Predicament - for sharing (advice are welcome)

chershen

In a predicament now, for sharing.

Sold my previous C class to a dealer (no naming at this juncture), pass them the additional amount for the full settlement with the bank. That was in Jun 12.

Jul 12. I received a call from the bank to ask for my instalment so I was shocked. Told them that I had sold the car and pass all the full settlement amount to the dealer. Well, bank said "no, it is not full settled yet".

I went to the dealer immediately and they told me that it will be done "soonest".

A pal advised me to go to LTA to make a report and so I did. LTA called the dealer up for a "talk" for settlement of the case. I asked the LTA officer how long will it take for them to transfer my car. He told me that it is between me and the dealer. All they will do is to fine them and that is all. I was shocked.

Dealer was pissed that I went to LTA. I realised that I am at the losing end and LTA is not helping. I told LTA to end my case. Dealer continued to pay for my car's instalment and promised to do the transfer soonest.

Along the way, I checked with them every now and then; and it is always a story about an expat who is awaiting for funds to come in.

Time passed.

One fine day, I got a lawyer letter about an accident btw that C class and another ride. Apparently, that expat got into an accident. I passed them the letter and told them that this is inconceivable. The dealer took my documents and told me that they will settle it thru their insurer. I did not hear from that law firm again.

Time passed.

Along the way, I checked with them every now and then.

Last week, I got a letter from TP about speeding in that C class and that the road tax is due. Called the dealer. Did not pick up my call. Paid them a visit and lo and behold, that shop is G.O.N.E.

B.E.S.T.

Have found a lawyer and they will be sending them a letter on Monday.

I hope things will be resolved soon.

Don't flame me as this is my 1st unfortunate encounter. Of course, in retrospect, I could possibly have found a lawyer earlier and others but chose to believe in them until such a state. Could haves, should have...

For sharing, pls.

Have a great weekend.

Re: Predicament - for sharing (advice are welcome)

i feel for you...

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Wa biang si bei suay.

Hope your case gets settled soon bro.

Sorry to hear about this.

That dealer is a scumbag.

How come never settle directly with the bank initially ?

so is better to sell to an owner.............than a dealer if possible...

* hope Govt will step in to tighten up these used car dealership business
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

very unlucky.. hopefully it gets settled soon, all the best

Feel bad for u dude. So with the benefit of hindsight, should we follow the dealer to the bank and settle together? Or settle with bank first and then sell to dealer?

Goodness and damn unfortunate.

Wish u speedy case close and all the best.

Bro,
I feel for you. These horrible dishonest car dealers are the worst sort of ah beng around. Never never trust them although they will have the word 'steady' in every of their sentence.
Anyway you seems to be in some trouble.
1) The car is in your name and now you have to find and get back the car. You have to continue paying the car installment if not bank come after you.
2) The loan balance money you gave to the scumbag is gone.
3) You have outstanding fine and accident case to settle.

Hope you can resolve your issue quickly. Cheers.

sszone;965631 said:
make police report liao boh?

hope Police wont ask him to go CASE???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Holy cow. I need to tell you when I did my first sale of my old E90 to one pf those dealers (those that throw namecard on your windscreen) I had the same worry, but I stood firm despite all their stupid excuses and met up with the boss (young chap apparently) at MayBank and watch him count $10,000 bills in front of me before I handed over the key.

I really hope you resolve this ASAP. The best would be to get your car back.

P.S. Don't waste time with police (just file the case for paperwork purposes) and don't waste too much money on lawyers. These people have nothing to lose so the best would be to negotiate to get the car back.

Please share photos of your car so we can help trace. And leave your contact number.

Last edited by a moderator:

Personally I think it's good to expose their identity to all forummers and even to the media. Perhaps pressure from the public could help.

Predicament - for sharing (advice are welcome)

its a dang sad story. booohooohooo.... **sobs**

Shev;965643 said:
Personally I think it's good to expose their identity to all forummers and even to the media. Perhaps pressure from the public could help.

the shop is GONE i think.........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

This one considered cheating if runaway. Criminal case .... First thing is to find him.

Bad dealer.
I feel sorry for u bro.
Hope u settle ur unjust soonest.
Thanks for sharing, all of us could learn from here.

Red_Bean_Bun;965610 said:
Sorry to hear about this.

That dealer is a scumbag.

How come never settle directly with the bank initially ?

I didn't. Cos I had always dealt with dealers and this is my 1st.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
U888ink
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back