PS2 vs Dunlop Sports Maxx

Re: PS2 vs Dunlop Sports Maxx

dpointt;167557 said:
I just gotten mine at $130 per tire GDS3 from Thailand 215/45/R17!!
Can trade in my of tire for $X0 summore....

Is it really that much different for German made tire??

So far happy with it as I went cruisingly fast on NS Highway last weekend...

:chinese:

wow, that's really cheap. 225/45/17 from thailand were $230 each when i bought them less than 6 months ago.

which shop offered you this price?

Well, its about 130~140ish if u as more tire shop now
be it Poh Heng, Yap Bro or even Leong Seng...

Think of changing to new tires?? but 6 months, still pretty new..
Try trading your old tires with any of these 3 shops...
U'll be surprise with the value u getting later??

Still safety is most important...

May I know PS2 manufacture from which country?

Since F1 there are from Germany and Thailand.

barney loves to burn rubber...

i using sportmax..
235/35/19 front, and 265/30/19 rear
i find it abit noisy..
ohhhh, i don know whether it's make in germany or elsewhere.. :confused:

I must say that these past few weeks of heavy rain and wet roads, I have come to thrust the SportMaxx even at higher speeds, through large puddles etc. Did not feel any aquaplaning at all. Anyway, those on my car are made in Germany. Cheers!

yes....with heavy rains these few days, i am beginning to apreciate my T1R v-grooves....it does make a diff

Sting;169535 said:
I must say that these past few weeks of heavy rain and wet roads, I have come to thrust the SportMaxx even at higher speeds, through large puddles etc. Did not feel any aquaplaning at all. Anyway, those on my car are made in Germany. Cheers!

I totally agree. Great tyres for the price....

hi fellas,

like to ask if any one has any opinions on csc2? and also re050?
can they match up to ps2 in terms of performance and value for money?

as for comfort tires, besides gr80, any other excellent recommendations?

of cos, anyone with bad experiences with any of these tires, do care to share too...much appreciated!

jylam;172424 said:
hi fellas,

like to ask if any one has any opinions on csc2? and also re050?
can they match up to ps2 in terms of performance and value for money?

as for comfort tires, besides gr80, any other excellent recommendations?

of cos, anyone with bad experiences with any of these tires, do care to share too...much appreciated!

I'm using GR80 on my other car, but wet rain grip not very good, that's for me lah. Was also considering ps2 and was offer conti tyre, any good ?

I used to drive a Camry with the GR80, very quiet and comfortable but these things floats on water at 70 km/h. Change the ride to the E90 320i in 2005 and replaced the runflats with 17'' GY F1 last year. After 20,000 km, the noise level went up significantly despite regular retations. While the 'performance' is better the GR80, the E90 still floats on water during the wet season at highway speed.

I guess if you want quiet and comfort, GR80, Preceda are your type of tyres but expect too much on Performance. But on the other hand, if you are on Ultra High Performance tyres like PS2, SP and F1, do remember that its still a tyre and not glue. Go easy on the padel in wet weather or you might just float like me.

Motofish;173390 said:
if you are on Ultra High Performance tyres like PS2, SP and F1, do remember that its still a tyre and not glue. Go easy on the padel in wet weather or you might just float like me.

Do you really consider the F1 to be in the same leaque as the PS2?
Tot that CSC3, P-zeros would be a fairer compare.

of course, agree that due care to be taken when driving in the wet regardless on how good your tyres is coz someone else's might not be :)

ben1;173431 said:
Do you really consider the F1 to be in the same leaque as the PS2?
Tot that CSC3, P-zeros would be a fairer compare.

of course, agree that due care to be taken when driving in the wet regardless on how good your tyres is coz someone else's might not be :)
I was one of many who were influence by the Car and Driver review of Ultra High Performance tires. In that review, RE050, PS2, Sportmaxx and F1 were included. Becos of thie review, I bought the F1. Its good performance and great value, but noise level up significantly after 20,000 km. If you miss the review, see below:
Tire Test: The Quick and the Tread - Features - Car and Driver December 2005

Motofish;173827 said:
I was one of many who were influence by the Car and Driver review of Ultra High Performance tires. In that review, RE050, PS2, Sportmaxx and F1 were included. Becos of thie review, I bought the F1. Its good performance and great value, but noise level up significantly after 20,000 km. If you miss the review, see below:
Tire Test: The Quick and the Tread - Features - Car and Driver December 2005

I too was 'con'-vinced by that review and got myself the F1.
Crapest 'performance' tyres ever. Changed it after 5k.Sian!

Not that I'm avocating anything but the PS2 seems to wear out well (40-50k) (if no tracking) compared to F1 (20k) buah tahan liao!
If you factor in the lifespan of the tyre, the PS2 is actual cheaper over the period of use.

However, that's just me.

Ben1,

Thanks. A bit sian with the F1 now but heartache to replace after 20K. Maybe another 10k then change out and PS2 is one on my target list. Cheers.

my personal opinion and experience...... forget about Aspect DB mentioned, junk tyres with ultra long braking distant..... GOODYEAR REVSPEC from Japan is a good balance in term of comfort and performance but not many shops are carrying them.

jjs_sg;174488 said:
my personal opinion and experience...... forget about Aspect DB mentioned, junk tyres with ultra long braking distant..... GOODYEAR REVSPEC from Japan is a good balance in term of comfort and performance but not many shops are carrying them.

Yes, I agree. I am on these tyres too. Goodyear Revspec's price is also between the performance and comfort tyres. So far, so good.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back