PS2 vs Dunlop Sports Maxx

Re: PS2 vs Dunlop Sports Maxx

dfstan;160623 said:
waynechai, care to give a quick review if PS2 is noisy? thought of getting it and noise is my main concern.

dude, high performance tires are usually noisy .. you want comfort and quiet tyres.. then look more for like pilot perceda tyres or lower grade tyres that are meant more for comfort than anything else.

shaaz, i agreed to your comment. but at least not too noisy as to raise my radio music to drown the tires noise from the road. my ride is still on the 1st set of tires (about 2 yrs now). really considering of using CS2. maybe shd attend the monthly meetup to get a better feel/hear of the tires.

hmmm... you should come down to the meet-up and meet up with the guys.. see the ones with high perfromance tyres and the ones with comfort, usually the high performance tyres aren't that bad till it gets abit worn out then .. err.. it'll pretty loud..

But IMHO, if you're not so much of a track orientated person... then scrap the PS2 idea.. look for cheaper alternatives... the lower range ones..

Shaaz.

Shaaz, thx. For me, comfort is more important. dun really cheong anyway. dun mind spending more $ on better sets of tires that give me that quiet comfort. any good tires to recommend besides pilot perceda ? cheers

Drop by Ray-S and look for Raymond.. he'll be able to advise you...

It's shop details are on the Resources page.

sorry, can't find ray-s under resources. u have the contact number? thx

there's always yellowpages.com.sg

Ray-S Sport Rim Centre
Address : 10 Kaki Bukit Rd 1 #01-41 Singapore 416175
Telephone : 6342 2328

waynechai;158004 said:
what are some of the good comfort tyres then?

are your F1s from thailand or germany? there are 2xtypes which i personally had on my 3.1ltre
6-sp LSD. both sets are 225x40x18 pressure 270frt and 285rr hot inflation.

if its noisy, then, they may be the ones from thailand. the german ones as designated F1GSD3.
had them on since feb 2004 logged about 25,000km and rotated every 6mths.

check your tyre pressure inflation? they may be overly inflated.

still fairly quiet and usually above 110km/h.

if you are not convinced, try GOODYEAR REVSPEC made in japan.

had them on both my odyssey 3.0 vtec and airtrek turbo r. put on 40k km 1st yr in the odyssey due to numerous jaunts up to kl and penang and still find them confortable, quiet, firm but not too stiff, steady in the corner and excellent in the wet.

your original tyre size had lots of sidewall to 'cushion' road humps and bumps while upsizing your tyres meant less sidewall for 'cushioning'.

hoped that helped the situation.

Bros, sorry to side track. Can I know what is the typical tyre pressure for 225 r17 45 tyres(front and back). I normally travel with one more passenger in the car with no loads.

Cheers! :wavey:
Jenn

I can summarily concluded that the PS2 is definitely better than the Eagle F1.
Noise level is more tolerable, and the ride is more comfortable.
The grip on wet weather doesnt seem as confident though.

Actually, I am not sure if it is worth the money.
Just that think that since I am driving a pretty expensive car....why save on the tyres,

I think for comfort and noise, I would have gone for Bridgestone GR80.
The performance for this tyre is not too bad too.
Just that I have to pay 240 instead of 210 which i can get elsewhere,
At 210, it would be a saving of 110 per tyre.

just fyi, thai made F1s are also marked as F1 GSD3 on the tirewall.

i've tried both thai and german ones. can't tell the difference to be honest.

Since we are on tyre choices.

I currently run 235/35/19 Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 all round on my E90 mata-chia. My driving style is slow-and-steady, always staying belwo good-citizen speed of 120km/h in SG. Never track at all, but have been driving up north very regularly, using NS highway n trunkroads. Sometimes I do hard cornering too:)

Tyres are 8km old, tyre pressure had been a trial-and-error game for me. At moment I find 245kPA all round to be best for performance vs comfort, not that I particularly like the comfort level now.

I found many tyres shops in Msia with very good pricing. Am tempted to change tyres. Like the thread starter I lean more towards comfort/quietness than performance. The fastest I ve driven is 160km/h limited by my SCO.

So I heard quieter tyres and cheaper ones like Michelin Preceda, GoodYear Revspec. Can I use these? Any others like these to consider?

After my Goodyears F1 GSD3 reached 25k to 30k, they became very noisy especially at low speeds. I changed to Revspec II a these are in between high performance and comfort tyres - exactly what I need for daily useage in Singapore and the occasional high speed drive in Malaysia.

So far, the Revspec IIs are fine.

The Michelin Precedas are more comfort-tyre tyres although I heard that they are quite quiet.

i was told Michelin Precedas is rather noisy as well. any comments ?

If PS2 is quiet and comfortable, then Preceda should be more superior in those aspects

If PS2 is quiet and comfortable, then Preceda should be more superior in those aspects

Hi Bro

I think PS2 is one grade higher then Preceda. Can someone clarify??

Regards

Henry

Henry1515;161994 said:

Hi Bro

I think PS2 is one grade higher then Preceda. Can someone clarify??

Regards

Henry

Yup... PS2 is a grade up from Preceda - what Triple M is saying is that Preceda being a less performance-oriented tyre should be quieter and more comfortable than PS2.

I think Preceda is not a Performance grade tyre...
And in its grade, I think the GR 80 seems to recieve even better feedback.

By the way, on PS2, I realise that the way the tyre feel on wet or dry road is the same, thus causing the slighter lower of confidence. Whereas for Goddyear F1, the feel is different thereby clearly making you feel that the tyre is working different to take care of the wet road and thus making you more confident.

I am not sure when my tyre will run out...I will change to the non-performance tyre after that I think.

Hmm... anyone care to comment on Falken 452?
Heard its a performance tyre with good grips in wet and quiet too...

thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky88rehab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back