PS2 vs Dunlop Sports Maxx

Re: PS2 vs Dunlop Sports Maxx

Have been running on the GR80 for about 43,000km now, time to look for replacements. The tyres have served me very well, quiet and decent grip in both dry and wet conditions, even when worn, noise level was good, no surprises in the wet, maybe because I drive too slow (ya, tell that to the Mrs beside). Been toying with the idea of slapping on the F1 from Goodyear. Anyone who has gone from GR80 to the F1 to share and compare their experience?

marko-polo;178650 said:
Have been running on the GR80 for about 43,000km now, time to look for replacements. The tyres have served me very well, quiet and decent grip in both dry and wet conditions, even when worn, noise level was good, no surprises in the wet, maybe because I drive too slow (ya, tell that to the Mrs beside). Been toying with the idea of slapping on the F1 from Goodyear. Anyone who has gone from GR80 to the F1 to share and compare their experience?

Just my opinion...F1s work well in the wet. Dry...they do make a lot of noise when flicking the car hard into turns.

Never used GR80 before.

bleachberu;167484 said:
Hi Guys,

I got a quote of SGD990 nett on a set of Goodyear F1, made in Germany. Following setup: F: 225/50/17 and R:235/50/17.

Is that a reasonable offer or do you think I can get a better deal?

Pls advise.

Cheers,
B

Care to share which tyre shop you got that quote from? Am looking for 225/50/R17 for my E39 which is due for a new set of rubbers.

Thanks in advance

MazzyMan;178654 said:
Just my opinion...F1s work well in the wet. Dry...they do make a lot of noise when flicking the car hard into turns.

Never used GR80 before.

Thanks for your input.:)

i used Hankook tire n find value as compare to most branded tyre.beside the price being much cheaper their performance seem on par or even better to some of the branded tyre i used before

Thinking of getting either the "New" Michelin Preceda or GR80 or PS2 for 18". Currently running on the older version of Michelin Preceda.

Can anyone recommend a place that offers good price/service or can share some pricing for those tires? Have only been to Hurry's for years now so not sure about the competition.

Thanks.

thot P** H*** in AMK's price is pretty competitive but be prepared to wait a while on weekends. alternatively go on weekdays and queue will be much shorter

OK, I would like to run this by all you guys for your thoughts:

I am using the SportMaxx and was driving in the rain today and went into Eunos Technolink at Kaki Bukit which is one of those multi storey workshop cum warehouse/industrial complex etc. The floor was quite smooth and a couple of times when I turned the corner the rear started drifting then the traction control had to be activated to reign it in. Is this normal? Scared me a little to know that the tire did not have grip. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

i think what you experienced is normal.

any tyre no matter how good will loose traction on those carpark surfaces. especially if the carpark has lots of residue oil on the ground from parked cars.

best is to not step so much when its wet in carparks. even an evo with PS2 will slide in carparks when wet

Seriously, I luv those smooth flooring!!

When it's wet, I luv to turn the steering & gun alittle!!

The whole car will swing 90deg.....dam shiok!!!

kekekeke

'The Great White'

gives me the impression of a great white sliding around on the desk of a ship. like those fishing shows.

wilman, if i need to change tyres more frequently in future, you know why! hahaha

Hahaha, sliding on those surface doesn't wear the tires at all.....unless U do alot of handbrake turn on dry tarmac.....

'The Great White'

Ha Ha! Thanks a lot guys. Very reassuring. It was really fun sliding around though. In fact I tried what Wilman said, gun it a little more at the corner and turn. At least I know it is not the tire. Thanks again.

it seems that precedas don't manufacture 245/40 17. thus, check PS2 pricing of the following

245/40 17 - SGD330
225/45 17 - SGD380

wat u guys think? good deal?

Previously, I was looking for PS2 and was quoted S$320 for 225/45/17 but manufactured in Year 2005 and I heard it was PI tyres.

Decided to change to SportMaxx and it is good enough for me since I don't track. Price S$180.

I plan to change it 2 years later and still cheaper as compared to PS2 :nehnehhh:

My previous tyres was SO3 and I think it is better than SportMaxx :yikess:

PS2 tyres like LV products ==> Good but damn expensive.

hows the new yoko V103 tires? Heard they are quite good too. OEM on Bentley and Porshe. Surely they cant be that bad. But is it better than the Toyo T1R i still have yet to find out...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky88rehab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back