor etc but SE said got...so i kinda confused what is included and what is not...

but then i only went to the showroom once....so not very sure..

Alex Yap;174172 said:

Bro, imo think this is as close to a good deal as can be (for the moment at least till PML get more desperate??) and whoa, those OEM 18 rims if purchased separately won't come cheap!

During my time the 323 was going for 149k:screwedu: so go figure... At today's price the 323 is a no brainer lor..

cheers,

fooman700;174181 said:
Bro, imo think this is as close to a good deal as can be (for the moment at least till PML get more desperate??) and whoa, those OEM 18 rims if purchased separately won't come cheap!

During my time the 323 was going for 149k:screwedu: so go figure... At today's price the 323 is a no brainer lor..

cheers,

okie thanksss almost made up my mine liaoz :)

now havta work out the finances hahaha...3 yrs or 5 yrs or 7 yrs loan.....

what ever your choice is just make sure your wallet is happy with it... capex and opex are 2 very different monsters.... 10k difference for capex is alright... after all its one time...

323 roadtax is $2300 pa
323 insurance also higher coz 2.5 litre engine?
323 does about 7+ km per litre (mostly city driving)
323 servicing also more expensive coz 2 more spark plugs and more engine oil needed ?

320 roadtax is $1800 pa ?
320 insurance might be a little cheaper
320 does about 8+km per litre (mostly city driving)
320 servicing is 4 spark plugs and maybe 4.5 litre of engine oil?

whichever your choice is, the upside is you still get to collect the Shell Petrol's Ferrari model cars fairly quickly .... :) And congrats in advance on getting your car!

ps: figures might be a little off, but i think you get the picture...

The total basic cost for 323i as of Dec 06 is around $125,119. I wonder why PML selling the 323i at 134k and including 18" M193 rims ( worth 6k ) free of charge. How about SE commision? Is it possible they are selling without profit? really confusing.

hmm...y babe nvr input how much she paid for her e90 and u guys will feel so lucky:nehnehhh:

yeah man. the price now is crazy. i think for bro who had bought earlier, we all bang balls and not to forget our car depreciate faster than bird poo dropping.

Hi bro, PML clearing off the pre-oct production 323i (no xenon, etc.) only a handful of them.... limited colour choice too.

nsbsin;174213 said:
The total basic cost for 323i as of Dec 06 is around $125,119. I wonder why PML selling the 323i at 134k and including 18" M193 rims ( worth 6k ) free of charge. How about SE commision? Is it possible they are selling without profit? really confusing.

Maybe they're trying to clear stock. I think that there's also some apprehension for the upcoming C-class which will rival the 323. So, they're trying to push sales as much as possible.

Mobile Friend,

Can PM or share what you know abt the 523 pricing or package. I went back to my SE in Dec but he did not offer me a good price .... guess he must have met his target.

Anyone has a good SE to recommend?

Sorry bro i know its :offtopic: ..... pai sei

mobilefriend;174166 said:
Hi Alex,

Just made a similar choice 2 weeks ago.
- $139k is the pre-october batch of 323i, and they don't have the new features like Cruise control, Xenon, thru loading and folding mirrors.
- not to pour cold water but unlikely you can get the M193 18" offer, as it was strictly for the Christmas promo. I tried....
- $10k more to get a 6 potter is a great deal, in the past the difference is about $20k between a 4 and a 6 pot engine.
- Consider going for the Post-October production cars cause the new features worth the extra $ at $149k. That's the one I got :)
- end of the day your budget is the key factor. emiffy is right that 323 running cost is higher than the 320. Petrol, road tax, etc.
- the bros here are dead on with the fact that you'll always be thinking of buying up... no end. The best deal now is actually the 523i...
- no one can tell whether deal will be better or worst later, too many factors. So once bought don't look back

Hope this helps....

"If you think that you need the extra power to get around and it'll be useful, by all means go get it.

I was only sharing my 2 cents - to say that it's "completely wrong" is somewhat of an insult :("

Apologies, no insult intended!
Just wanted to warn this guy: 150 hp or thereabouts may seem ok at first, but it may well get to be *very* irritating, even in normal city driving, when you put your foot down and basically nothing happens. Something to think about for anyone who loves driving. I confess that I used to talk like this --- "what use is 250 hp in Singapore anyway?!" but I gradually realised that I was just consoling myself for buying an underpowered car! It's nice to look at, it has been a lot of fun in other ways, but it's not really a driver's car.

No worries, Suipalucsea's. No hard feelings - you're entitled to your opinions too.

eldwin, I was told that the current 'after-discount' price of the 523 is $166k though it is expected to go up by another $2k today or so. Apparently, PML is raising the price for the 5 due to increased demand. I'm not sure if that's true. I suppose you can bargain on the $166k. If you're interested, PM me for my agent's contact.

Jase,

Thanks. But actually my SE quoted me a price slightly better than $166. :)

I know some other bro here got a better package. Cheers!!

Here's my take Bros... it all boils down to how soon u need the new car.

If u can wait.. then do so, the cards will be stack in your (buyer's favour).

The new 523 engine & the new C Class 180/200 is much more powerful then their current spec range. Knowing the rivalry between the 2 makes, u will see one-upmanship in price & features.

For me... the key is getting the newer more efficient & powerful engines. The uprated x23 engine comes close to the current x25 engines. And if PML brings in the new direct injection x20 engine, then that would be great too.

Note, u might pay more for having the latest and greatest, but if u intend to keep the car long term, then why not?

PS - Let's hope they never merge man... bmerc... :( , or we consumers will be at the losing end.

PS - Btw, as Jase noted our traffic here suck... after happily collecting my ride.. drive out and kenna... traffic jam :nehnehhh: . Power is good, but if u can't apply it, then what's the point... unless u enjoy frequent accel and jamming of brake. :screwedu:

For those who go frequent the NS, then its a different story. Every HP counts.. :cloud9:

ferd;174192 said:
what ever your choice is just make sure your wallet is happy with it... capex and opex are 2 very different monsters.... 10k difference for capex is alright... after all its one time...

323 roadtax is $2300 pa
323 insurance also higher coz 2.5 litre engine?
323 does about 7+ km per litre (mostly city driving)
323 servicing also more expensive coz 2 more spark plugs and more engine oil needed ?

320 roadtax is $1800 pa ?
320 insurance might be a little cheaper
320 does about 8+km per litre (mostly city driving)
320 servicing is 4 spark plugs and maybe 4.5 litre of engine oil?

whichever your choice is, the upside is you still get to collect the Shell Petrol's Ferrari model cars fairly quickly .... :) And congrats in advance on getting your car!

ps: figures might be a little off, but i think you get the picture...

HI thanks for these figures. They were pretty helpful.

Just wondering anyone have a good insurance to recommend? Or should i take PML's insurance? SE said better in terms of service coz all claims will be processed by PML..

I was thinking...got good got bad la...since cannot overclaim ?? Any idea?

Suipalucsea;174262 said:
Just wanted to warn this guy: 150 hp or thereabouts may seem ok at first, but it may well get to be *very* irritating, even in normal city driving, when you put your foot down and basically nothing happens. Something to think about for anyone who loves driving. I confess that I used to talk like this --- "what use is 250 hp in Singapore anyway?!" but I gradually realised that I was just consoling myself for buying an underpowered car! It's nice to look at, it has been a lot of fun in other ways, but it's not really a driver's car.

Ya, do agree that 150HP and 200NM is a too bit little power in respect to the e90's bodyweight.

The newer direct injection I4, giving 170HP and 220NM would be the sweet spot... but I believe PML is going to clear all their old stock first, before touching any of the newer direct injection engines.

PS - Any 320 guys find any way to squeeze addtional HP & torque out of their rides? There's the Gruppe M CAI thingy and I think some chips to push to 160HP ~215NM so far.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclub777

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back