New 420 bhp Porsche 911 GT3 Cup

Re: New 420 bhp Porsche 911 GT3 Cup

centurion;284526 said:
I think they need the space to make the GT2, but surely they can't anticipate making so MANY GT2s right?
Firstly , all the while the GT3 has never been a long production due to cost and time. If I am not mistaken the production line is different from the rest of the 911 thus the higher cost.

WOW.Thanks for all the information.Lastly what you guys out there feels about the 997 turbo? Since the GT3 is out of reach.Thanks for all valuable advice.Cheers

997 turbo? fast highway car...thats about it. sounds dead...boring. if u want a nice handling car....gt3 it is. 997 for old man who wants to drive fast n who loves to overtake in B roads...n who has 600k to burn.

Doesn't the Turbo cost more than the GT3?

Yeap! It does (just checked Porsche SG)

Turbo is 638k base
GT3 is 515k base

Turbo has more power and generally a competent handling car with 4WD to boot. I think Walter Rohrl actually prefers the 4WD versions of the 911 ;)

GT3/RS is the ultimate 911 with the NA boxer engine tweaked far more than the regular 911.

What do you need? Show, go in straight line or go in the curvies?

StashxFutura;284609 said:
Tat bad? What will be a good buy with this similar price range Bros?

which price range? 510k or 630k?

500k range...i dun think many cars r near...if u take out the GTR which is 288k...u can think of a 2nd hand 360CS.

640k..u hv the 2 yr old 430 to think about...or some 05 gallardos...nothing else mate.

Benz61
Yeah, eager to meet...must contact you when I m free. Collecting sometime next week, not I say one.

It's true that the GT3/RS prod have never been a long prod cars like the rest of the 911. In a way, the prod quote is controlled. The 997 GT3/RS stopped production in December 07....that marks the completion of Mk1

The Mk2 for the GT3 will be rolled out earliest in 09. Some booking may be made as early as mid to 3rd Qtr this year ( I read from other forum ) and then there are rumours bout PDK gearbox and Direct Injection. Flat six should remain.

centurion;284526 said:
I think they need the space to make the GT2, but surely they can't anticipate making so MANY GT2s right?

GT3/RS market is far bigger than GT2 so yeah, can't make much.

Then when it comes to GT2, some porky owners argue that the Turbo is a better buy, AWD, can produce same amount of power after some tweaking or turbo changes etc..n so on n so on, endless discussion till no more fossil fuel.

totoseow;284618 said:
which price range? 510k or 630k?

500k range...i dun think many cars r near...if u take out the GTR which is 288k...u can think of a 2nd hand 360CS.

640k..u hv the 2 yr old 430 to think about...or some 05 gallardos...nothing else mate.

500k range, a 2yr old Bentley GT also can wot......kekeke..

Eh, 640k for a 2yr old 430 is steep price..is it not?

Hi Bro Triple M,itzi true tat the MK2 GT3 will be available? Coz recently make a trip down to stuttgart & was told by them that there will not have anymore of it.Maybe even till 2010.Kinda sad when i heard it.Therefore am considering the 911turbo.Thanks.Afraid to make any regret decision. Btw did u gotta urself a GT3?

If they are stopping production runs of the GT3, I wonder how resale values will be affected? Presumably, they will be upheld?

Cheers,
B

Actually the GT3Rs can cost as much as a turbo. I paid mine on the high 5. very sure the MKII will come out actually I booked the GT3 even before I see it . So told Stuggart if any news on the new GT3 just go ahead and order one for me. The GT3 so far is the best I have driven currently even better than my F430. But the car to watch out will have to be the Nissan GTR.Time will tell when my arrives.

StashxFutura;284699 said:
Hi Bro Triple M,itzi true tat the MK2 GT3 will be available? Coz recently make a trip down to stuttgart & was told by them that there will not have anymore of it.Maybe even till 2010.Kinda sad when i heard it.Therefore am considering the 911turbo.Thanks.Afraid to make any regret decision. Btw did u gotta urself a GT3?

They probably told you bout the current Mk1 being no more in production.
I am pretty sure the MkII will surface.

If u like a turbo, Auto Concept has got a white color good spec, tiptronic just arrived not long ago. It wasnt spoken for yet when I asked so maybe u might want to check it out and snatch it..

Yep, i got myself the GT3.

bleachberu;284744 said:
If they are stopping production runs of the GT3, I wonder how resale values will be affected? Presumably, they will be upheld?

Cheers,
B

Well, from wht i hv observed...the GT3/RS holds the best value in the 911 ranges. For the same year of make and relatively close months, a 996 GT3 and a 996 Turbo were trading at similar prices...and fyi, when they were new, there were quite far apart back then...:)

WOW.Nice ride u guys gotta, Bro Triple M & Benz61.Thanks for all valuable advices. Wonder how long will the MK2 GT3 gonna arrive in our shore?2009? :)

TripleM,

I think you're probably right. The silver 996GT3 in the mkt now is still priced higher than a comparable turbo. Having said that, 996 turbos took a big hit in general, for some reason. Perhaps over production? In any case, a great car and looks good value now. I wonder if the 997 Turbos will share a similar fate?

Congrats on your GT3, fantastic choice! (mine too although the GTR at close to half the price appeals to my wallet)

Cheers,
B

the 996 had the fried egg headlights, and I'm sure that played a part to depress all residuals throughout the 996 and 986 range.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back