One issue after another...

Re: One issue after another...

lol... :D :D

ha... think we just coin another word for bimmer......sweee charbo!

so... to all potential sweee charbo buyers, dun worry if she has been regularly serviced. worry only if she is a lau charbo. ugly, unloved, ram by many but never kana serviced properly. see her, U RUN!

James1500;590438 said:
lol... clocking 60k a yr!!! u can be a taxi driver liao.. ok, we are all our wife's taxi driver.

Actually its not that difficult to clock that kinda mileage when you go up north for fun too often...

To & From is already 880Km and a 20lap practice will clock well over 100Km (usual 3 hr session will use up 1 tank of gas - about 250Km) and there... Over 1,000 Km in 1 day...

If you do it weekly over a year, that's 52,000Km in a year... plus driving around to and from work... say another 25,000 a year... you get 77,000 a year... woah... worse than taxi liaozzz

lol.. true.. i wanna maintain my swee charbor... not about to make her a Phua Charbor :p

how do you resolve the noise in the cabin? The creaking sound can come from anywhere. I have the same issue...

James1500;587257 said:
Finally saved enough to buy myself a Nov '06 E60 523i early Sept 10... Has been close to 2 months but....

1. Upon collection of car, gear box issue - Lurching forward when coming to a stop. Fault was being rectified by TWM, 3 attempts since but since persist. Going for the 4th operation soon...

2. Rims up to 19" - Road handling was wobbling. Rectified Suspension bushes and lower arms.

3. Head rest knocking sound - Irritating...

4. Noise in cabin - Issue rectified.

5. Exhaust rattling - still ongoing..

6. and TODAY - Engine Overheating!!!

I really don't believe I am so bloody "suay"... but I have to concede... Bottom line to all BM W2B, please dun send your vehicle to STA, everything were certified As & Bs. Go to the professionals to have your car diagnosed thoroughly before committing.

:(:(:furious::furious::whythis:

hehehe.. meet me and buy me a kopi and i will tell u.. dun need to buy any 3M tape.. that cost a bomb.. mine cost $5.90 only.. :D

Ok, guys... just an update about this thread:

1. Gear box issue - Lurching forward when coming to a stop. Going for the 4th rectification at Khang's Auto next Thursday, they claimed they knew what is the problem and the parts they ordered has cleared custom and ready for installation.. :x

2. Rims up to 19" - Road handling was wobbling. Rectified Suspension bushes and lower arms. - Wobbling has significant reduced after high speed balancing done at H tyres for $30.

3. Head rest knocking sound - Irritating... (Still there.. anyone knows where to get rid of this problem??)!!!!

4. Noise in cabin - Issue rectified.

5. Exhaust rattling - Rectified at Kian Tiong.. FOC.. tightening of nuts under carriage.

6. Engine Overheating - water pump and thermostat replaced.. now its good.

I've also recently added my M pedals, M smoke lights, rear spoiler and LCI tail lights :) Once this gearbox issue is solved, i will send for another round of PPS, after 1.5 mths I had my CSII done #@#@!#@#!...

After all is done, still Swee charboh or monster? :chinese:

Hi,

Sorry to ride on the thread as i was not allowed to start new thread..

newbie here.. just got my 08' 525 last fri..

Intially when I took over.. when engage reverse gear, my passenger side mirror able to tilted down but now cant.. duno whether have I accidentially deactive it I have tried to meddle with the button but still cant..

Can anyone advice? Thanx n Regards

Bro, welcome.

Yes you can "deactivate" it by selecting the side mirror to "LEFT" instead of "RIGHT". When you are on "RIGHT" selection, the mirror will Auto tilt down to assist you in parking, which can be irritating at times. Once you select to "LEFT", the mirror will not tilt. Go try.. there's still alot of things for you to find out... Do join us for kopi and meet up sometimes.

James

etan1;590756 said:
After all is done, still Swee charboh or monster? :chinese:

After all is done, it will be a perfect charboh :) :nutkick:

James1500;590859 said:
Bro, welcome.

Yes you can "deactivate" it by selecting the side mirror to "LEFT" instead of "RIGHT". When you are on "RIGHT" selection, the mirror will Auto tilt down to assist you in parking, which can be irritating at times. Once you select to "LEFT", the mirror will not tilt. Go try.. there's still alot of things for you to find out... Do join us for kopi and meet up sometimes.

James

Thanx for the info.. Try tat b4 but din work. Later will try again thanx

newuser79;590880 said:
Thanx for the info.. Try tat b4 but din work. Later will try again thanx

try re-setting your memory seats again... should work with R mirror selected.

etan1;590888 said:
try re-setting your memory seats again... should work with R mirror selected.

Thanx okie Liao ha..think got stuck ha.. Settled .. Life move on..

Hi James,

Been following your thread for a while now. Was thinking whether to share my experience with all the bros here. Finally decided I should. Like you, I bought my 2005 E60 523 in June this year from a private owner. The car was very well look after as it was fully maintained by PML from the day it was bought. However, after just one month of driving, I experience the infamous gear box problem of lurching forward when coming to a stand still.

Since the car was serviced by PML all this while, I took the car to them for diagnostic. The result was that the gear box was faulty and needs replacement. The actual cost would be about $10K. Naturally I did not agree to this amount. I told them that all these while the car was under their care and that they should have a preventive maintainence programme for their car's gearboxes. The anwer from the Service Adviser was that such a programme did not exist in PML. I told them that if that was the case, then PML should have some responsibility too on the damage GB as they were one maintaining it from day 1. I think my reasoning works. You know what? They agree to change a recon GB from the factory for me. I would have to pay only 50% of the cost plus labour. The recon GB comes with a 2 years warranty...

I was a bit lucky that the car was fully maintained by PML for almost 5 years before I bought it. Hence, the courtesy of 50% from the factory in Germany for the recon GB. My point here is that you should at least try to ask your workshop to source for a recon GB. No point repairing it as the problem will eventually come back again.

My car was maintained meticulously by the previous owner by PML. The Stupid SA quoted me 8k for the entire gearbox assembly. Tried to reason with him to no avail. Its either 8k or go somewhere else.. so what's the point? I found another workshop that charges me 4-5k for a recon GB but I refused to swallow the cost becos I complaint about the issue the moment I took delivery of the car and as far as I am concern, the dealer has to make good which they did. They paid for the initial repair cost with Khang's Auto but Khangs did not managed to resolve this issue (which they told me was common. If its so bloody common, how could they failed 3 consecutive times???!?!?!?). End of the day, all if not most of the workshop told me to continue to pursue this case with Khangs which I did. I pray this 4th attempt will be a successful one. Wish me luck.

James1500;590944 said:
My car was maintained meticulously by the previous owner by PML. The Stupid SA quoted me 8k for the entire gearbox assembly. Tried to reason with him to no avail. Its either 8k or go somewhere else.. so what's the point? I found another workshop that charges me 4-5k for a recon GB but I refused to swallow the cost becos I complaint about the issue the moment I took delivery of the car and as far as I am concern, the dealer has to make good which they did. They paid for the initial repair cost with Khang's Auto but Khangs did not managed to resolve this issue (which they told me was common. If its so bloody common, how could they failed 3 consecutive times???!?!?!?). End of the day, all if not most of the workshop told me to continue to pursue this case with Khangs which I did. I pray this 4th attempt will be a successful one. Wish me luck.

Hi James,

good luck................so what's your mileage when your GB give-way?

cheers

it's normal for owner to get a recon GB when stock GB up lorry especially the car is 5+ years old or > 100K milleage.

ac323;590954 said:
Hi James,

good luck................so what's your mileage when your GB give-way?

cheers

Bro,

83000km

James

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shbet288store1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups