• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Prices for Bimmers

Re: Prices for Bimmers

bmw_newbie;456907 said:
Bro achee

frankly speaking, wanted to get the 323...but wife thinks it doesnt make sense to pay extra 20k for the same chasis. So, in the end, just get the 320. Besides, 320 gets more discount compared to 323. overtrade for 323 is only 6k compared against to 7k for 320.

So any ideas how to give the 320 more bhp??? can anyone bro shares what has been experimented so far? can i do them while under PML warranty?

Something lucid from me after my morning coffee before I get caught up in the madness which we call 'work'. :yikess:

Yup Coolman is right - your Missus is making an apple-orange comparison. The 320 is an inline 4 cylinder engine while the 323 is an inline 6. Theoretically, the inline 6 is an engine that is in perfect primary and secondary mechanical balance without using a balance shaft, resulting in an engine which will run more smoothly than other layouts.

So you'd be paying $20k more for a 6-pot engine if you'd gone for the 323, not just for the extra 30 ponies on the same chassis.

Anyhow, the 320 is still a good ride. There are a couple of things you can do to add some power to it:

a) air intake system
b) ECU remap / piggyback ECU system if you're a bit iffy about flashing your ECU altogether

The other mods are mainly to reduce weight as well as to alter other aspects of your ride, which in my books do not equate to more horses. Velocity and Sprintboosters are added on to 'trick' the ECU into opening more throttle, hence making your ride feel more powerful. They don't actually add BHPs.

To add more ponies to your ride whilst under PML warranty is rather nebulous as one would not know what they will say when it comes to the crunch. The general impression that I get from most external garages is that the warranty for the specific item will be void if you mess around or change it. For example, the intake system will be void if you change it to an aftermarket one. Then again would it matter since you'd be getting warranty coverage from your aftermarket item anyway.

The real grey area comes when PML argues that your stock component screwed up as a result of your aftermarket modification, which I have a nagging suspicion that they will! So another way round this is to keep the stock parts which you have taken out, and replace them before you send your ride in for warranty claims.

Hope I made some sense. Do correct me if I'm erronous in any way.

Cheers

bmw_newbie;456992 said:
i got additional v-cool and 3M floor mat. haha, just need some assurance to know that i got a good buy.

So actually your SE is converting the PML vouchers to cash discount.... pretty good. In mean time just wait for your new ride (just like me) ....... but the waiting time reli sucks and can kill :errmm: :errmm: :errmm: :( :( :(

I'm not a guru therefore increasing of bhp will just leave it to others to guide u along. Or just pop over for any meetup and I'm sure u will be able to pick up a lot of "deadly" poisons :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Maybe you did not contact with the correct PI that is willing to take time to sit down, work out the specs and place an order for you.
Singaporeans love automatics, so likely PI do not want to take the risk to bring in a low demand manual gear car.

In my search for a 3-convertible with comfort access, my PI says there are many manual gear ready stocks in the UK market for me to chose. If I had agreed to a manual gear convertible, PI said he could have the car shipped and registered within one month.
Seems like most UK owners likes their BMW car in manual.

Anyway, in the end I spec for a automatic 3-convertible with comfort access and endured the 2.5 months of factory build + shipping(from germany to UK, then from UK to Singapore).

astrosky;455324 said:
any idea if PIs bring in manual versions of the convertible? I tried contacting a few and they dun seem to do it.

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

Tintin;456998 said:
Something lucid from me after my morning coffee before I get caught up in the madness which we call 'work'. :yikess:

Yup Coolman is right - your Missus is making an apple-orange comparison. The 320 is an inline 4 cylinder engine while the 323 is an inline 6. Theoretically, the inline 6 is an engine that is in perfect primary and secondary mechanical balance without using a balance shaft, resulting in an engine which will run more smoothly than other layouts.

So you'd be paying $20k more for a 6-pot engine if you'd gone for the 323, not just for the extra 30 ponies on the same chassis.

Anyhow, the 320 is still a good ride. There are a couple of things you can do to add some power to it:

a) air intake system
b) ECU remap / piggyback ECU system if you're a bit iffy about flashing your ECU altogether

The other mods are mainly to reduce weight as well as to alter other aspects of your ride, which in my books do not equate to more horses. Velocity and Sprintboosters are added on to 'trick' the ECU into opening more throttle, hence making your ride feel more powerful. They don't actually add BHPs.

To add more ponies to your ride whilst under PML warranty is rather nebulous as one would not know what they will say when it comes to the crunch. The general impression that I get from most external garages is that the warranty for the specific item will be void if you mess around or change it. For example, the intake system will be void if you change it to an aftermarket one. Then again would it matter since you'd be getting warranty coverage from your aftermarket item anyway.

The real grey area comes when PML argues that your stock component screwed up as a result of your aftermarket modification, which I have a nagging suspicion that they will! So another way round this is to keep the stock parts which you have taken out, and replace them before you send your ride in for warranty claims.

Cheers

Anyone testdrove and compared the 318 vs 320?

Hi namron,

318i and 320i in terms of power is 20hp and 20nm less so really can't feel much of a difference unless you have a sensitive butt.........i would say if you test the 320i than you test the 335i you will feel the great difference.........

if not go for the 323i.......(6pot)

happy hunting

cheers

ac323;457109 said:
Hi namron,

318i and 320i in terms of power is 20hp and 20nm less so really can't feel much of a difference unless you have a sensitive butt.........i would say if you test the 320i than you test the 335i you will feel the great difference.........

if not go for the 323i.......(6pot)

happy hunting

cheers
Are they the same engine, 20hp due to ECU programming?

namron;457113 said:

Frankly speaking a lot of pple r saying 318 is sharing same engine with 320 but just detune version. But went to PML with my friend last week and was told by SE that 318 and 320 is not same engine block.

I believe it means that the cc. is the same, lah...

For example, capacity is 1,999 cc then both cars same cc.. I think they are not talking about same type of engine. it is the cubic cm ...

coolman;457116 said:
Frankly speaking a lot of pple r saying 318 is sharing same engine with 320 but just detune version. But went to PML with my friend last week and was told by SE that 318 and 320 is not same engine block.

Ah Lian;457127 said:
I believe it means that the cc. is the same, lah...

For example, capacity is 1,999 cc then both cars same cc.. I think they are not talking about same type of engine. it is the cubic cm ...

ha ha i suppose u are right......

coolman;457116 said:
U better look 4 another SE. Both engine are N46B20. U could also take the chassis number of showroom vehicle & cross check it against realoem. The chassis no is at driver side center pillar.

Anyone can elighten me what is the current waiting delivery time for a new 525i?

Thanxs!

davidtch;457157 said:
U better look 4 another SE. Both engine are N46B20. U could also take the chassis number of showroom vehicle & cross check it against realoem. The chassis no is at driver side center pillar.

Bro tnks for sharing this info. Anyway he is not my SE but the price he quoted my friend also not a bad deal, think even better than mine (so jealous now), just that my friend got other committment thus didnt go ahead with it. :errrrrrr: :errrrrrr:

kiss29;457056 said:
Maybe you did not contact with the correct PI that is willing to take time to sit down, work out the specs and place an order for you.
Singaporeans love automatics, so likely PI do not want to take the risk to bring in a low demand manual gear car.

In my search for a 3-convertible with comfort access, my PI says there are many manual gear ready stocks in the UK market for me to chose. If I had agreed to a manual gear convertible, PI said he could have the car shipped and registered within one month.

Anyway, in the end I spec for a automatic 3-convertible with comfort access and endured the 2.5 months of factory build + shipping(from germany to UK, then from UK to Singapore).

Hey bro,

can recommend me your PI?

kiss29;457056 said:

Can advice your PI also? PM me if not convenient, thanks.

Tintin;456998 said:

a) air intake system

Cheers

yes, understand what you mean....well..will leave the 6-pot to my new ride in 3 years time. meanwhile, looking forward to the 320 in august and sourcing for 18" rims first.

Tintin;456998 said:

a) air intake system

Cheers

Bro you are so correct, but you are still the heartless casanova who ditch his Italian Slut for the Bavarian Sexpot. But I like :shakebon: :shakebon: :shakebon:

This weekend "you know what" I still arranging. Shl be able to update you regarding our "hot date" by Fri.

Cheers Hitler

coolman;457013 said:
So actually your SE is converting the PML vouchers to cash discount.... pretty good. In mean time just wait for your new ride (just like me) ....... but the waiting time reli sucks and can kill :errmm: :errmm: :errmm: :( :( :(

I'm not a guru therefore increasing of bhp will just leave it to others to guide u along. Or just pop over for any meetup and I'm sure u will be able to pick up a lot of "deadly" poisons :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Bro, no need to wait veri long liao..... tune the countdown clock now.

Talk about poison, you wasted another good opportunity to be poisoned further yesterday. Haizzzz

But thern again the next one is only a mth away. Muahahahaha

Cheers

namron;457113 said:

Same 4 pot engine, with 20 ponies detuned purposely. Of course, the price diff includes a few other cosmetic and interior features

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back