One issue after another...

Re: One issue after another...

ac323;591622 said:
i think alot also depend on ex-owner maintenance but then again........mechanical stuff cant really predict...............my previous 3 Series (E46) 148000km then upz the lorry ( which means better than Lancer, hehe )

cheers

Great! my E46 is coming up to 130k soon, any tell tale signs of impending failure?

tlkchew;591813 said:
Great! my E46 is coming up to 130k soon, any tell tale signs of impending failure?

Hi tlk,

when you drive you can actually feel that the gear slips.................( lucky i detect it early otherwise if stalled half-way then got to tow )

cheers

ac323;591821 said:
Hi tlk,

when you drive you can actually feel that the gear slips.................( lucky i detect it early otherwise if stalled half-way then got to tow )

cheers

hmmm had 1 gear slip a while back, but that was when the car sort of went over a drop in an uneven road in malaysia. other then that changing up when in slow speed(eg driving up mscp) seems alittle retarded.

guess better get it checked next service.
will be a 1 days job at least.

tlkchew;591825 said:
hmmm had 1 gear slip a while back, but that was when the car sort of went over a drop in an uneven road in malaysia. other then that changing up when in slow speed(eg driving up mscp) seems alittle retarded.

guess better get it checked next service.
will be a 1 days job at least.

yup................

cheers

James1500;591731 said:
Bro,

Thanks for those comforting words.. But again, I can empathize as well as sympathize your situation.. I do hoped your car's issue will be resolved. I also know many of them had the same problem but they refused to work on it or even acknowledge it.. I wish them well :whipper:.. Anyway, yes, buying car is like Baccarat, Player / Banker.. sometimes TIE... :D:laughing:

Ha Ha James,

You speak the language of the tables. The TIE payout is always very good!

Maybe Blackjack sums it up better for me. I think I got a good hand in terms of pricing so it is ELEVEN double down facing a dealer SIX. I think my car problems not super critical yet unless the gearbox is assessed to be totally kaput. General checks by STA, PML are basically ok other than some wear and tear issues so for this the dealer deals an Eight to his original SIX.

Tomorrow I'm going to BVO. If the assessment is to change the whole gearbox then Dealer gets a SEVEN and a 21. I'm hoping it is a small issue like software upgrade or something.

*Leans forward, looks at car and shouts PICTURE!!!*

highbury;591859 said:
Ha Ha James,

You speak the language of the tables. The TIE payout is always very good!

Maybe Blackjack sums it up better for me. I think I got a good hand in terms of pricing so it is ELEVEN double down facing a dealer SIX. I think my car problems not super critical yet unless the gearbox is assessed to be totally kaput. General checks by STA, PML are basically ok other than some wear and tear issues so for this the dealer deals an Eight to his original SIX.

Tomorrow I'm going to BVO. If the assessment is to change the whole gearbox then Dealer gets a SEVEN and a 21. I'm hoping it is a small issue like software upgrade or something.

*Leans forward, looks at car and shouts PICTURE!!!*

:thumbsup::thumbsup:Si buay ho.. Your explanation is superb!!! :shakemyb: For me, I had ELEVEN, dealer was SIX, doubled up and hit a FIVE..:slaphead: Now hoping for another FIVE (Car was sent in this morning).. I will broadcast the outcome once I got the car back.. Gd luck to you too..

Hope the 2 of you gets "picture", and dealer also "picture". :cool:

PUSH no good....

James1500;592118 said:
:thumbsup::thumbsup:Si buay ho.. Your explanation is superb!!! :shakemyb: For me, I had ELEVEN, dealer was SIX, doubled up and hit a FIVE..:slaphead: Now hoping for another FIVE (Car was sent in this morning).. I will broadcast the outcome once I got the car back.. Gd luck to you too..

Bro James,

Double down - One Card only. No need for you to hope for five! Just dealer get Picture 1 and Picture 2 - Too Many!!

I collected my car from BVO yesterday evening. Changed a lot of wear and tear items - front and rear arm bushes, rear brake pads, rotor and spark plugs. Now the drive is smooth - I like.

They also did a ECU reprogramming to try to tackle the gearbox jerk issue and now there is no jerk anymore so I'm happy. However, I remember reading somewhere on this forum that this ECU reprogramming or software upgrade sometimes can resolve the problem and sometimes the jerk problem can comeback after a few days/weeks.

So what do you guys think. I guess I'll wait a few days/week before determining what card the dealer pulls.

*Shouts PICTURE 1 , PICTURE 2* for James and myself.

Hi Highbury

Sorry to inform that the so call reprogramming is merely to delete the error message found in the gear box. It will drive smoothly for a few days. After that, the problem will resurface again..

highbury;591617 said:
The solution seems to bake the car in the hot sun for about 30 mins whilst turning the aircon temp to hot and recirculate. I've tried turning the aircon to hot for a while but unfortunately I always do this at night when I have free time. I haven't really done it in the hot sun yet so perhaps this is what I must try next.
Hi . If above doesn't work try driving with the aircon air recirculate switch set to "on" or "auto". Cheers.

Double K;592443 said:
Hi Highbury

Sorry to inform that the so call reprogramming is merely to delete the error message found in the gear box. It will drive smoothly for a few days. After that, the problem will resurface again..

Shucks!
Thanks for the heads up mate!! Ok. I guess I'll probably have to be mentally prepared to get the jerk again.

longhorn;592478 said:
Hi . If above doesn't work try driving with the aircon air recirculate switch set to "on" or "auto". Cheers.

By recirculate this means the empty circle sign on right? Thats what I've been doing. Only thing is I've been doing it at 11pm at night when I'm free. I should do it in the day in the hot sun instead.

Hi all,

After my 4th attempt, I am glad to announce the dealer drew 2 pictures!!! BUST! I won with 16 points..

My gearbox was worked on yesterday and today at 12pm, they smsed me and say the car is ok.. I went down to collect the car with skepticism... Requested for a test drive with Powerbox on Map 0 ...... ...... PERFECT, no jerk but super sluggish.. Parked my car by the side, switch to MAP3, and the instant torque response kicked in .... Still PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its totally resolved!!!! :D I am so happy after 2 half months, the issue has finally resolved!

Immediately sms my dealer and told them about this issue and they replied "Wow.. so long then solve" ... kns@#!@#!@#

Now I am working on my passenger headrest... but should be a simpler issue.. :p

highbury;592498 said:
By recirculate this means the empty circle sign on right? Thats what I've been doing. Only thing is I've been doing it at 11pm at night when I'm free. I should do it in the day in the hot sun instead.
Oops correction. I meant set it to "off" ie.let the fresh air from outside into the car. And I don't mean 11 at night. Do this while DRIVING...

Apologies if I couldn't stop ranting my experience with the Performance Motor Workshop competencies when dealing with the E60 525i issues.

It started off when I experienced difficulties in pairing my bluetooth mobile with the car, but eventually I noticed none of the bluetooth mobile could detect the car's bluetooth system. As I was also waiting for the dealer to order the latest BMW GPS DVD navigation disk, I instructed the workshop to check the GPS navigation system as well.

For the first half of the day, the workshop ran the system diagnostic application and found no fault in the system.
Subsequently, the workshop decided to upgrade the car's system software which took a full day to complete.
After the upgrade, the workshop informed me that they still couldn't resolve the fault, and requested to run the system diagnostic application again.
Another half a day later, the workshop found a faulty handsfree control unit and had to wait 2 days for the part to arrive at the workshop. But they have yet found the GPS navigation system fault. Despite that, the workshop planned to undergo another 24-hr software upgrade again after they replaced the handsfree control unit.

To add salt to the insult, the Advisor informed me that they didn't know if the hardware (Bluetooth and GPS Nav systems) were at all installed in the car.

The entire episode was frustrating and I doubt if the system diagnostic application was effective in detecting fault at all. Furthermore, after all the checking, testings and software update, the workshop couldn't tell me if the hardware were present in the car.

This experience with the Performance Motor Workshop leaves a bitter aftertaste and a dented expectation of their competencies.

"... the workshop couldn't tell me if the hardware were present in the car." Whose fault... company HR philosophy, management principles, recruitment error?

knighty;592538 said:
Apologies if I couldn't stop ranting my experience with the Performance Motor Workshop competencies when dealing with the E60 525i issues.

It started off when I experienced difficulties in pairing my bluetooth mobile with the car, but eventually I noticed none of the bluetooth mobile could detect the car's bluetooth system. As I was also waiting for the dealer to order the latest BMW GPS DVD navigation disk, I instructed the workshop to check the GPS navigation system as well.

For the first half of the day, the workshop ran the system diagnostic application and found no fault in the system.
Subsequently, the workshop decided to upgrade the car's system software which took a full day to complete.
After the upgrade, the workshop informed me that they still couldn't resolve the fault, and requested to run the system diagnostic application again.
Another half a day later, the workshop found a faulty handsfree control unit and had to wait 2 days for the part to arrive at the workshop. But they have yet found the GPS navigation system fault. Despite that, the workshop planned to undergo another 24-hr software upgrade again after they replaced the handsfree control unit.

To add salt to the insult, the Advisor informed me that they didn't know if the hardware (Bluetooth and GPS Nav systems) were at all installed in the car.

The entire episode was frustrating and I doubt if the system diagnostic application was effective in detecting fault at all. Furthermore, after all the checking, testings and software update, the workshop couldn't tell me if the hardware were present in the car.

This experience with the Performance Motor Workshop leaves a bitter aftertaste and a dented expectation of their competencies.

That's why I chose not to return to PML unless established workshop like Boss, KBS, J4C, KT, etc can't resolve which is highly improbable.

sorry to hear your problems.
this certainly change some owner's mind that AD is the best where they know their product well (in & out) and they got all the necessary tools to fix thing.
PML sucks!

James1500;592510 said:
Hi all,

After my 4th attempt, I am glad to announce the dealer drew 2 pictures!!! BUST! I won with 16 points..

My gearbox was worked on yesterday and today at 12pm, they smsed me and say the car is ok.. I went down to collect the car with skepticism... Requested for a test drive with Powerbox on Map 0 ...... ...... PERFECT, no jerk but super sluggish.. Parked my car by the side, switch to MAP3, and the instant torque response kicked in .... Still PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its totally resolved!!!! :D I am so happy after 2 half months, the issue has finally resolved!

Immediately sms my dealer and told them about this issue and they replied "Wow.. so long then solve" ... kns@#!@#!@#

Now I am working on my passenger headrest... but should be a simpler issue.. :p

Ha! Ha! James, 26- too many for the dealer !!
Great! What a relief for you!
Not really sure about the Map 0 or Map 3 stuff since I don't mod but finally now you can enjoy the car peacefully.

Perhaps you should reward the car/yourself with a nice polish/wax and make it feel good again. I'm going for my CSII this Thursday. I think my air con smell problem seems to be better so next item on my agenda would be to find a leather conditioner that would make the leather smell good. You do a wax job plus leather conditioning and you will feel like getting a new car again!

Cheers!

longhorn;592533 said:
Oops correction. I meant set it to "off" ie.let the fresh air from outside into the car. And I don't mean 11 at night. Do this while DRIVING...

Hi Longhorn,

If I remember correctly from reading the thread on this issue, the advice was to turn the temperature to hot, set it to recirculate mode and leave it for 15-30 mins. I was thinking that the logic behind this was that the recirculated air would get hotter and hotter and on a hot day as well the heat inside the car would get quite high and this could kill the germs/bacteria in the system.

Actually, I did try once to turn up the heat (but in recirculate mode) whilst driving but going into a car wash. By the end of the car wash, I was sweating like mad :uhhh::screwedu::oops:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chillnrelax
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back