PS2 vs Dunlop Sports Maxx

Re: PS2 vs Dunlop Sports Maxx

Off topic a little :offtopic: Pls pardon me cos i'm only a 2 weeks old bmw owner :) If i change my factory fitted runflat tires to PS2, can the runflat feature still work with non-runflat tires when got stuck with a nail or something else...

Centurion9990;163840 said:
Off topic a little :offtopic: Pls pardon me cos i'm only a 2 weeks old bmw owner :) If i change my factory fitted runflat tires to PS2, can the runflat feature still work with non-runflat tires when got stuck with a nail or something else...

Are you talking about the TPM or the tyre itself? The runflat feature is on the tyres, not the car/rims.

TripleM;161921 said:
If PS2 is quiet and comfortable, then Preceda should be more superior in those aspects
i test drove a car with 17" Preceda yesterday. altho the test route was rather short, i thot the road noise was surprisingly absent...the test was plainly by "ear" and was comparing it with aspec dB that i had. thot Preceda being a performance tyre would have some audible road noise...:uhhh:

preceda is not a performance tyre. its a A tyre...not A+

hi totoseow, tks for the education. how about PS2 then? is it an A+ tyre?

If you do not drive hard, you must really try the Bridgestone Turanza. It's comfortable, very low noise levels, much cheaper , lasts longer and decent enough for daily driving. Also had several kerb hits and the sidewalls are tough, not like Michelins and others.

gadgets;164686 said:
hi totoseow, tks for the education. how about PS2 then? is it an A+ tyre?
PS2 is THE performance tyres from the Michelin stable, hence the huge price tag. As with other performance tyres, noise level and comfort takes a back seat during it's design and engineering. Handling/grip and non-aqua planing comes first in all performance tyres.

anyway price updates for those looking at the PS2.

just ordered. front 235/35/19 for 620; rear 265/30/19 for 720 rear.

totoseow;164810 said:
anyway price updates for those looking at the PS2.

just ordered. front 235/35/19 for 620; rear 265/30/19 for 720 rear.
Wah knn.. That amount(620+720) can buy all four tires on my car liao..

2667 in total...no choice...sibei expensive the ps2....

totoseow;164813 said:
2667 in total...no choice...sibei expensive the ps2....

Gila pricing man... really not funny... but hey... you engage performance driving everyday anyway... PS2 fully justified...

the compound is a lot a lot softer than sportsmaxx...its also one of the lightest.

colrc;164693 said:
If you do not drive hard, you must really try the Bridgestone Turanza. It's comfortable, very low noise levels, much cheaper , lasts longer and decent enough for daily driving. Also had several kerb hits and the sidewalls are tough, not like Michelins and others.
went to a popular tyre shop in AMK n asked abt pricing for GR80 and PP2, GR80 was cheaper by only $10 per tyre. while i value comfort and quietness, the wet roads of local driving makes me think hard on getting the PP2. decisions, decisions...

gadgets;164829 said:
went to a popular tyre shop in AMK n asked abt pricing for GR80 and PP2, GR80 was cheaper by only $10 per tyre. while i value comfort and quietness, the wet roads of local driving makes me think hard on getting the PP2. decisions, decisions...

PP2? Is that PS2 that you are talking abt?
I will be extremely surprised if the price difference is only $10 per tyre.
For my size, 17inch, the difference is $320 for PS2 vs $210 for GR80.

Actually I understand PS2 will not be good enough for track.
And off track, I think one seldom drives hard enough to need PS2. On Singapore road anyway.

Thus, in retrospect, I would have gone for GR80.

A good tyre will show its full potential when you drive around sharp bends. Of course most of us do not drive fast but you never know when you need them, especially during emergency. Tyres are the only thing that comes into contact with the road so it is very important to have "good" tyres. I would rather spent a bit more on "good" tyres, than to splurge on dressing up my car . Especially now, when it is raining everyday. You can tell the difference from a good tyre to a average one.

actually i was referring to Pilot Preceda 2, which i gather is good on wet and quiet...somethi i'm quite surprised about unless technology has advanced that far...saw the review here ONE.MOTORING - Pilot Preceda PP2

any bros here uses PP2 and can give some feedback? tks

Hi Guys,

I got a quote of SGD990 nett on a set of Goodyear F1, made in Germany. Following setup: F: 225/50/17 and R:235/50/17.

Is that a reasonable offer or do you think I can get a better deal?

Pls advise.

Cheers,
B

bleachberu;167484 said:
Hi Guys,

I got a quote of SGD990 nett on a set of Goodyear F1, made in Germany. Following setup: F: 225/50/17 and R:235/50/17.

Is that a reasonable offer or do you think I can get a better deal?

Pls advise.

Cheers,
B

I got my 235/35/19 F1GSD3 for $320 each when I got my rims together. Your price appears high-ish for 17" ?

Hi Beng,

Hmm...perhaps coz if your rim package?

Mine are just pure tires. avg cost $248 per tire.

Any other feedback pls.

Cheers,
B

I just gotten mine at $130 per tire GDS3 from Thailand 215/45/R17!!
Can trade in my of tire for $X0 summore....

Is it really that much different for German made tire??

So far happy with it as I went cruisingly fast on NS Highway last weekend...

:chinese:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky88rehab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back